PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2007, 11:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: palm pre
Carrier: Sprint

yotoad is keeping up the good workyotoad is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
wow -- another ROM to test for Christmas -- that's awesome -- i am definitely interested! i must inquire, where can i find the HTC Home plugin and customizer -- the FTP site is hard to navigate these days . . .

also -- what does the pagepool size do?

what does your memory turn out to be after a fresh install? (storage and program)
and also what do you install typically on top of that -- (like HTC stuff)
can we get a list of what's included on ver. 8? verizon specific is one of the choices, i assume?

sorry for all the questions -- pretty excited as you can tell
Old 12-18-2007, 03:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800

Hellion is a n00b
Anyone got MMS to work using this ROM? I've tried installing a few different cabs for MMS, but when I click on send to picture to mobile number, it takes me to the text msg inbox........ any ideas. Thanx in advance.
Old 12-18-2007, 07:35 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC 6700
Carrier: Alltel

Ltran is a n00b
ahhh i saw something in the forums when i was searching alltel ppc 6700 and this guy had a program for the fix just search it thru ppcgeeks like i did it u might be lucky
Old 12-18-2007, 09:57 AM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckerdog View Post
I must sound silly, but what is MMS? and how can I find it in my extended rom?
That's a clear sign you don't need to worry about it, because you're obviously not using it! You'll have to unhide your extended rom partition (maybe Rob has it unlocked in his ROM - wouldn't know, I use the kitchen) and use file explorer to browse for the .cab file.

MMS - MultiMedia Messaging Service - send a text message w/ multimedia content attached.
Old 12-18-2007, 10:19 AM
Deep Thinker

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Quote:
Originally Posted by yotoad View Post
wow -- another ROM to test for Christmas -- that's awesome -- i am definitely interested! i must inquire, where can i find the HTC Home plugin and customizer -- the FTP site is hard to navigate these days . . .

also -- what does the pagepool size do?

what does your memory turn out to be after a fresh install? (storage and program)
and also what do you install typically on top of that -- (like HTC stuff)
can we get a list of what's included on ver. 8? verizon specific is one of the choices, i assume?
You can find HTC home plugin on xda-developers in .cab form.

Pagepool size determines the size of the pagepool
pagepool is a cache for executable program. The more software you tend to run, the larger you want your pagepool. The downside is that it takes away from program space. You'll know when you don't have enough pagepool - you get all kinds of flaky errors/problems that a reset seems to cure, temporarily.

I think Rob said that Ver 8 was truly going to be Clean & Simple - minimum extra crap. Just the basics of WM6 + a few tweaks and obligatory add-ons. If you habitually/want to install a bunch of stuff on your phone beyond basic WM6, you should consider using the kitchen instead of a C&S rom. C&S Roms are supposed to optimize stability by sacrificing features - if you're adding features, your defeating the whole point of C&S.
Old 12-18-2007, 11:09 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6700
Carrier: Telus

tuckerdog is a n00b
I am also getting the error on restart SDDAEMON.EXE unable to load. Also, I cannot start my contacts. In my programs, I have Contacts and Contacts (1). Same for Calendar. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 12-18-2007, 11:29 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: palm pre

yotoad is keeping up the good workyotoad is keeping up the good work
i agree about using the kitchen, however Rob's registry tweaks and settings are built-in, and i don't have a lot of experience with creating those --

for instance, kirvin's C&S+ kitchen (before it was taken off) had the start menu and registry settings preset to where i like them, so using the kitchen was great
Old 12-18-2007, 11:56 AM
Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by yotoad View Post
i agree about using the kitchen, however Rob's registry tweaks and settings are built-in, and i don't have a lot of experience with creating those --

for instance, kirvin's C&S+ kitchen (before it was taken off) had the start menu and registry settings preset to where i like them, so using the kitchen was great
Kirvin's Helmi kitchen is like the stoneage, compared to the current kitchen.

I don't have a clue what settings Rob has changed, but there are a number of point-and-click apps for tweaks and personal customizations. There are both kitchen and ROM versions.

If you asked nicely, you might be able to get Rob to make an OEM for his tweaks.

About the only thing I think is a big difference from the kitchen is Rob's changed directory structure. I'm not sure if he's repeating that in R8, but it really has no business in a C&S ROM anyway - you can't get much further away from C&S than non-standard directory structures.

Last edited by gguruusa; 12-18-2007 at 12:00 PM.
Old 12-18-2007, 06:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6700
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

robmayer is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to robmayer Send a message via MSN to robmayer
Quote:
Originally Posted by gguruusa View Post
I think Rob said that Ver 8 was truly going to be Clean & Simple - minimum extra crap. Just the basics of WM6 + a few tweaks and obligatory add-ons. If you habitually/want to install a bunch of stuff on your phone beyond basic WM6, you should consider using the kitchen instead of a C&S rom. C&S Roms are supposed to optimize stability by sacrificing features - if you're adding features, your defeating the whole point of C&S.
Exactly, this is really going to be the bare minimum in R8, which is actually a good thing... for the C&S fans of course. But like gguruusa said, if you want a bunch of stuff beyond the WM6 basics pre-loaded on your device then go ahead and use the kitchen.
Old 12-18-2007, 06:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800

Hellion is a n00b
After reading Rob's last post (above mines), what would be a good MMS .cab to use since I only want to add that function. Thanks in advance. I've been trying all sorts of MMS cabs I've found on this and other forums, and just can't nail it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development