PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2007, 10:26 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: XV6700
Carrier: Verizon

rspppcgeeks is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by spetrillo View Post
FYI I flashed my 6700 with the full official AKU33 package, including the 1.43 ROM. I then re-flashed back to Devel4. Early testing is ok at this time. Not sure what the difference between 1.41 and 1.43 but no issues.
How did you get this to work??? The official AKU33 upgrades the bootloader to V2.05. Devel4 doesn't work with that bootloader, at least not for me.

I accidentally ran the wrong AKU 3.3 update and it updated my bootloader to 2.05! I meant to run the one I got from here that removed teh bootloader update. That's what I get for doing it while watching a football game. I tried the devel4 kit, but it complained about the RUU.

Now I'm incredibly disappointed. I've been running Helmi's rom for weeks and was loving it. Now I'm stuck back on the standard WM5 from AKU3.3!

I've been hunting like made for someone with a tip that will help me out of this jam, but haven't found anything.

So did you REALLY run the official AKU3.3 before devel4?

Thanks!
Old 10-19-2007, 10:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

robmayer is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to robmayer Send a message via MSN to robmayer
Quote:
Originally Posted by rspppcgeeks View Post
How did you get this to work??? The official AKU33 upgrades the bootloader to V2.05. Devel4 doesn't work with that bootloader, at least not for me.

I accidentally ran the wrong AKU 3.3 update and it updated my bootloader to 2.05! I meant to run the one I got from here that removed teh bootloader update. That's what I get for doing it while watching a football game. I tried the devel4 kit, but it complained about the RUU.

Now I'm incredibly disappointed. I've been running Helmi's rom for weeks and was loving it. Now I'm stuck back on the standard WM5 from AKU3.3!

I've been hunting like made for someone with a tip that will help me out of this jam, but haven't found anything.

Thanks!
I haven't tried this, but I was thinking that maybe you could try copying the .nbf file from devel4 and putting it in place of the .nbf of the AKU 3.3. My thinking is that it will think your flashing AKU 3.3 again, which is compatible with the new bootloader, but it will really flash WM6 devel4 because you tricked it by switching the .nbf file out. I think verizonguy renamed his rom file to os.nbf or something though, so you would have to rename it back to nk.nbf. I know if that doesn't work... there is the old bootloader floating around here somewhere. I think the link is in the thread regarding the new official AKU 3.3 release.
Old 10-20-2007, 01:00 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: XV6900

cyberfreak95 is a n00b
Question Same Problem...

Quote:

Thanks!
I'm in the same boat, I flashed with the vzw 3 and now my bootloader is 2.05. I tried flashing devel4 and it fails. Is the best thing to do backrev the bootloader?
Old 10-20-2007, 03:17 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Threadstarter

verizonguy is becoming a great contributor
Ok you dirty bastids, I've spent the last week putting together a treat for you to play with this weekend. Behold the first Apache WM6 Kitchen:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6X0AAKZL

It is a rough draft at this point Still much to do to get it where it should be, but it will provide a framework for you all to build off of. Enjoy.
Old 10-20-2007, 09:17 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio

spetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuff
Quote:

Thanks!
Yes I ran the AKU 3.3 ROM first. There is a thread out here called VZW AKU 3 Official ROM. A member took the AKU 3.3 VZW ROM and compiled it for users that did not want to upgrade their bootloader. I am running bootloader 2.02 on my 6700. Once I finished the AKU 3.3 ROM I then re-flased right back to VerizonGuy's Devel4. The only difference I see now is that the stock Verizon splash screen is default, not VerizonGuy's.

BTW - the 1.43 radio is working well so far. No issues and it does not seem to lock up like 1.41 would do from time to time.

Steve
Old 10-20-2007, 12:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker

fitbryan is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by verizonguy View Post
Ok you dirty bastids, I've spent the last week putting together a treat for you to play with this weekend. Behold the first Apache WM6 Kitchen:

It is a rough draft at this point Still much to do to get it where it should be, but it will provide a framework for you all to build off of. Enjoy.
oh neato! now we can create more issues for ourselves

does it have the ability to add 1.43 radio? guys are claiming its increasing signal strength.

thanks!
Old 10-20-2007, 12:42 PM
N00b

rspppcgeeks is a n00b
Thanks for the suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by robmayer View Post
I haven't tried this, but I was thinking that maybe you could try copying the .nbf file from devel4 and putting it in place of the .nbf of the AKU 3.3. My thinking is that it will think your flashing AKU 3.3 again, which is compatible with the new bootloader, but it will really flash WM6 devel4 because you tricked it by switching the .nbf file out. I think verizonguy renamed his rom file to os.nbf or something though, so you would have to rename it back to nk.nbf. I know if that doesn't work... there is the old bootloader floating around here somewhere. I think the link is in the thread regarding the new official AKU 3.3 release.
Thanks for the suggestion - I was able to use the RUU from helmi's 3.5 kitchen and after renaming the devel4 os.rom to nk.nbf, I was able to flash it to my device. Even though the new RUU says it is for 2.04, it seems to work fine with my device's 2.05.

But, then of course, once the rom was on the device and I reset, it comes up but hangs with the white screen of death.

I d/l'ed verizonguy's new WM6 kitchen this morning and have started playing with it as well. Any roms I build with it so far also hang with the white screen of death also.

So I may go back to helmi's original WM6 rom and try that one a bit later.

For now, I've just backed down to helmi's 3.5.

Thanks for the help and suggestions!
Old 10-20-2007, 01:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6800
Threadstarter

verizonguy is becoming a great contributor
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitbryan View Post
oh neato! now we can create more issues for ourselves

does it have the ability to add 1.43 radio? guys are claiming its increasing signal strength.

thanks!
The Radio has nothing to do with the windows rom. You can flash the windows ce rom, the extended rom and radio rom all at the same time or individually, but the radio rom isn't a module of the ce rom or anything like that.

Before criticizing someone, first walk a mile in his shoes...
Then when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away and have his shoes.
Old 10-20-2007, 02:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker

fitbryan is a n00b
I know I was just hoping you had tested it with your ROM and had it baked into the kitchen. No worries, I'll just flash it seperate. People seem to be liking it so far....
Old 10-22-2007, 07:26 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: VZ6700

ParrotHead is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by verizonguy View Post

Does this mean that there will be no A5 release, or is A4 as far as you're taking it? We really do appreciate all your work - I'm just trying to decide if I'm going to start playing around with the kitchen - something I've never done.

Thanks again,
-PH
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development