PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2007, 04:40 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6700 WM6.1
Carrier: Verizon

masters is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Is there a way that programs removed can be placed somewhere so that we can install them if we wish.. For Example I would like to install programs like Pocket Sand to the Storage card since I don't need it in the rom.. Same with the 1-calc (thanks for posting it) ...

Maybe put them all inside one zip or one folder for the items removed..
BTW Thx for the work done by all that contributed...
Old 10-09-2007, 09:14 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6700

neo1982 is a n00b
Verizonguy - I'm still having issues with the alarm - it will not loop the sound - can you test it out on your phone and see if alarm implements correctly? (for reference if it matters I've tried a couple, but for now its on alarm5 that it won't loop for)
Old 10-09-2007, 09:29 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6700

neo1982 is a n00b
double post...slow internet FTL....

Last edited by neo1982; 10-09-2007 at 10:07 PM. Reason: double post
Old 10-09-2007, 11:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Myn Warm Donut RL4 on xv6900

tharris297 is keeping up the good worktharris297 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to tharris297 Send a message via AIM to tharris297 Send a message via MSN to tharris297 Send a message via Yahoo to tharris297
i have been noticing that my bluetooth connection disconnects a couple times a day ... normally i just open up comm manager and make stop and stop bluetooth.
Old 10-09-2007, 11:45 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: 6700-->6800-->BB Tour-->Pre-->Droid X

friguy3 is keeping up the good workfriguy3 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to friguy3 Send a message via Yahoo to friguy3
Quote:
Originally Posted by verizonguy View Post
I experimented with trying to make arcsoft 3.5 work with this rom, but it didn't want to integrate properly. The one we're using now is functional so going to stick with it.
wonder why, wierd. Helmi had it working in his prior releases before his WM6 release. maybe when the 6800 comes out we can get that arcsoft program. I just hate the old crappy arcsoft. you cant even replay with an sms with it...it sends an mms. oh well...thanks for trying!

Old 10-10-2007, 04:22 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC 6700

concreteman is a n00b
Send a message via ICQ to concreteman Send a message via AIM to concreteman Send a message via Yahoo to concreteman Send a message via Skype™ to concreteman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gervy View Post
Noooo..... you got rid of Pocket-SAND!!!!!!!

NO NO NO
I was diggin some of the added games and now they are gone... I was way glad to see the redundant programs gone, make it vanilla to start as some like fruits and some like nuts and I like it all with a bit of chocalate. But it does need to work which means clean solid base. Thanks for the great work. Since trying Helmi's update my phone rarely needs a soft boot and the screen alignment problems are tolerable. The screen still goes dark sometimes for no reason and I have yet to find a "good" fix for that issue. Today was the first dsod in a while which was unfortunate.

Also when I attempt to *22899 the call connects, acts normal then the call drops, tried 4 times so far on this 4th build, but I am at home and cell phones aren't supposed to work at home anyway.
Old 10-10-2007, 06:39 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Imagio

mad5950 is a n00b
The screen doesn't actually turn off, at least in my case. The backlight shuts itself off for some reason. If you tilt the phone a little, you can see the items on the screen. Just go to Settings-Backlight. You'll immediately notice the slider for the backlight while on battery has moved all the way to the left. If you slide it to the right, the backlight comes back on. I've had the same problem since I got the phone, even with the original WM5 ROM.
Old 10-10-2007, 08:21 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: VZ6700

ParrotHead is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by mad5950 View Post
The screen doesn't actually turn off, at least in my case. The backlight shuts itself off for some reason. If you tilt the phone a little, you can see the items on the screen. Just go to Settings-Backlight. You'll immediately notice the slider for the backlight while on battery has moved all the way to the left. If you slide it to the right, the backlight comes back on. I've had the same problem since I got the phone, even with the original WM5 ROM.
I also experienced this with the original Verizon WM5 rom as well as the Maintenance Release that came followed.

-PH
Old 10-10-2007, 09:01 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6700

spyrl is a n00b
I have been happily running devel2 now since it came out (Thanks a million Helmi and Verizonguy!!!!!!) that loaded perfectly and ran pretty darn good too. Now, however, when I try to install devel4 it "acts" like it is loading but nothing happens on several different XP machines. Let me explain...
In a nutshell, I go into bootloader (1.02) and see USB on the device once I plug in the cable as expected. Next, I run the devel4.exe. The file decompresses to the appropriate directory and then executes. In the 2nd (I believe) informational screen it shows that I will upgrading from blank to blank. Hmmmm.... I'm feeling anyhow lucky so I click on next to continue. It tells me that it is making sure I am not upgrading my microwave (nice touch). After that, it tells me Yay! that wasn't so bad etc... Funny thing is, I never see a countdown loading bar up to that point and the end result has always been no load!! The old dev2 is still on my phone and functioning well with my calendar and numbers intact. I have rebooted the PC and hard reset the phone in several combinations a few times during this process to try to help, but, ultimately... no love. I have re-read other posts and been careful to follow directions to a "T". I won't say that I'm new to the load process, but, I may have overlooked something this time...?

Thanks for any help/insight.
Old 10-10-2007, 11:45 AM
Lurker

tokoam is a n00b
Thumbs up Devil 4 Rocks !!

thanks verizon guy for me this has been the most stable version you have put out by far its about 70% faster then the pervious versions and i have not experianced any problems at all!! i mean it dosnt get any better for me i was using kervins clean and simple until i flashed it with ur new devil its fast ! thanks
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development