PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2007, 07:18 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc pro 2
Carrier: verizon

lalo54 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to lalo54
hey the txt msg process does not work when replying it gives you the first line of the text rather than the phone how can we fix it
Old 09-24-2007, 07:47 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc pro 2
Carrier: verizon

lalo54 is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to lalo54
hey im having issues when repliying to txt msg it adds the first line rather than the contact number o nthe sent to
Old 09-24-2007, 08:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: diamond
Carrier: sprint

TonyDiv is just getting started
Perhaps you should search before you post. This has been discussed at length.
Old 09-24-2007, 08:38 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6700

Noozles is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamison View Post
Hmm. First week worked well, but finally the device locked and wouldn't go past the WM6 splash on boot. I had to hard reset. People on this forum told me to make sure the Verizon customizations didn't run, and I took care of that. Just now the device did the same thing. It locked during regular operation and I had to soft reset. It will not get past the WM6 splash screen and I will have to hard reset again. Ouch. I love the new OS, and for the most part it has been good to me, but doing a hard reset weekly is really killing me right now. I need the device to work (albeit in a MUCH less impressive way) by going back to the regular build supported by Verizon. Do I just go into bootloader and download the latest patch for the xv6700 from Verizon's website? Any other recommendations?
I just ran into this same issue....but I tried a hard reset and nothing...I had to reload the ROM to get it back up and running. I hope this doesn't happen often.
Old 09-24-2007, 09:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV-6700 (Verizon HTC Apache)
Carrier: Only PPCGEEKS.com; I don't even pay monthly anymore.

PocketPcUser is keeping up the good workPocketPcUser is keeping up the good workPocketPcUser is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to PocketPcUser Send a message via MSN to PocketPcUser
Quote:
Hmm. First week worked well, but finally the device locked and wouldn't go past the WM6 splash on boot. I had to hard reset. People on this forum told me to make sure the Verizon customizations didn't run, and I took care of that. Just now the device did the same thing. It locked during regular operation and I had to soft reset. It will not get past the WM6 splash screen and I will have to hard reset again. Ouch. I love the new OS, and for the most part it has been good to me, but doing a hard reset weekly is really killing me right now. I need the device to work (albeit in a MUCH less impressive way) by going back to the regular build supported by Verizon. Do I just go into bootloader and download the latest patch for the xv6700 from Verizon's website? Any other recommendations?
Hello,
If you can get it to boot and connect to your computer through activesync, you can do it that way or bootloader mode.
The download you want is here: Or just click your carrier: Sprint, or Verizon..

Then this will do the following: Restore you EXT ROM to its original contents, and restore you radio and your ROM/OS back to the Stock ROM.
Good luck.
Sorry the plunge to WM6 wasn't working for you.
by clicking below:

Thanks,
Andrew,
Old 09-24-2007, 11:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: xperia x1
Carrier: att us

mn3kgtvr4 is a n00b
moved from sticky position? kitchen/new rom coming? how late do I need to stay up?
Old 09-25-2007, 09:44 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6700
Carrier: Verizon

TMB_XV6700 is just getting started
Quote:
....I need the device to work (albeit in a MUCH less impressive way) by going back to the regular build supported by Verizon. Do I just go into bootloader and download the latest patch for the xv6700 from Verizon's website? Any other recommendations?
Any of the roms based on Helmi_c's WM5 AKU3.5 kitchen would very likely be much better for you than the stock rom - or cook up your own using the kitchen. My $.02.
Old 09-25-2007, 11:55 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6700

dadoftwo is a n00b
Verizon user here. I flashed my 6700 last week, and it has worked flawlessly since then. I did the soft boot when the verizon customizations wanted to run. I can reply to text messages with no problems. I appreciate all of the hard work put in to this upgrade, and all of you who take the time to post your solutions to problems!
Old 09-25-2007, 12:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: AT&T

hefman is a n00b
Quote:
If you do just a little searching on here, you'll find that disabling the HTC Home plugin should solve this boot up problem. There are also some folks that have disabled the "autoupdate" for the HTC Home plugin weather data, but I don't know the details of that.

Regardless, pretty much all of us that disabled the HTC Home plugin have not had any freezing or boot issues...

Last edited by hefman; 09-25-2007 at 12:16 PM.
Old 09-25-2007, 01:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid Eris
Carrier: Verizon

Gervy is a n00b
Quote:

Funny... I used the WM6 update since the day it was released, and it worked perfectly. Then yesterday, i started having the same problems, it would freeze up, and when I used soft-reset, it wouldn't go past the boot screen. Have hard-reset it 3 times. Each time, works fine for 1/2 a day, then repeats the same issue. Last time, I didn't even install any new software, so I know it's not 3rd party stuff not included on this ROM.

Any ideas, people?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development