PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2007, 10:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6900
Carrier: Verizon

jacksplat is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I'm using the Jabra bt8010 headset and I also have the 'skip-out' problem where it spits out a few seconds of audio and then vanishes. The play/pause button on the headset works still, and when going from pause back to play, I get a micro-second of sound, but then dead air again. I'm going to try those settings and a reset to see what happens...
Old 09-02-2007, 10:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2

schl8man is a n00b
Thumbs up Sony Headset HBH-DS970

It works flawlessly for me - I am running Helmi's WM6 5.2.1620 Build 18125.0.4.2 ROM and using Sony Headset HBH-DS970.

Thank you Helmi = !
Old 09-02-2007, 10:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6900

jacksplat is just getting started
okay, that was a problem...after reset, I can't seem to unlock the phone now...enter the 4 digit code, but then I can't hit anything else...not 'unlock', not 'clr'. It still powers on and off, but there is no unlocking it. reset 4 times. I'm seeing a hard reset in my future...

edit:
okay...after several minutes of leaving it alone, I was able to get in and play some music. It got off to a shakey start...skipping for about 10 seconds, but then after that, I'd say the performance is much improved. It plays about 30-40 seconds and then skips for about a second. If it could keep this up, it would be tolerable.

I wasn't even able to get this level out of the 1.0.4 kitchen, so I'm very pleased.

Last edited by jacksplat; 09-02-2007 at 10:43 AM.
Old 09-02-2007, 11:20 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: PPC-6700
Carrier: Sprint

gilesmartin is a n00b
Send a message via ICQ to gilesmartin Send a message via AIM to gilesmartin Send a message via MSN to gilesmartin Send a message via Yahoo to gilesmartin
just from the testing that angel12 and i did, this problem is somewhat intermittant. it seemed that if we deleted all paired devices and made sure no other bt devices were turned on within range it *sometimes* would work for a while but quite often would come back. it is definitely an issue as going back to 3.5 completely fixed it. also, we are both running exchange activesync to mail2web. are any others that are having this issue doing this?
Old 09-02-2007, 11:24 AM
N00b

Surfer is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to Surfer
Initally I had problems with the "2 seconds of music then nothing" issue and posted that
the A2DP was broken. Not entirely so...I'm listening to A2DP music now in WM6.

-Surfer
Old 09-02-2007, 12:08 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Photon

Vwracer69 is a n00b
im running WM6 and the Motorola S9. i found a couple things to try after a couple hours a searching that seam to have helped. When i first started this whole bt stereo testing i was getting skips about every 25sec that lasted maybe 15 sec. Kind of anoying. after some changes i have got it to were music playes for an entire song without skipping. at about a song and a half i get a small 5 sec. from there it may skip again or play for a couple songs without skipping. i have usejointstereo set to 2, and - BitPool
- MaxSupportedBitPool both have been deleted. after these changes it seams bt for me plays rather nice.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...reless+headset
thread i found with the bt info

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=308752
link from that thread about settings to improve bt connection.
Old 09-02-2007, 12:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

supadoggie is just getting started
I have verizon 6700 and I recently flashed to WM6. I just paired it with the Logitech bluetooth headphones and the music was clear.. no skipping or anything. I didn't make any adjustments to the registry entires..

I used the new HTC Audio manager as the music player..
Old 09-02-2007, 12:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP
Carrier: VZW
Threadstarter

Ultima is keeping up the good workUltima is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjfranken View Post
the sprint store guy told me there are 2 BT chipsets in use (6700) ,qualcom and another. he didn ot say which was the one that worked but it explaines the dispairity between users.
While I'm highly skeptical that anyone at a Sprint store (or VZW or anyplace else) would know that, I think I've read here on ppcgeeks that there are 2 different hardware versions and thats why we have phones with bootloader 1.x and others with 2.x

Any of you guys that are more familiar with the insides of this thing want to comment on this?
Old 09-02-2007, 03:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and loving it

whatsinaname is just getting started
I have an old pair of anycom bsh-100. I have never gotten the stereo function to work with 6700. I tried the pitpool joint stereo and MSB settings from earlier post and I am still skipping constantly I want these to work more than you can know. heheh any other suggested settings?
Old 09-02-2007, 07:10 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910

tanukikun is a n00b
Multiple Hardware revisions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultima View Post
While I'm highly skeptical that anyone at a Sprint store (or VZW or anyplace else) would know that, I think I've read here on ppcgeeks that there are 2 different hardware versions and thats why we have phones with bootloader 1.x and others with 2.x

Any of you guys that are more familiar with the insides of this thing want to comment on this?
Yes, there are two versions of the 6700 hardware. I found out about this after buying a cheap 6700 refurb on eBay. It wound up being the 1st version which has problems with Verizon's EVDO coverage. VZW swapped it for a Ver.2 phone and that was that.

Haven't tried A2DP with this one on WM6, but I will later this week when I get my headset. Will post the results here.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development