PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Apache Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   Helmi Apache WM6 verizonguy edition (early devel) (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=8722)

xanthias 09-22-2007 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by verizonguy (Post 91356)
I've updated the original thread with a download link for my most recent edition of Helmi's wm6 ROM.

NOTE: IF YOU ARE USING HELMI'S ORIGINAL VERIZON WM6 ROM OR MY DEVEL1 EDITION, YOU NEED TO UPDATE YOUR ROM ASAP. There is a huge safety issue. The 911 functionality is completely broken in all verizon roms < devel2. If you dial 911, your phone will lock up.

Can you confirm or debunk the posted fix in the bug report thread of installing the Mogul Big Button Dialer? Supposedly, this fixes the 911 issue, as well as * and ## functionality . . .

anubus 09-22-2007 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sph33r (Post 91386)
Just installed Dev2 .. going to play around with it a bit tonight. I'm curious, what's the point of the software to soft reset the device? It's easier to stab the stylus in bottom. Any advantage to the software?

I personally like the software soft reset as I can do it w/o taking out the stylus. SBP Menu has the feature with big buttons so I can do it w/ one hand. So it's a preference thing for me.

25-302 09-22-2007 10:42 PM

DL'ing now .WISH DEVEL2 BETTER

verizonguy 09-22-2007 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sph33r (Post 91386)
Just installed Dev2 .. going to play around with it a bit tonight. I'm curious, what's the point of the software to soft reset the device? It's easier to stab the stylus in bottom. Any advantage to the software?

Yeah, you should always use the software reset. When you do anything on your phone like getting a new text message or changing a setting on your phone, it is stored in the memory of the phone for quite a while until it is written to the rom in the flash memory. If you use the physical soft reset by putting the stylus in the hole on the bottom, you lose your recent changes. Using the software reset forces a save first.

verizonguy 09-22-2007 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xanthias (Post 91407)
Can you confirm or debunk the posted fix in the bug report thread of installing the Mogul Big Button Dialer? Supposedly, this fixes the 911 issue, as well as * and ## functionality . . .

I just found the thread you were talking about & grabbed the cab file. It is designed for Sprint users & won't work for verizon users. It uses the wrong version of phcanhtc.dll. The one we use is 49KB while the one in that cab is 13KB. I tested it just now against the stock verizon helmi release. It did allow 911 to be dialed but made options disappear in the dialer like contacts. The registry entries also aren't appropriate for vzw users.

tharris297 09-22-2007 11:42 PM

So far Dev2 just feels better. Works a lot better ... feels like it takes the curves a lot better and able to accelerate through the cones a lot better while being very reactive to breaking at high speeds.

verizonguy 09-22-2007 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tharris297 (Post 91493)
So far Dev2 just feels better. Works a lot better ... feels like it takes the curves a lot better and able to accelerate through the cones a lot better while being very reactive to breaking at high speeds.

Careful you don't run anyone over.

P.S. The changes to the dialer broke the ## codes...will need to do more work on that part.

csxt146 09-23-2007 12:40 AM

I installed DEVEL1 on Thursday. I got the "green screen" lock after a soft reboot and it had to be hard rebooted. After reading through the forums a bit, I turned off the HTC Today screen and the device lock. I have been running since then with NO need for a reboot, One recharge and moderate use of MMS, text, and Active Sync. So far, big thumbs up from me. I'll probably go to the DEVEL2 tomorrow...I could use better cornering, too! Thanks again for all your hard work.

mgioia2 09-23-2007 10:45 AM

Hows the speed of DEV2 compare to the last WM5 kitchen release?

tharris297 09-23-2007 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mgioia2 (Post 91594)
Hows the speed of DEV2 compare to the last WM5 kitchen release?

For me ... speed wise ... DEV2 is as fast for me as the Helmi 1.0.4 WM5 ... don't think i'll be going back to WM5.

I have been trying out MMS and I can send and receive Pic messages. I can also send and receive Vid messages. I uninstalled the threaded messaging program as it seemed to intercept my incoming Vid messages.

So far so good for me ... cannot wait for the next series of Tweeks from ya Verizonguy.