PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2007, 09:32 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint PPC-6700

CeruleanScarab is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by avaya View Post
If you plan on using any of the custom rom then do not let the customization software run afer the first reset. The device must be soft reset again when it say "... 3 seconds.." (something like that anyway)
I know that I can do that. My question is what CABs do I need to install from the Extended ROM after the soft reset? Which ones aren't 'junk'?
Old 09-05-2007, 09:36 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

brightedge is keeping up the good workbrightedge is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by CeruleanScarab View Post
I know that I can do that. My question is what CABs do I need to install from the Extended ROM after the soft reset? Which ones aren't 'junk'?
You don't need to install any of them (unless you want the Audible software and whatnot.) The ROM has built all of the necessary Sprint customizations built in.
And in the kitchen, bind them.
Old 09-05-2007, 09:39 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint PPC-6700

CeruleanScarab is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightedge View Post
You don't need to install any of them (unless you want the Audible software and whatnot.) The ROM has built all of the necessary Sprint customizations built in.
Thanks, that's what I wanted to know!
Old 09-05-2007, 09:54 AM
Lurker

ESteel is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMCarey View Post
I know this is a really dumb question but work with me here...can anyone give me a little more detailed instructions on how to instal wm6. I havent used my phone much and dont really know how to work it. any help would be great. thanks
Read the very first posting on this thread. If that isn't clear enough, then maybe you shouldn't be doing the upgrade.
Old 09-05-2007, 10:09 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Titan/xv6800
Carrier: Verizon

christianpeso is a n00b
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPCFreak View Post
Does any else have issues with TCMP?

I have several savedl WMV and AVI files on a storage card and can not see the video when using TCMP with this ROM.

I have tried to change some of the settings and nothing seems to help. I even moved them from the storage card to the main memory and still no-go. Got sound but no video. I see that this ROM is built with .81rc of TCMP.

Is there some Codecs missing from this ROM?

Also the buttons on TCMP are blacked out (not really; guess if you hold the phone at just the right angle you can barely see the button images). Is this a .81rc issue with TCMP or with WMP6?

I had the same problem. I just downloadedtcpmp one from the net and installed on top. Works fine now!

http://www.christianpeso.blogspot.com
Verizon XV6700
Rom: WM6 Kitchen(12/17/07)
Radio: 1.43
Old 09-05-2007, 10:14 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid Eris

Gervy is a n00b
Easy on the noobs....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESteel View Post
Read the very first posting on this thread. If that isn't clear enough, then maybe you shouldn't be doing the upgrade.

Go easy on the noobs....
While yes, people need to read instructions, some very competent people may still need to ask some questions to verify. After all, the instructions are good, but not great. I'm a veteran techie, and still had to ask a bunch of things to get acquainted at first.
Old 09-05-2007, 10:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul

prophetizer is a n00b
Voice Command function

so how exactly is voice command suppose to work? until the end of last week, i had a palm treo 700wx that had voice command built in, someone gave me a 6700 that i turned on friday, i get home and see wm6, and i was like cool. so anyways, i install vc 1.6, and the button 5 hack, now it all works, i say "call name mobile", and it takes me to the mobile number of that person in my contact list, but it doesn't call it? it did on my treo, and i never tried this on 6700 wm5, so i'm unsure if mine is buggy or what.

any ideas anyone? should i hard reset, only install VC and test, or what?
Old 09-05-2007, 10:21 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

PPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdx77 View Post
WEP works just fine for me, wpa doesn't as others have reported.
Got WEP to work. Had an issue with trying to use an invalid proxy address.

Thanks.

Only issue that remains for me at this time is TCMP.

NRGz Wiki/FAQ Here
NRGz 29022 Sense 2.5 CHT1.8.5 Jul 4th
Old 09-05-2007, 10:34 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

brightedge is keeping up the good workbrightedge is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by prophetizer View Post
so how exactly is voice command suppose to work? until the end of last week, i had a palm treo 700wx that had voice command built in, someone gave me a 6700 that i turned on friday, i get home and see wm6, and i was like cool. so anyways, i install vc 1.6, and the button 5 hack, now it all works, i say "call name mobile", and it takes me to the mobile number of that person in my contact list, but it doesn't call it? it did on my treo, and i never tried this on 6700 wm5, so i'm unsure if mine is buggy or what.

any ideas anyone? should i hard reset, only install VC and test, or what?
First of all, are you hearing a confirmation from the VC bot (Michelle)? If not, you may want to reinstall VC. If you are hearing a confirmation, check the VC settings found in Settings > Voice Command. Tap on Phone, then click Options. Make sure Confirm when calling by name is unchecked.
Old 09-05-2007, 10:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul

prophetizer is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightedge View Post
First of all, are you hearing a confirmation from the VC bot (Michelle)? If not, you may want to reinstall VC. If you are hearing a confirmation, check the VC settings found in Settings > Voice Command. Tap on Phone, then click Options. Make sure Confirm when calling by name is unchecked.
well that was it, thanks. i feel like a fool not looking through all the options. didn't have to do that on my treo i don't think, but then again, maybe i did it and forgot about it.

thanks

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development