PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Apache Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   Apache WM6 CE OS 5.2.1620 (Build 18125.0.4.2) Bugs/Patches (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=7780)

REO154 09-01-2007 07:38 PM

Working great so far with Sprint

All freatures working as far as I can tell. Have "hidden" the extended rom, loaded :

OSTA Mapping with BT
Epocrates Essentials

Thats it so far. Phone volume seems lower, no big deal at least so far.

Thanks

aglinx 09-01-2007 07:57 PM

Has anyone else noticed that when you have voicemail, and you click on the voicemail icon on the top of the screen nothing happens?

firegeek 09-01-2007 08:22 PM

I too noticed that the Speed dial for voicemail is nonfunctioning. Unfortunately it will not allow me to create a voicemail speed dial. Maybe a regedit? I don't know.

Other than that I have had no issues. I foolishly tried installing the threading app, before realizing that it was wrong and would make everything go to crap. But a quick hard reset, and back loving it!!!!

Jeremysjunk 09-01-2007 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ggaeta (Post 81104)
I called 911 for a freeway emergency, but it would not connect. it froze for about 20 seconds then connected then beeped (like i had just programed the phone) and hung up.

Yeah this happened to me also when I tried to dial 911. Not to good. It would not connect and it froze my phone.

Correction I just tried it again and gave it a little more time to see if it finnaly would unfreez and it did and dialed 911emergency. Looks like it works but is just delayed.

javo419 09-01-2007 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by firegeek (Post 81134)
I too noticed that the Speed dial for voicemail is nonfunctioning. Unfortunately it will not allow me to create a voicemail speed dial. Maybe a regedit? I don't know.

Other than that I have had no issues. I foolishly tried installing the threading app, before realizing that it was wrong and would make everything go to crap. But a quick hard reset, and back loving it!!!!

Holding the "1" key on the screen will get it to dial the voicemail.

aamon17 09-01-2007 08:53 PM

My Verizon XV6700

First, let me say thanks to Helmi-C!!! Donation on the way very soon.

Second, here's what I'm seeing on my device:
-- SPEED -- superb!
-- WIFI -- detects & connects to secured & unsecured networks
-- DEEPFISH -- a little quirky at first, but nice to play with. It doesn't work on sites with scripting/form elements ... ie PPCGEEKS.COM! I can't signin because of the coding! ;-(
-- OUTLOOK -- No HTML in the Wireless Sync Outlook account, as noted. I do have HTML in all of my MAPI & POP3 accounts. I have two (2) Yahoo accounts that are working flawlessly via MAPI & have been for 2 months of WM5 & WM6.
-- BLUETOOTH -- Paired with 2 headsets, no problems.-- WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER -- No landscape mode for movies. Playback choppy for 1st 10-15 seconds.
-- WIRELESS SYNC -- No problems. Everything synced & still works.
-- FILE EXPLORER -- Nice upgrade. It's REALLY slow loading the Windows folder, however.
-- PALM THREADED SMS -- Doesn't work. Tried every setting & trick from past kitchens. Using PocketCM Keyboard's threaded messaging feature in the interim.
-- DEFAULT SMS -- Works fine. Not losing messages on soft reset, as reported by some.
-- HTC HOME -- Works fine. Added my city info for weather.
-- TCPMP -- Missing CODECS, as noted.

-- ADDED SOFTWARE (all working) --
Laridian Pocket Bible -- PocketCM Contacts -- PocketCM Keyboard -- PIEPlus -- XCPUScalar -- Opera Mobile -- SKTools -- Tweaks2k2 -- GoogleMaps -- Voice Speed Dial -- SIPChange

Aside from the threaded messaging app, everything is working nicely. Will be adding SPB Diary, SPB Mobile Shell, & SPB PocketPlus later.

Again, THANKS Helmi-c. You are appreciated!

JustDavid 09-01-2007 09:07 PM

Move attachments to Storage Card

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeremysjunk (Post 81099)
Thanks alot that worked great, now I can save all mail to my sd card. Only thing is I can't see my Extended rom in Explorer anymore. Is there any way to be able to save to sd card and still see Extended rom in Explorer?

Jeremysjunk

I have decided to edit this post and remove the registry edit. It doesn't work correctly, and others have not had any luck with the registry change I mentioned.

Upon my last reboot, I too had problems, so it's best that I remove the post to prevent anyone else from having the problems. Sorry for the inconvenience.

charleskincade 09-01-2007 09:16 PM

apache wm6 ce os

i noticed too that alot of programs are redundant like resco file explorer and other resco programs. Also, internet explorer loads pages REALLY, REALLY slow. Volume does seem low but in regedit I altered the settings under Sound Categories and it seems to help alot. Just a few suggestions for the kitchen: weatherpanel, vjcandelalite, spb mobile shell, city id, and touchflo. Otherwise, everything seems to work faster and better. Oh, one question though-I'm with alltel so what should the new prl be?

iggy 09-01-2007 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by naigaboy (Post 80335)
@ RagingIdiot: This was just a test release for people to play with, hence all the duplicate types of applications for all users. Tried to accommodate as many people as possible without having them install a bunch of cabs. Ur ROM is also still unlocked from previous ROM flashes that you have done. This ROM does not touch ur extROM. That app is for ppl that havent done so previously. Yahoo Go is just a personal pref of Helmi, he uses it. ;-) Dont know of any google apps as of yet.

@ CafeteriaMan: Did you let your ext rom customize after you flashed the ROM (big No-No), also make sure to hard reset properly after you flash the ROM. I cannot duplicate your errors.

@ Hefman: Palm messaging was a realized problem before the release. Guess we should have mentioned that huh. It might be low level and this is just for apache users to know that wm6 is available for them. There is more and better to come from Helmi. we just want more ppl to test this on a wide arena so we can have better suggestions and results.

Naigaboy, nice explanation, that cleared up a few things for me. Other than the couple of minor things below and a bit of slowness sometimes (and the excess apps which the kitchen will take care of) this ROM Rocks "Helmi and gang are amazing".

1. How do I get rid of the battery that shows where the time&date use to be and return the time and date?

2. so how do you relock the ext. rom? The reason for this (hopefully I won't need to do this if you can resolve this issue) is when I try to restore my Sprite backup it keeps trying to restore the Ext. ROM and stops because it runs out of memory, when I check the Ext. ROM I find Sprite files their which is what is taking up the extra space needed to restore other programs I have installed to the extended ROM.

3. I have been going through the pages, slowly but painfully seeing if the Kitchen has been released as yet (any guesstimation) on when this will be and will it be announced in a seperate thread or do we have to keep following this thread.

charleskincade 09-01-2007 09:28 PM

One other thing. I've done everything that I remembered to do but I have a message saying " cannot connect for and unknown reason." It won't dail #777 and get through. Can someone with better knowledge please help!