PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Apache Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   Apache WM6 CE OS 5.2.1620 (Build 18125.0.4.2) Bugs/Patches (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=7780)

Bandits007 09-14-2007 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xanthias (Post 87142)
A word about microsoft deepfish activation - as of the time of this post, the activation code posted here still worked:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?p=1494609

Good luck

i guess it still works.

Trident 09-14-2007 06:06 PM

I'm having two issues.
One is that Contacts, Notes and Tasks are not syncing completely to Outlook 2003. It kind of reminds me of the issues I had w/WM5 and Outlook2007. Notes & Tasks don't update and Contacts seem to lose data. They also don't update well from the PPC back to the PC. Appointments all work fine.
I wonder if going back to MSO2K7 will fix this. Anyone having better experiences with either version of Outlook?

Also, for the first time today, seemingly without reason, all of my speed-dials disappeared (except for VM @1). Not huge, but not great either.
I took the opportunity to try out the PIM backup program which had never successfully worked at restoring my speed dials in WM5. If it happens again we'll see if it works better in WM6.

?GotJazz? 09-14-2007 08:06 PM

Problem with HTC X-Button 1.51 (Build 30229)

HTC X-Button is an awesome app, but it doesn't seem to be working well with the WM6 image. The HTC-hijacked close-box appears properly on the Today screen, but any launched apps show a standard WM6 "ok" or "x" in the close-box.

I don't know if the HTC X-Button app is not fully-compatible with WM6, or if this is an Apache image problem. I thought it should be mentioned, tho.

phguy65 09-15-2007 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apacho01 (Post 86671)
It seems that mine loses alignment as the day progresses. I had thought it was the screen protector that I had on it, but seems to be just fine once I realign it. havent noticed to many posts about it but it has been consistent since running WM6.

I continue to struggle with this as well, usually have to soft reset late in the day. I am also having problems with scroll bars and general touch screen becoming non functional, requiring soft reset.

batman1969 09-16-2007 09:28 AM

I just installed and too have the txt message problem... is that cab file above supposed to fix it?

dgt02 09-18-2007 12:46 PM

Linited or no connectivity and activesync code:85020006

After ROM upgrade and adding certain programs had a problem where Activesync would not work with desktop (activesync code:85020006 reported on desktop). Got this working by going into desktop Activesync 4.5 (click on File, Connection Settings) and setting "This computer is connected to:" The Internet (thanks to eskasi at http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=299558 ).

For Internet Sharing was able to get that working (was timing out/not connecting and saying "Limited or no connectivity") by stopping bluetooth on the PPC (thanks to Sleuth255 at http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=296829 ).

Funny thing is I did not have these problems with the first iteration of adding programs after the ROM upgrade - everything worked OK until adding Opera Mobile beta 8.65b (so I was not surprised PPC hung - screen went blank after heavy usage of Opera and PPC-6700 was Frozen, has to soft reset). After hard reset and backing off to Opera 8.60 public release all was OK, but then had this connecticity problem described above.

Great job Helmi - I suspect there are MS bugs as you would expect, maybe the BT stack used is the problem for Internet Sharing (sounds strange), but suspect a MS bug in ActiveSync with WM6/AS 4.5. I will see if this is a keeper. Kirvin put out a great WM5 AKU 3.5 which seemed cleaner and faster but I'm sure Helmi got the ball rolling for WM6 nicely.

fitbryan 09-18-2007 12:50 PM

I noticed landscape mode does not work properly with the 'livesearch' plugin on today screen. If you go to landscape mode, there is no scroll bar to scroll down to the input box on the today screen.

gguruusa 09-18-2007 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dgt02 (Post 89243)
Great job Helmi - I suspect there are MS bugs as you would expect, maybe the BT stack used is the problem for Internet Sharing (sounds strange), but suspect a MS bug in ActiveSync with WM6/AS 4.5. I will see if this is a keeper. Kirvin put out a great WM5 AKU 3.5 which seemed cleaner and faster but I'm sure Helmi got the ball rolling for WM6 nicely.

since Kirvin's ROM is just a tweaked version of Helmi's 3.5, you can thank Helmi for that too.

Jeff Kirvin 09-18-2007 09:23 PM

So here's an idea. How about no one but Helmi ever release anything for the Apache? No OEMs, no custom ROMs (that means you, Colonel), no nothing. Just the perfect austere beauty of what the great god Helmi gives us.

Of course, the mods will delete this post for its heresy, thus proving my suspicion that PPCgeeks has freedom of speech only as long as you agree with the overmind. I'll be sure to take a screenshot for posterity.

Helmi reverse engineered enough of Microsoft's and HTC's code to make it work on a device it wasn't meant to. He didn't write Windows Mobile 6. Let's not pretend that he's any less a humble pirate than the rest of us, neh?

verizonguy 09-19-2007 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Kirvin (Post 89526)
So here's an idea. How about no one but Helmi ever release anything for the Apache? No OEMs, no custom ROMs (that means you, Colonel), no nothing. Just the perfect austere beauty of what the great god Helmi gives us.

Of course, the mods will delete this post for its heresy, thus proving my suspicion that PPCgeeks has freedom of speech only as long as you agree with the overmind. I'll be sure to take a screenshot for posterity.

Helmi reverse engineered enough of Microsoft's and HTC's code to make it work on a device it wasn't meant to. He didn't write Windows Mobile 6. Let's not pretend that he's any less a humble pirate than the rest of us, neh?

Hi, you're an ungrateful tool. It was a huge unndertaking to port wm6 to the apache. I know, because I put over 40 hours into working on it before things in my life pulled me away from ppc hacking. It wasn't just a matter of hacking together the right files. Just the xip alone was like re-writing the damn OS. It would have taken me a lot more time to get it to the point he has.

Your paranoid cynical statement about your post soon being deleted by the "mods" was just pathetic. Mike & the gang have better things to do than delete your sad little opinion...and it is just that...sad...and little.

Seriously, find another board to troll.