PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Apache Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   Apache WM6 CE OS 5.2.1620 (Build 18125.0.4.2) Bugs/Patches (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=7780)

brad65807 09-01-2007 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by briansblount (Post 80971)
I am having same problem as soon as I installed now I have no evdo with alltell. I am with sprint. What settings did try to change I do have 20229. Thanks for help

i am not sure what i did. i soft reset the phone. i installed 20229 prl again, then i soft reset again. and then switched to alltel roam and evdo started working. i am testing it again now and see if it is still working.

Edit: Now it doesnt work. I sometimes get the "modem disconnected" and sometimes PIE just says, connecting, then loading, but nothing ever shows up

Dardo 09-01-2007 04:44 PM

ext rom

[QUOTE=naigaboy;80376]You will need to hide the ext rom, for it to use your regular sd card to save attachments.
To do that change this reg entry using a reg editor and soft reset.
hide ext rom
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\StorageManager\Profiles\ TRUEFFS_DOC1]
"MountHidden"=dword:00000001

This worked to hide EXT ROM from the memory , now i only see Storage Card!

dfrank 09-01-2007 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 69L46 (Post 80869)
I've been having the same issue with my wifi. Have only used WPA-PSK, though.

I can also confirm this. I couldn't connect to my WPA-PSK network.

schettj 09-01-2007 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brad65807 (Post 81060)
i am not sure what i did. i soft reset the phone. i installed 20229 prl again, then i soft reset again. and then switched to alltel roam and evdo started working. i am testing it again now and see if it is still working.

Edit: Now it doesnt work. I sometimes get the "modem disconnected" and sometimes PIE just says, connecting, then loading, but nothing ever shows up

I think I've seen reports over at sprintusers that spint is having some evdo outages - I noticed my (3.5 based) phone was on 1x this morning at my house and its never 1x at home... so it could have nothing to do with your phone.

Jeremysjunk 09-01-2007 06:09 PM

This is great and I love it. Is quick and I like the look. Seems pretty stable. I did notice at first I had a problem where it would not see any Wifi connections but when I tried it today it worked so not shure whats up with that.

Current problems
1. Hotmail will not sync
Apears to try but then says Failed to synchronize the folder list. The server didn't respond.
2. When I try to change the settings for All email to be saved on my SD card it does not give me that option. It will only let me save to my Extended rom2.

Past problems fixed from 3.5
1. Contacts
I used to scroll and select a contact and it would send me to a different contact. Now it works great.
Programs installed and working
1. Isilo
2. Devstate
3. E-Sword
4. Oxford Dictionary
5. KeePassPPC
6. Biblereader
7. abcToggleBT
8. Skype
9. Spb Clone.
All of these programs are working perfectly so far.

Thanks for all this great work and if you need help testing things let me know what I can do.

Dardo 09-01-2007 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeremysjunk (Post 81092)
This is great and I love it. Is quick and I like the look. Seems pretty stable. I did notice at first I had a problem where it would not see any Wifi connections but when I tried it today it worked so not shure whats up with that.

Current problems
1. Hotmail will not sync
Apears to try but then says Failed to synchronize the folder list. The server didn't respond.
2. When I try to change the settings for All email to be saved on my SD card it does not give me that option. It will only let me save to my Extended rom2.

Past problems fixed from 3.5
1. Contacts
I used to scroll and select a contact and it would send me to a different contact. Now it works great.
Programs installed and working
1. Isilo
2. Devstate
3. E-Sword
4. Oxford Dictionary
5. KeePassPPC
6. Biblereader
7. abcToggleBT
8. Skype
9. Spb Clone.
All of these programs are working perfectly so far.

Thanks for all this great work and if you need help testing things let me know what I can do.

for your extended ROM...this worked for me

================================================== ======
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\StorageManager\Profiles\ TRUEFFS_DOC1]

-----==================================

Jeremysjunk 09-01-2007 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dardo (Post 81093)
for your extended ROM...this worked for me

================================================== ======
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\StorageManager\Profiles\ TRUEFFS_DOC1]

-----==================================

Thanks alot that worked great, now I can save all mail to my sd card. Only thing is I can't see my Extended rom in Explorer anymore. Is there any way to be able to save to sd card and still see Extended rom in Explorer?

I have also noticed that when I try to Sync hotmail it only lets me sync it with the sprint network. I used to be able to connect to the wifi at home and when it said it was connecting I would hit cancel and it would still sync with the wifi connection. Any thoughts to this?

Thanks for your help and thanks to all you guys out there putting so much work into all of this.
Jeremysjunk

ggaeta 09-01-2007 07:05 PM

I called 911 for a freeway emergency, but it would not connect. it froze for about 20 seconds then connected then beeped (like i had just programed the phone) and hung up.

DerekV 09-01-2007 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ggaeta (Post 81104)
I called 911 for a freeway emergency, but it would not connect. it froze for about 20 seconds then connected then beeped (like i had just programed the phone) and hung up.

Damn that is probably the worst bug yet.

brad65807 09-01-2007 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schettj (Post 81076)
I think I've seen reports over at sprintusers that spint is having some evdo outages - I noticed my (3.5 based) phone was on 1x this morning at my house and its never 1x at home... so it could have nothing to do with your phone.

Would this also be true if you are in a 1x Sprint area (no evdo here in SW Mo) and were trying to roam on alltel evdo??