PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Apache Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   Helmi Apache WM6 verizonguy edition (early devel) (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=8722)

verizonguy 10-19-2007 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fitbryan (Post 102480)
Any idea yet if any of the new official VZW 3.3 ROM stuff will make it into next release? Particularly radio 1.43 upgrade?

thanks!

the radio will be packaged into the installer. the ce rom is the same stuff we already had with the BM release. I'll look through the ER to see what they tweaked in it.

devel5 is still a ways off as devel4 is stable for the most part and I'm working on a top secret project you dirty bastids will be happy about. ;)

ppcboi318 10-19-2007 12:57 AM

man it seems like i'm always late when it comes to updating my phone with the new hottnes, but hopefully all the kinks have been worked out.

fitbryan 10-19-2007 02:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by verizonguy (Post 102695)
the radio will be packaged into the installer. the ce rom is the same stuff we already had with the BM release. I'll look through the ER to see what they tweaked in it.

devel5 is still a ways off as devel4 is stable for the most part and I'm working on a top secret project you dirty bastids will be happy about. ;)

lol you are sucha tease. I hope the basement is giving you fits :)

I finally got the green boot screen of death. I did a soft reset after having used the htc home plugin to use the flight mode and program launcher. soft reset after that stuff and green screen of hell ensued.

Have you tried installing the 1.43 radio seperately to devel4 release? might be easier to just do that in meantime....

Gervy 10-19-2007 08:28 AM

OK, what gives.... I"m constantly getting the Green-Screen of Death now. It's usually preceded by the phone not seeing my SD-card (which is not the card, or the phone hardware, as it always works fine with the original WM5 when I re-flash that as a test. I'm finding that v4 of Verizondude's release is not so stable.

spetrillo 10-19-2007 08:55 AM

FYI I flashed my 6700 with the full official AKU33 package, including the 1.43 ROM. I then re-flashed back to Devel4. Early testing is ok at this time. Not sure what the difference between 1.41 and 1.43 but no issues.

Gervy 10-19-2007 09:23 AM

Green Screen

Quote:

Originally Posted by fitbryan (Post 102722)
lol you are sucha tease. I hope the basement is giving you fits :)

I finally got the green boot screen of death. I did a soft reset after having used the htc home plugin to use the flight mode and program launcher. soft reset after that stuff and green screen of hell ensued.

Have you tried installing the 1.43 radio seperately to devel4 release? might be easier to just do that in meantime....

I've been lacking following the threads.... but does it seem that the boot-screen from hell (green-screen of death) seem to always be related to the HTC HOME plug-in? Is this always part of WM6? I like it, but would like to see the HTC not included in the ROM. Maybe it doesn't like being run from the ROM. Not to mention, I'd like the ability to completely remove the fragg'n thing.

Gervy

fitbryan 10-19-2007 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gervy (Post 102784)
I've been lacking following the threads.... but does it seem that the boot-screen from hell (green-screen of death) seem to always be related to the HTC HOME plug-in? Is this always part of WM6? I like it, but would like to see the HTC not included in the ROM. Maybe it doesn't like being run from the ROM. Not to mention, I'd like the ability to completely remove the fragg'n thing.

Gervy

If you followed the threads you could whine a lot less :)

Just un-check it in your today items and it is effectively gone. You will likely not have an issue after that, based on what others report. Alternatively, you can search for more specifics in this and other threads relating to it and its interaction with WM6.

mn3kgtvr4 10-19-2007 02:19 PM

Yeah, I've found Devel4 to be extremely stable with no green screen of death since I unchecked HTC Home.
Everything works great, a little lag here and there and some temporary lockups like when receiving a text at the same time you're trying to open up email, etc. Haven't tried BT Stereo yet, will play around with that tonight.

csutton7 10-19-2007 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gervy (Post 102768)
OK, what gives.... I"m constantly getting the Green-Screen of Death now. It's usually preceded by the phone not seeing my SD-card (which is not the card, or the phone hardware, as it always works fine with the original WM5 when I re-flash that as a test. I'm finding that v4 of Verizondude's release is not so stable.

I'm getting a similar issue, but no GSOD. The storage card just disappears, the only way to get it back is a soft reset. It always comes back but usually goes away again, usually at least once a day. I'm using a sandisk 2 gig microSD in a miniSD adapter, but never had a problem with either the original ROM or Helmi's first release. (switched because i wanted to be rid of some of the apps in the ROM, and wanted IR to work correctly)
Could it be that it doesn't like the fact that it isn't an SDHC device? If so i guess I'll have to get a 6 gig. :)

btw, does anybody know what the Sound: Automatic setting in the HTC home, ringtone section is? I can't find any settings for it. How does it know when to change? Or has Helmi figured out a way for it to read my mind?

Thanks to Helmi, Verizonguy and all the people who have made a semi-tolerable phone into something great!

XV6700
VZW
Devel4
Radio ROM 1.41.00
Sandisk 2G MicroSD w/MiniSD adapter

reddjeep88 10-19-2007 06:32 PM

Okay...so the wife and kids left me alone long enough to sit down and laod up dev.4. the other night. I'm totally in shock now as to the true potential of what this phone can do!!!!

Install went smooth as glass! I am 4 days in now, and have opted to use Magic Button 2.1 again. (I missed my icons in the title bar...much easier to switch between stuff) I've also loaded Calendar+ 2.5.2. I used it with WM5 with no problems, and didn't realize how much I was used to it's flexability until it wasn't there.

Bluetooth & WiFi: no problems...work perfectly!

So far, no crashes, reboots, or screens of death!

I have run into one possible issue trying to log on to Yahoo. IE won't do it. It won't accept my user info for mail or other custom stuff. Haven't tried Yahoo 2.0 yet...but the E-mail sign-in is as far as I can get. I can log into every other site I've tried, but not Yahoo. I could log in on a desktop PC...but not on my 6700...kinda weird.

Other than that quirk, this thing has been bullet-proof so far!

A HUGE thanks to VerizonGuy for his tweaks (You da man)...and, of course, Helmi for his hard work!

rspppcgeeks 10-19-2007 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spetrillo (Post 102777)
FYI I flashed my 6700 with the full official AKU33 package, including the 1.43 ROM. I then re-flashed back to Devel4. Early testing is ok at this time. Not sure what the difference between 1.41 and 1.43 but no issues.

How did you get this to work??? The official AKU33 upgrades the bootloader to V2.05. Devel4 doesn't work with that bootloader, at least not for me.

](*,) I accidentally ran the wrong AKU 3.3 update and it updated my bootloader to 2.05! I meant to run the one I got from here that removed teh bootloader update. That's what I get for doing it while watching a football game. I tried the devel4 kit, but it complained about the RUU.

Now I'm incredibly disappointed. I've been running Helmi's rom for weeks and was loving it. Now I'm stuck back on the standard WM5 from AKU3.3!

I've been hunting like made for someone with a tip that will help me out of this jam, but haven't found anything.

So did you REALLY run the official AKU3.3 before devel4?

Thanks!

robmayer 10-19-2007 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rspppcgeeks (Post 103064)
How did you get this to work??? The official AKU33 upgrades the bootloader to V2.05. Devel4 doesn't work with that bootloader, at least not for me.

](*,) I accidentally ran the wrong AKU 3.3 update and it updated my bootloader to 2.05! I meant to run the one I got from here that removed teh bootloader update. That's what I get for doing it while watching a football game. I tried the devel4 kit, but it complained about the RUU.

Now I'm incredibly disappointed. I've been running Helmi's rom for weeks and was loving it. Now I'm stuck back on the standard WM5 from AKU3.3!

I've been hunting like made for someone with a tip that will help me out of this jam, but haven't found anything.

Thanks!

I haven't tried this, but I was thinking that maybe you could try copying the .nbf file from devel4 and putting it in place of the .nbf of the AKU 3.3. My thinking is that it will think your flashing AKU 3.3 again, which is compatible with the new bootloader, but it will really flash WM6 devel4 because you tricked it by switching the .nbf file out. I think verizonguy renamed his rom file to os.nbf or something though, so you would have to rename it back to nk.nbf. I know if that doesn't work... there is the old bootloader floating around here somewhere. I think the link is in the thread regarding the new official AKU 3.3 release.

cyberfreak95 10-20-2007 01:00 AM

Same Problem...

Quote:

Thanks!

I'm in the same boat, I flashed with the vzw 3 and now my bootloader is 2.05. I tried flashing devel4 and it fails. Is the best thing to do backrev the bootloader?

verizonguy 10-20-2007 03:17 AM

Ok you dirty bastids, I've spent the last week putting together a treat for you to play with this weekend. Behold the first Apache WM6 Kitchen:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6X0AAKZL

It is a rough draft at this point :) Still much to do to get it where it should be, but it will provide a framework for you all to build off of. Enjoy.

spetrillo 10-20-2007 09:17 AM

Quote:

Thanks!

Yes I ran the AKU 3.3 ROM first. There is a thread out here called VZW AKU 3 Official ROM. A member took the AKU 3.3 VZW ROM and compiled it for users that did not want to upgrade their bootloader. I am running bootloader 2.02 on my 6700. Once I finished the AKU 3.3 ROM I then re-flased right back to VerizonGuy's Devel4. The only difference I see now is that the stock Verizon splash screen is default, not VerizonGuy's.

BTW - the 1.43 radio is working well so far. No issues and it does not seem to lock up like 1.41 would do from time to time.

Steve

fitbryan 10-20-2007 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by verizonguy (Post 103162)
Ok you dirty bastids, I've spent the last week putting together a treat for you to play with this weekend. Behold the first Apache WM6 Kitchen:

It is a rough draft at this point :) Still much to do to get it where it should be, but it will provide a framework for you all to build off of. Enjoy.

oh neato! now we can create more issues for ourselves :)

does it have the ability to add 1.43 radio? guys are claiming its increasing signal strength.

thanks!

rspppcgeeks 10-20-2007 12:42 PM

Thanks for the suggestions

Quote:

Originally Posted by robmayer (Post 103069)
I haven't tried this, but I was thinking that maybe you could try copying the .nbf file from devel4 and putting it in place of the .nbf of the AKU 3.3. My thinking is that it will think your flashing AKU 3.3 again, which is compatible with the new bootloader, but it will really flash WM6 devel4 because you tricked it by switching the .nbf file out. I think verizonguy renamed his rom file to os.nbf or something though, so you would have to rename it back to nk.nbf. I know if that doesn't work... there is the old bootloader floating around here somewhere. I think the link is in the thread regarding the new official AKU 3.3 release.

Thanks for the suggestion - I was able to use the RUU from helmi's 3.5 kitchen and after renaming the devel4 os.rom to nk.nbf, I was able to flash it to my device. Even though the new RUU says it is for 2.04, it seems to work fine with my device's 2.05.

But, then of course, once the rom was on the device and I reset, it comes up but hangs with the white screen of death.

I d/l'ed verizonguy's new WM6 kitchen this morning and have started playing with it as well. Any roms I build with it so far also hang with the white screen of death also.

So I may go back to helmi's original WM6 rom and try that one a bit later.

For now, I've just backed down to helmi's 3.5.

Thanks for the help and suggestions!

verizonguy 10-20-2007 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fitbryan (Post 103347)
oh neato! now we can create more issues for ourselves :)

does it have the ability to add 1.43 radio? guys are claiming its increasing signal strength.

thanks!

The Radio has nothing to do with the windows rom. You can flash the windows ce rom, the extended rom and radio rom all at the same time or individually, but the radio rom isn't a module of the ce rom or anything like that.

fitbryan 10-20-2007 02:11 PM

I know I was just hoping you had tested it with your ROM and had it baked into the kitchen. No worries, I'll just flash it seperate. People seem to be liking it so far....

ParrotHead 10-22-2007 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by verizonguy (Post 103162)

Does this mean that there will be no A5 release, or is A4 as far as you're taking it? We really do appreciate all your work - I'm just trying to decide if I'm going to start playing around with the kitchen - something I've never done.

Thanks again,
-PH

verizonguy 10-22-2007 07:39 AM

Now that the kitchen is available, there is no real reason to continue a pre-cooked rom at this point. I also just bought a brand new i760 and will be selling my xv6700s so I will be spending more time on development of the new phone.

Don't be afraid to try the kitchen. It is really easy to use. A couple of mouse clicks and you're done.

fitbryan 10-22-2007 10:59 AM

aw :( have fun with the new phone

darufryda5 10-22-2007 03:17 PM

i dont know how to use the kitchen...can any1 help..lol

PPCFreak 10-22-2007 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by verizonguy (Post 104379)
Now that the kitchen is available, there is no real reason to continue a pre-cooked rom at this point. I also just bought a brand new i760 and will be selling my xv6700s so I will be spending more time on development of the new phone.

Don't be afraid to try the kitchen. It is really easy to use. A couple of mouse clicks and you're done.

Can I ask why you jumped to the i760? PM me with a price you want for your 6700. Have a guy looking for one.

Kalnel 10-22-2007 10:54 PM

Thanks for doing this verizonguy -- much appreciated!

In the spirit of reporting -- not complaining! -- I've experienced two problems with this ROM so far.

First, the device keeps "losing" my storage card. It'll show up for a while and then disappear, especially if the device goes to sleep for a while.

Second, it doesn't seem to play well with NoviiRemote Deluxe. For whatever reason, it "unmaps" any hard buttons I try to map with that program if I make a change to the main Windows button settings. (Novii settings are supposed to work only inside Novii.)

If anyone has any insights into addressing these, I'd appreciate all ideas. I like this ROM a lot, but before I start messing around in the kitchen, I want to make sure I have this stuff figured out.

Thanks,
kal

agunjal 10-23-2007 11:52 AM

Hello,

I used the Verizon A4 ROM update on my xv6700. After hitting 99% it gave me the following error:

Error 112 CE ROM Error

Now i cant not installed the previous ROM. I keep getting "100 Model ID error"

Can someone please help me?

Thanks

mad5950 10-23-2007 05:18 PM

Wouldn't work

Quote:

Originally Posted by robmayer (Post 103069)

Couldn't get this to work. When I tried, it gives me “error 103: ROM image file not found”- Thanks for the suggestion.

tharris297 10-23-2007 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by agunjal (Post 105170)
Hello,

I used the Verizon A4 ROM update on my xv6700. After hitting 99% it gave me the following error:

Error 112 CE ROM Error

Thanks

Looks like I wasn't the only one that got this error. I can tell you that from now own, you will have to use "NoID" RUU as i think you CID is now corrupted. Don't quote me on this, but I think thats what has happened. Like yourself, I cannot install an official rom, but have to use winrar to extract the rom and flash using NoID RUU. Option #2 of you have any of the latest Helmi Roms ... look in the upgrade folder for NoID_RUU .. copy your rom images in there, put your phone in bootloader mode and use APACUpgradeUt_noID.exe to flash your phone. If you have a rom you like .. copy the .nbk in there and flash it to yourphone.

johnjirwin 10-23-2007 06:33 PM

I guess I'm a real putz at doing a new kitchen...
I've been reading and reading and I'm still stuck with a ERROR 103: ROM Image not found message after I run "RUU" > ROMUpgradeUt . I guess I must have missed a step or something (after 1. CreateOS to "DONE" then 2. Create ROM ...all the way to the end.) I have done this over and over and I just can't figure out what I'm missing on this. Running BLoader 1.02

I guess I must be thick ....sorry!

John

johnjirwin 10-24-2007 11:08 AM

Ok ...I didn't read one line in the command prompt!

Well, as Marie Osman said after waking up (after fainting on the dance floor) "OH CRAP!" ...kinda blows my early childhood image of her!
Anyway ....Never mind my last posting about getting stuck in the bootloader screen. One line in the command screen asks to type in 1 2 or 3 ...I was just closing out the screen at that point and going into the upgrade folder and choosing the RUU upgrade exe. Guess I've got to go back to school and relearn "how to follow REAL simple instructions"

Sorry!

chinaox 10-26-2007 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by agunjal (Post 105170)
Hello,

Error 112 CE ROM Error

Thanks

Same misfortune as you. I am really sad that i can only use NoID now.

jnjn 10-28-2007 01:27 AM

cannot receive sms message with wm6 aku0.7

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

helmi_c 1.0.4 works fine
wm6 aku 0.4.2 works fine with sms too

but aku 0.7 always shows this:
"The contents of this message cannot be displayed."

it seems when there are some symbol in the message that the phone does not recongnize, it will give out this message.

do not know why, maybe some reg mod will fix it?

verizonguy 10-28-2007 02:06 AM

jnjn, this thread is for my old rom that came before the kitchen. For issues with the kitchen, please post in that thread.

As the kitchen now has everything the cooked rom had, I'm discontinuing the standalone rom.
Mods, please lock this thread. Thanks.