PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2007, 11:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6700

Supermanwoot is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I'll be testing the rom today hopefully if you can get version 2 online.

I'll use it for a few days and donate if everything goes well! I'm hoping this fixes some problems I have been having with other WM6 roms.
Old 10-16-2007, 04:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

robmayer is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to robmayer Send a message via MSN to robmayer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surrealist215 View Post
very nice cap'm, I been waiting for this. Helmi's release was great, but really laggy. I had xcpuscalar set to 416 from 0-15% CPU load and all other CPU loads overclocked to 614 or whatever..so I'm really running the hell out of my Apache. Maybe this will help and I wolnt have to overclock! Or maybe I still will..the results should be good either way! Thanks again m8

also, I wish Pocket Sand was like the real Hell of Sand game http://www.addictinggames.com/hellof...llinggame.html
the explosions make the game worth it IMO
I hope this version works out better for you, let me know how it goes after a little while. By the way... Hell of Sand kicks ass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torx View Post
SWEET! i hope you give us sprint users the .2 update as well.
Sprint v.2 on it's way today! Well, I hope... I'm a little busy, but I should be able to squeeze it out. That is if I stop getting "Internal Server Error 404" every time I try and make a post on here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnatGoSplat View Post
I'm thinking about trying the Generic in my Alltel PPC6700, but will the Alltel customizations that occur after a hard reset still occur, or will they be removed with this ROM?

Also, does this still have the HTC Home Plugin and other HTC apps like Helmi's ROM?

Lastly, is there a way to integrate the HTC Phone Pad into this ROM, or do I need a kitchen to integrate it? The OEM WM5 for Alltel came with HTC Phone Pad so I would like it in an OEM-like WM6 as well (it is also the most convenient input method for one-hand operation).
Alltel customizations will be there depending on the last ROM you had on your phone. If it was the stock Alltel ROM then they will probably be there. No, they are not removed by this ROM. I am working on that and it should be built into the v.3 update. Anyway, if the customizations do load, just perform a soft-reset right before they run. Yes, this ROM does have the HTC Home plugin, ect. and I believe the default phone pad you want is the one built-in to this ROM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkawal View Post
using your sprint ROM since first day, running smooth since, is there more update to this like you did for verizon...
Yep, Sprint update v.2 on the way, hopefully today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermanwoot View Post
I'll be testing the rom today hopefully if you can get version 2 online.

I'll use it for a few days and donate if everything goes well! I'm hoping this fixes some problems I have been having with other WM6 roms.
Thanks for your willingness to test my ROMs, I appreciate it. Version 2 has been posted for Verizon and Generic devices.
Old 10-16-2007, 05:03 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC 6700 WM6 Apache
Carrier: Movistar (Venezuela)

hayabusa is a n00b
Thumbs up

robmayer.... again.. THANKS...a LOT !!!..

if the V.1 Generic ROM works FINE... the V.2 will be better..!!!

I will Download NOW....!! Thanks.. GREAT JOB....

Greetings from Venezuela......
Old 10-16-2007, 05:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayabusa View Post
robmayer.... again.. THANKS...a LOT !!!..

if the V.1 Generic ROM works FINE... the V.2 will be better..!!!

I will Download NOW....!! Thanks.. GREAT JOB....

Greetings from Venezuela......
Thank you very much for the compliments regarding the WM6 development. Your input is very much appreciated, and I hope you enjoy the v.2 update even more! Please, let me know what you think after you use it for a little while.
Old 10-16-2007, 07:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: telus

denti is just getting started
hi, i'm very new to all this rom stuff and have been reading. I've currently have helmi's wm6 installed by following the directions. would love to install the generic as i'm on Telus but i don't know how to go about installing the ROM.
Any directions? sorry for asking a stupid question
Old 10-16-2007, 07:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: samsung moment
Carrier: sprint

shakuyi is keeping up the good workshakuyi is keeping up the good work
hey rob dont forget to remind everyone about performing a soft reset before carrier customizations otherwise text wont work and you have to hard reset and bla bla bla anyway to fix that? btw thanks for a kick ass ROM works flawleslly
Old 10-16-2007, 07:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

denti,

Here are some instructions to get you up and running with my new rom...
First, go ahead and download the v.2 rom specific to your carrier(which I believe you said "generic") from my first post. Now, you will want to make sure your data is completely backed up on your device. If so, go ahead and place your 6700 in bootloader mode. Do this by holding the voice record button and power button simultaneously while you press the reset button with your stylus. The backlight should go off and it should say "serial" at the top of the screen. Now go ahead and plug the phone it via usb to an XP machine(not vista!). Navigate to the compressed folder you downloaded containing my rom and extract it. Open up the folder and run "UpgradeUt". Follow the steps, wait for the rom to complete, then hard reset your device and your good to go. Enoy! I hope this helped. If you need any more help, feel free to pm me anytime.
Old 10-16-2007, 07:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Thanks Shakuyi, I think I'm going to go ahead and put a note about that in my main post. This is going to be a main fix in my v.3 updates. v.3 is going to auto-wipe the ext_rom upon flashing. Hopefully will be released shortly after I get the Sprint v.2 up for download.
Old 10-16-2007, 08:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: telus

denti is just getting started
thank you robmayer. installing now. will report back if i have any problems though i don't think i will
Old 10-16-2007, 09:08 PM
1up
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6700>XV6800>TouchPro2

1up is a n00b
I would love to see a customizable HTC Home plugin like the one in this post
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=609

I have other programs I prefer to use for favorite contacts, weather, launcher, and music, so I don't really have any use for anything but the main tab with the clock and notifications. Actually if someone could strip the plugin down to the clock with notifications, and no row of tabs below that at all (so it's a bit smaller on screen), that would be sweet.

Other than that, I like it! Been running smoothly with the Verizon rom for a couple days now with no glitches. Nice work!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development