PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2007, 10:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

rfletch12 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
All i got to say is " this is fricking awesome". Real stable for a first release. All my apps work except but palmSMS, which everyone is having trouble with and my wifi is real flakey. Takes several tries but eventually connects. Excellent job Helmi_c. !!
Old 09-02-2007, 11:16 PM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident
Quote:
Originally Posted by answerman View Post
Oh, one more thing. I see references to MSVC 1.6 above. Just to clarify, are ANY MSVC components included in this ROM? I'm a little unclear if

(1) there are none whatsoever, and a full MSVC install is needed, or
(2) it's a similar situation to the 1.0.x kitchen, where I would just need to copy the *.exe to \Windows.

I do have a licensed copy of MSVC 1.6, but was curious if I need to go through the full install or just copy the exe.

Sorry if this has been answered already, but I couldn't find it.
To repeat: MSVC is NOT included in this ROM.
There is no part of VoiceCommand included.

Frankly, I've found that MSVC works better when NOT installed directly with the ROM. When I included it in my 3.5 kitchens, I noticed that it took considerably longer to access data and respond than when it was installed post-flash and resided in the Program Files folder. Because this WM6 ROM is generally faster at everything, it's kind of hard to say whether that will be true of a WM6 Kitchen created ROM, but I do know that MSVC is responding much quicker now than with my previous WM5 AKU3.5 ROM.

Old 09-02-2007, 11:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV-6700 (Verizon HTC Apache)
Carrier: Only PPCGEEKS.com; I don't even pay monthly anymore.

PocketPcUser is keeping up the good workPocketPcUser is keeping up the good workPocketPcUser is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to PocketPcUser Send a message via MSN to PocketPcUser
Alright, I got this up and running and have had several lock-ups and problems with Windows Live, and Messaging.
I think it is real common but I could be wrong.
Is there anyone else experiencing problems with Windows Live, Messaging and deleting messages?

I love the addition to PIE, I really began to hate the icon for loading pages.. The new "Vista" icon looks very pleasing.

I don't like at all the File Explorer that is in the ROM/OS, I am glad I own Resco Explorer.
Is this the File Explorer that comes with WM6 (Not the resco, the default)?

PIE's menu is real strange, why did they move around the options? Strange, and a waste of time I think.

Boot time seems to be a very long time after flashing, meaning the time it takes for the setup menu is displayed.

Is there any reasons why the email Messaging program is still kinda buggy? Maybe a slip in the coding/programming?

The Network (PPC Networking) doesn't save the login information, is this an addition to WM6 or just something that was added to this ROM? This was a problem/BUG in WM5 as well..

I can't wait for the kitchen..

Are we going to see Marketplace in the kitchen?

Is there any updates to the Windows Live Package? Is there any way we can go back to a previous version where it would be a lot faster?

At any rate, thanks so much for this ROM! I am playing around with it like crazy.
Thanks for your hard work Helmi!
=D>
by clicking below:

Thanks,
Andrew,
Old 09-03-2007, 12:00 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Intrepid

2ndchance is a n00b
Well, I need to recind my previous posting about MSVC working on my PPC-6700 with the new WM6 ROM. It was working, but now it quit announcing incoming calls. Also, anyone using Arnald's PushMail Program? Can't get that to work either.

Sprint 3rd party vendor plan: 3000 mins, N/W 7pm, Unlimited TXT and DATA = $25/mo.
Old 09-03-2007, 12:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon (via Alltel takeover)

answerman is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident View Post
To repeat: MSVC is NOT included in this ROM.
There is no part of VoiceCommand included.

Frankly, I've found that MSVC works better when NOT installed directly with the ROM. When I included it in my 3.5 kitchens, I noticed that it took considerably longer to access data and respond than when it was installed post-flash and resided in the Program Files folder. Because this WM6 ROM is generally faster at everything, it's kind of hard to say whether that will be true of a WM6 Kitchen created ROM, but I do know that MSVC is responding much quicker now than with my previous WM5 AKU3.5 ROM.
That's the answer I was looking for. Good to know. I will install my full version then.
Old 09-03-2007, 12:29 AM
ege
Lurker
Pocket PC: TouchPro

ege is a n00b
Can someone tell me how to keep the File Explorer (not Resco) view the same from one session to ther next? I keep changing the view to a tree view with a small font, but when I exit and come back, it's reverted to the default view. I don't see any option to set the current view as default.
Old 09-03-2007, 01:07 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

krypticide is a n00b
Anyone having issues with losing Activesync settings with the PC? The Exchange server remains, but I've had to "set up" my 6700 at least 5 times now...
Old 09-03-2007, 01:16 AM
Lurker

mori is a n00b
can i install this rom on my ppc6700 using windows vista?
Old 09-03-2007, 01:32 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue
Carrier: Sprint PCS

DeadlyAP1 is a n00b
Tested WM6 for a few days and it all worked fine. Ended up getting sick of the dialer and missing the way I was set up using the 3.5 kitchen, so I have gone back to WM5 using the kitchen to make it "my" way until the WM6 kitchen is released.

Can't wait!!!
Old 09-03-2007, 01:45 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6900
Carrier: verizon

k_ogre is a n00b
ok I tried this on the "bug site" but nothing so I'll try here
I could not flash with the sprint rom(error 100 not a sported device) so I used the gen. rom I would like to knopw what I'm missing (need) from the sprint rom

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development