PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2007, 11:02 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

markppc6700 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to markppc6700
wow thank you taks.. i think i am keeping wm6 on my phone thanks to you, i didnt play with it until now and i am loving it..

best part so far "copchase" alarm sound woohoo i almost had a heart attack this morning LOL..

sends and recieve at the same speed it was on 3.5, also i like the fact that it didnt take over the left softkey, earlier i asked if it did because i wanted it to but then after seeing all of the options i have with that key i was glad that it didnt.

once again thank you and i will send 2 weeks worth of coffee $ for u ( *calculation* $.50 times 5 working days a week time 2 = $5.00 LOL jk)
Old 09-11-2007, 12:25 PM
rex
N00b
Pocket PC: Treo Pro
Carrier: Sprint

rex is keeping up the good workrex is keeping up the good workrex is keeping up the good work
Thanks... bug??

Taks
Thanks for the fix. couple of questions.
i can now see that there is a new txt message in the today screen. but when i open the threader app, it is no where to be found. i am able to send messages though. i cant seem to get the new ones to load.

this could be because it is picking up the data from a file called PalmMsg001 in the \windows folder. this could have been created by my first install of the palm threader available here at ppcgeeks about 2 weeks ago. my newest message in the threader is from then.
if i delete this file, then the new install seems to start loading messages from the beginning 10 at a time everytime i open the threader. considering i atleast have a 100 messages a month for the last 12, i would need to open and close the threader application a 100 times before i get upto date. is this normal? would it then receive new messages properly?
i am not sure if i am clear with my questions. if some one understands please help.
Old 09-11-2007, 02:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: samsung moment
Carrier: sprint

shakuyi is keeping up the good workshakuyi is keeping up the good work
downloaded, installed, tested working excellent great job i love it this phone has improved so much with this new rom in fact my number of soft resets have dramatically decreased
Old 09-11-2007, 03:10 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sharp KIN Two
Carrier: VzW

CommieCOZY is a n00b
Many thanks for your work. This is more of a general question than anything else, but did the palm app never report the message over bluetooth? I had really gotten used to hearing my texts instead of reading them.

Last edited by CommieCOZY; 09-11-2007 at 04:53 PM.
Old 09-11-2007, 03:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Hero

ejqr5 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via MSN to ejqr5
Thank you for making my day!!! I've been waiting for this since WM6 was released and I realized that I couldn't go without threaded texts. I will be making a donation on payday.
Commie, I've never gotten any kind of notification over my bluetooth. The only way I know is using a program I think is called bluetooth audio ID. Good luck.
Old 09-11-2007, 04:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro
Threadstarter

takmsdsm is keeping up the good worktakmsdsm is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to takmsdsm Send a message via AIM to takmsdsm Send a message via MSN to takmsdsm Send a message via Yahoo to takmsdsm
Quote:
Originally Posted by rex View Post
Taks
Thanks for the fix. couple of questions.
i can now see that there is a new txt message in the today screen. but when i open the threader app, it is no where to be found. i am able to send messages though. i cant seem to get the new ones to load.

this could be because it is picking up the data from a file called PalmMsg001 in the \windows folder. this could have been created by my first install of the palm threader available here at ppcgeeks about 2 weeks ago. my newest message in the threader is from then.
if i delete this file, then the new install seems to start loading messages from the beginning 10 at a time everytime i open the threader. considering i atleast have a 100 messages a month for the last 12, i would need to open and close the threader application a 100 times before i get upto date. is this normal? would it then receive new messages properly?
i am not sure if i am clear with my questions. if some one understands please help.
did you empty your old sms box (all of it, inbox, sent, trash, drafts) before installing? if not, you will probably have to uninstall, do that, and reinstall. more then likely you had a new text message with the old program, and installed it before checking it.

PalmSMSv001 stores all the text messages sent and recieved by the palm SMS threader ONLY. so if you installed 2 weeks ago and then went to wm6, and then used that file, then yes, the newest message would be from then.

The reason why your threader is loading messages is the reason explained above (clearing out the mailbox before install).

If you are having issues, i recommend starting from scratch. Uninstall, delete your old SMS mailbox contents (all of it, making sure to delete the trash folder too), and reinstalling the threader. You can use the old PalmSMSv001 file at that point if you choose to, but unless it has something important, i would just start with a blank slate.

Last edited by takmsdsm; 09-11-2007 at 04:18 PM.
Old 09-11-2007, 09:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II
Carrier: verizon

stuart628 is just getting started
if I use this program, I will not be able to send/recieve picture messages correct? I need to know as my wife loves to send me photos of my son throughout the day, and that is more important to me to recieve those then any threaded message
Old 09-11-2007, 10:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro
Threadstarter

takmsdsm is keeping up the good worktakmsdsm is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to takmsdsm Send a message via AIM to takmsdsm Send a message via MSN to takmsdsm Send a message via Yahoo to takmsdsm
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuart628 View Post
if I use this program, I will not be able to send/recieve picture messages correct? I need to know as my wife loves to send me photos of my son throughout the day, and that is more important to me to recieve those then any threaded message

you can receive picturemail regardless of what program you are using. you can still send picturemail via the arcsoft MMS program here on this site.
Old 09-12-2007, 11:17 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment

mboudro is a n00b
Does the palm sms app. not use sounds to notify you of a new message? I often times have my phone in my pocket and I need a vibe or a sound to notify me of a new message. Is there any way to turn this on?
Old 09-12-2007, 11:58 AM
Regular 'Geeker

fitbryan is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by mboudro View Post
Does the palm sms app. not use sounds to notify you of a new message? I often times have my phone in my pocket and I need a vibe or a sound to notify me of a new message. Is there any way to turn this on?
It works fine if you set it properly this app has its own entry in the notifications list as palm sms app, which needs to be set for whatever notification(s) you choose.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development