PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Apache Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   Apache WM6 CE OS 5.2.1620 (Build 18125.0.4.2) Bugs/Patches (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=7780)

the18thtee 10-04-2007 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daveedem (Post 96580)
Yep, I'm having the same problem with mine especially when using it for SMS.

I have slide sound running so I haven't tried turning that off and using it that way.

you might try that.

The other thing I've noticed is that even before slidesound, when I slid out the keyboard, it lagged just switching views. I vaguely recall seeing something about that, but don't care enough at this point to research it more as I figure some future kitchen will resolve it.

Other than that, no real problems Helmi's WM6.

I have tweaked the reg for BT volume and no SMS sent confirmation.

if you find someone else having the same issue and a res, I'd be interested.

One of the biggest things that causes this lag is the autocorrect/word suggestions. By default it is set to suggest words after one letter is typed, which means that after one letter it is trying to search the dictionary for all the words to suggest, which is ALOT of words. If you change this to 3 or more letters before the suggestion or just turn it off all together it should help out alot.
Slide sound would only affect the transition speed, not the post-transition typing.
Let me know if that helps!

Catman51 10-04-2007 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hefman (Post 96506)
I'm not 100% sure this will work, but you could try it (get ready to hard reset though)...

The files for the Resco in the ROM likely reside in the Windows directory. You could try overwriting those files with the new version files. This means you would have to extract those files from the CAB installer and manually copy them over to the Windows directory, instead of the program's install directory. However. I don't think this will keep you from taking up more space, since they aren't flashed, just written to main memory. Plus, any hard reset will lose those changes. Worth a try, I guess.

...or, you could wait for the kitchen...

BTW, this is the drawback of putting frequently-updated software in ROMs. To update, you have to re-cook the ROM. I'm sure Helmi included this program in the ROM to assist the beta testers...

Yep, tried that one the first time around, just took up too much room, so then installed the update to the ext. rom. Sucks either way!

Bushrod 10-05-2007 09:09 AM

BUt if the ROM didn't include Resco and you installed it, it would take the exact same amount of space. What's the problem?

spideo 10-05-2007 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saqer (Post 80769)
I also noticed the same issue trying to type (in landscape mode of course) on MS Live Search today screen, but in other apps it works normally. Is this something fixable?

I'm having the same problem with Live Search and not being able to type in the letters of the top row of the Apache keyboard. Only the numbers will show up, no matter what I try with the red dot and shift, or alt.

FSTNG 10-05-2007 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shorty82 (Post 96472)
I found how to fix it before I was just wondering if anyone had found an alternate method that didn't require another hard reset. Hard resets suck, it takes me the better part of a day to re customize my ppc with all my hacks and load all the programs. Well it's ok, sounds like a project for this weekend. Thanks.

This is just an idea but if the problem is caused by one or more of the extrom programs, have you tried unhiding the extrom (if you haven't already) and clicking on each program except the uninstall hider cab? That would re-install the programs in question and add them to the remove program list (they are removed from that list as part of the automatic setup process). Then you could un-install them from the remove programs list... I would try that before doing a hard reset if you don't want to start over.

bigguns6699 10-06-2007 04:35 PM

I really like the new rom but the problem I am having is with very slow page loading with IE ( feel like I am on ATT's network) is anyone else experiencing this problem. Anything in reg edits to improve this thanks for any help

shorty82 10-08-2007 12:48 PM

Improved Performance

I have been able to improve many of the problems such as the problem with locking the phone. The hacks can be done manualy but I used SK tools and selected the optimize for perfomance option. Then I added pocket hack master, a cpu scaler to the PPC. I also played with some other random hacks just for cusomizing the ppc on sktools and tweaks 2k2, my PPC is working better then it has ever worked.

shorty82 10-08-2007 12:52 PM

3 Way Calling Issue

I am having a new issue related to something I hadn't tried since I changed to the new ROM, I can't seem to do a 3 way call. Has anyone else had this issue, or does anyone have any ideas. I am trying to make a 3 way call the same way as I used to with WM5. The following is how I used to make 3 way call with WM5 from within a call I push flash, dial number, then push flash to dial 2nd phone number, push flash again to put both calls together. This is what happens with WM6; from within call I push flash, dial phone number, push flash again to dial 2nd phone number, call never dials it just connects me back to the 1st line.

daveedem 10-08-2007 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the18thtee (Post 96607)
One of the biggest things that causes this lag is the autocorrect/word suggestions. By default it is set to suggest words after one letter is typed, which means that after one letter it is trying to search the dictionary for all the words to suggest, which is ALOT of words. If you change this to 3 or more letters before the suggestion or just turn it off all together it should help out alot.
Slide sound would only affect the transition speed, not the post-transition typing.

Many thanks... that does seem to speed it up. Still a bit of a lag, but no where near as much.

Thanks again.

PPCFreak 10-08-2007 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the18thtee (Post 96607)

Where do I find this setting to change from 1 letter to 3 or more letters? Or turn it off completely?

EDIT: Never mind. Found it in Settings -> Input.