PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2008, 02:09 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon

PPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenak View Post
I'm pretty sure there is a registry setting to hide the keyboard when you slide open, I don't use it. If I start typing on my keyboard the soft board hides itself and it is fine. I do get annoyed with the portrait mode keyboard, but I rarely type with the stylus these days, so it doesn't bother me often.
I don't have an issue with the soft keyboard hiding when I slid out the keyborad. That works just like it should.

The issues are more of the way the Palm Threaded App works.

If you slid out the keyboard (landscape mode) on my 6700 atleast, it hides the last message sent (so when I am typing a reply, I can't see the last message that was sent to me). I have to pull the slider on the side down so I can see the last message (the one I would be replying to).

Also, with the soft keyboard, when you open it up, it does not shrink the threaded app down to provide room to see both the keyboard and the app message screen (where you are typing in the reply/new message).

As stated before, these are probably the way the program is made (since the palm devices do not have soft keyboard or slide out keybords).

NRGz Wiki/FAQ Here
NRGz 29022 Sense 2.5 CHT1.8.5 Jul 4th
Old 01-08-2008, 09:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Telus

redz1234 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to redz1234 Send a message via MSN to redz1234 Send a message via Yahoo to redz1234
Quote:
Originally Posted by PPCFreak View Post
I don't have an issue with the soft keyboard hiding when I slid out the keyborad. That works just like it should.

The issues are more of the way the Palm Threaded App works.

If you slid out the keyboard (landscape mode) on my 6700 atleast, it hides the last message sent (so when I am typing a reply, I can't see the last message that was sent to me). I have to pull the slider on the side down so I can see the last message (the one I would be replying to).

Also, with the soft keyboard, when you open it up, it does not shrink the threaded app down to provide room to see both the keyboard and the app message screen (where you are typing in the reply/new message).

As stated before, these are probably the way the program is made (since the palm devices do not have soft keyboard or slide out keybords).

I totally understand what your getting.

"If you slid out the keyboard (landscape mode) on my 6700 atleast, it hides the last message sent (so when I am typing a reply, I can't see the last message that was sent to me). I have to pull the slider on the side down so I can see the last message (the one I would be replying to)."

That bugged the hell out of me when I first started using the app. But as time went on its not such a big deal. All the pro's out weighed the con's when it came down to having to scroll down a little to read the last message received.

If there was a fix I would be all over it thought.

- ReDz

PPC History >> Axim X5, Axim X3, Axim X3i, PPC6700, HTC Titan, HTC Touch Pro 2
Old 01-09-2008, 07:42 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC6875 WM6.5
Carrier: Alltel

lennysh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlennysh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlennysh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlennysh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlennysh is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to lennysh Send a message via AIM to lennysh Send a message via MSN to lennysh Send a message via Yahoo to lennysh Send a message via Skype™ to lennysh
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by redz1234 View Post
I totally understand what your getting.

"If you slid out the keyboard (landscape mode) on my 6700 atleast, it hides the last message sent (so when I am typing a reply, I can't see the last message that was sent to me). I have to pull the slider on the side down so I can see the last message (the one I would be replying to)."

That bugged the hell out of me when I first started using the app. But as time went on its not such a big deal. All the pro's out weighed the con's when it came down to having to scroll down a little to read the last message received.

If there was a fix I would be all over it thought.

- ReDz
There is an easy fix. Just simply read the message before you slide out the keyboard. I mean, instinctively, I would think you'd have to read it before, so you'll know if you even need to respond to it in the first place.

Verizon's (CDMA) PPC-6875 (Rhodium_W/Touch Pro2) with WM6.5

Chat Rooms:
EliteTeam: Java or IRC Client
HTCGeeks: Java or IRC Client
PPCGeeks: Java or IRC Client

Click here to donate to the CDMA Raphael Project Team
Old 01-14-2008, 03:28 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

takmsdsm is keeping up the good worktakmsdsm is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to takmsdsm Send a message via AIM to takmsdsm Send a message via MSN to takmsdsm Send a message via Yahoo to takmsdsm
To all those who sent me a PM in the last 2.5 months, they will be replied to by morning. Guess I didnt have email notifications turned on for this forum and just been swamped.
Old 01-15-2008, 12:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Telus

redz1234 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to redz1234 Send a message via MSN to redz1234 Send a message via Yahoo to redz1234
LoL. Thats funny Takmsdsm. I could imagine how many messages you had.

- ReDz
Old 01-15-2008, 03:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC-6800

datapusher is a n00b
Unhappy

I am having an issue with this app. I have tried using it twice on this phone. Once when I first got it and then right after a hard reset after upgrading to the newest Official Rom.

My problem is that I don't recieve all my texts. I see that I recieved a new text because my text icon says I have a new one. However when I click my sms soft key there is NO new text.. In addition, The new text notification resets itself to zero.

Where are my new texts? some I can see and some don't comed through.

Very frustrating. I love the app, but not sure about the viability of missing text messages.

Last edited by datapusher; 01-15-2008 at 03:18 PM.
Old 01-15-2008, 03:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6700

TMB_XV6700 is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by datapusher View Post
I am having an issue with this app. I have tried using it twice on this phone. Once when I first got it and then right after a hard reset after upgrading to the newest Official Rom.

My problem is that I don't recieve all my texts. I see that I recieved a new text because my text icon says I have a new one. However when I click my sms soft key there is NO new text.. In addition, The new text notification resets itself to zero.

Where are my new texts? some I can see and some don't comed through.

Very frustrating. I love the app, but not sure about the viability of missing text messages.
dp,
Sounds to me like your soft key is still assigned to the old sms app. You need to re-assign it to the threader's executable, which for me is \windows\messaging.exe.
Good luck.
Old 01-15-2008, 03:59 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6700

heleyj is a n00b
Is the a size limit on the PalmMsgV001 file. my app reuns great then when the file gets around 4.5M is craps out. Any ideas?
Old 01-15-2008, 04:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC-6800

datapusher is a n00b
I don't think so. The softkey goes right to the treaded sms app. The old sms has been replaced with the new threaded app.Last time I uninstalled it everything worked fine. However, it would be great if I was able to use it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMB_XV6700 View Post
dp,
Sounds to me like your soft key is still assigned to the old sms app. You need to re-assign it to the threader's executable, which for me is \windows\messaging.exe.
Good luck.
Old 01-16-2008, 09:46 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: xv6700 & Treo 700wx

NitroSS is a n00b
could someone PM me where to find this for the xv6700 please? I have it for my treo 700wx and love it!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development