PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Apache Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   Apache WM6 CE OS 5.2.1620 (Build 18125.0.4.2) (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=7671)

7_sins 08-31-2007 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drizzo91 (Post 80255)
i got the same thing, and when i hit reply, it tried to send the text message to "HAHA" which was the subject of the text message i was replying to

hopefully they find a fix for this or a way around it

the1stkujo 08-31-2007 10:34 AM

Has anyone tried to use MSVC 1.6 yet? I installed it and that when fine but when I try to use it from my ear piece (Jabra BCE-250) it will not start VC. Am I doing something wrong?

But as others have said, this is fast as hell. F'n sweet man.

on-line 08-31-2007 10:41 AM

Cant upgrade

Hi all, just looking for some suggestions.

I cant seem to load the new build. I get to the bootloader screen and nothing happenens after loading both the Bell build and the generic build on my PC with Vista Business.

They only recovery path seem to be upgrading with the version of Bell that I found on the UTstarcom web page (APAC_BM_31230_700_14100_BMCID_Ship).

Once the phone is working again, I try the entire process over and although it does go further, it tell me what version I have and what version I am going too, it basically times out after a few minutes and then the phone seem stuck again in bootloader mode.

Any Ideas or tricks???

Thanks
Chris

restech 08-31-2007 10:43 AM

I have notices one bug. When synced w/PC and installing a cab etc. The install occasionally stalls around 75 - 80% then disconnects from active sync. Anyone else?

hetaldp 08-31-2007 10:43 AM

Sorry i was late to thank you buddy

I was Busy in GSM Device so have not checked the PPCGeeks.com Site

Helmi You will not Belieave you have Push life into this Device and Now it Competing the Latest Device also.

I am very Happy to see your Continued Support , As I just have sold this Device I dont have any to Customized it for Reliance Users India. I was also failed to use HTC Mogul into Reliance as Reliance dont accept the Foreign Device

I have made PPC6700 RUIM Based (CDMA Sim Card based using LG SIM TRAY) and QPST to use it in Reliance. now i have opened 2 Mogul still Confused to make it as RUIM Based.

Any way i gonna Borrow 6700 and make WM6 More Customised for Indian User I will require Such a NICE kitchen you have POsted Before.

I have made so many ROMs for the older kitchen and Will Try best to Help the Geeks Community.

Thank U Buddy, ImCokeMan luv2Chill (For Putting Reliance Customisation) and to everyone @ PPCGeeks

pierocksmysocks 08-31-2007 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by on-line (Post 80269)
Hi all, just looking for some suggestions.

I cant seem to load the new build. I get to the bootloader screen and nothing happenens after loading both the Bell build and the generic build on my PC with Vista Business.

They only recovery path seem to be upgrading with the version of Bell that I found on the UTstarcom web page (APAC_BM_31230_700_14100_BMCID_Ship).

Once the phone is working again, I try the entire process over and although it does go further, it tell me what version I have and what version I am going too, it basically times out after a few minutes and then the phone seem stuck again in bootloader mode.

Any Ideas or tricks???

Thanks
Chris

Erm, does it give you an error message saying it's the wrong device? Or is the application taking a while then suddenly crashing?

shonn.burton 08-31-2007 10:50 AM

Task Manager?

Helmi,
In the list of apps that you included in this ROM, you listed HTC Task Manager v1.51.30229.1. I cannot find this task manager anywhere. How do we utilize this utility? Oh, thanks for doing all that you do for the Apache community. I know you've heard it a million times from a million different people, but you're the man. Now all we need from you is a solid iPhone ROM and the universe will be complete. We have faith in you...

Thanks,
Shonn

runt 08-31-2007 11:04 AM

running this now. i have offered to mirror the files for helmi, just waiting for him to reply.

on-line 08-31-2007 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pierocksmysocks (Post 80274)
Erm, does it give you an error message saying it's the wrong device? Or is the application taking a while then suddenly crashing?

Error 201: Get Device Data Error after a few minutes

kienkham 08-31-2007 11:13 AM

awesome! Thanks very much. Your talent makes this site excellent!

wasserja 08-31-2007 11:16 AM

Do we have any torrent links yet?

bmjones 08-31-2007 11:17 AM

I could also host a mirror of the files. I have like 2.5tb of bandwidth a month and i use about 300mb of it normally. Can't wait to get home and dust off my 6700 to try this. I bought a Q and had been using that because my 6700 was locking up and i was having to hard reset it every month. Will see if this is better than the verizon release.

I was also wondering about the different verizon versions. what's the difference?

wasserja 08-31-2007 11:20 AM

the difference is in the bootloader version. There are actually three boot loader versions. Most likely if you have the latest kitchen you can use the loader software from that to load the rom to any boot loader.

bmjones 08-31-2007 11:25 AM

I have the latest verizon image. so.....i know nothing about the boot loaders, the difference between them, etc. Not a cell phone/pda guru unfortunately, my talents lie elsewhere.......like eating burritos

krypticide 08-31-2007 11:30 AM

Thanks for this. I just tried on Vista, but I may have bricked my phone. After connecting through Activesync (this was the only way for it to detect my phone's ROM), it reset into "Serial" mode, but then failed to connect. I am now stuck in Serial mode, and both soft and hard resets do not get me out of it, they just go straight back into Serial mode.

Any suggestions?

dancadman 08-31-2007 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shonn.burton (Post 80282)
Helmi,
In the list of apps that you included in this ROM, you listed HTC Task Manager v1.51.30229.1. I cannot find this task manager anywhere. How do we utilize this utility? Oh, thanks for doing all that you do for the Apache community. I know you've heard it a million times from a million different people, but you're the man. Now all we need from you is a solid iPhone ROM and the universe will be complete. We have faith in you...

Thanks,
Shonn

The task manager is already installed and active, but if you want the menu you need to go to settings/system/task manager and you can change your options there.

This is quite an achievement and as I have been using BigJ's ROMs and have been very happy with them, I REALLY like this ROM! There are a few things I would like to add and maybe take out, but that can be done when we get the Kitchen. I have several friends that have given up on the Apache, and I can't wait to show them this!

Great job Helmi and all the others involved! As everyone else has said, you have revived this great device!

naigaboy 08-31-2007 11:32 AM

I have tried to duplicate the errors that are being reported and I am sorry to say that I cannot find your problems.

NOTE: There are different versions of the wm6 ROM because each carriers ext rom is built into the ROM. PLEASE do not let your ext rom install after you flash the ROM as that will replace the files already in the ROM and cause the kind of problems you guys are suggesting.

Problems I am aware of include:
-the palm sms cab not sending and receiving texts
-Voice command needs this reg entry to be configured to button 5
HKLM\software\OEM\VoiceCommand
Path=""
Also, every VC announcement but callerID announce works

Please be very detailed on what your problems are and what you did to get the problem.
Thank you.

naigaboy 08-31-2007 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krypticide (Post 80316)
Thanks for this. I just tried on Vista, but I may have bricked my phone. After connecting through Activesync (this was the only way for it to detect my phone's ROM), it reset into "Serial" mode, but then failed to connect. I am now stuck in Serial mode, and both soft and hard resets do not get me out of it, they just go straight back into Serial mode.

Any suggestions?

First of all active sync doesnt work in Vista, (do u mean WMDC?)
You are currently stuck in bootloader mode, You will need the following link
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=7049
(cant verify it will work in vista either, search for XP, or use virtual pc on ur computer to create XP, that is free)
Finally, when you flash, ensure that your phone is in bootloader mode.
Come to chat room if you need more help.

pdx77 08-31-2007 11:40 AM

As this thread is going to grow large, and to help keep things a little organized
Let's post all bugs in this thread:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=7780

But I want to say that this is great! I've been running it since last night, and 0 lock ups so far =0) Great job helmi on another great release.

dmackdaddy 08-31-2007 11:46 AM

You the man!!!

robrob 08-31-2007 11:51 AM

Flashed the Sprint ROM and let it do the full install. Absolutely no issues, even plays video full screen in landscape mode. Very, very sweet.

Thank you so much Helmi.

cheeb 08-31-2007 11:52 AM

hey

i would just like to say i've been using this since about 12:30 MIDNIGHT...and this thing is rediculous....i can't believe we're using Win Mobile 6 on Apache...awesome job Helmi...

BTW....those having issues...i'm kinda confused....he packaged the rom in one executable...now...you can go ahead and do bootloader if you like...but that wasn't necessary...just plug your ppc 6700 into the computer and run setup....(I have vista btw)...your phone will automatically go into botloader mode....and after about 3-5 min. your phone will be considered gold...

I have a question...

With Internet Sharing, is Phone as Modem option and Sprint PCS connection option any different? I usually use internet sharing without issue...but i noticed this option on the mogul..and i know that the mogul wasn't "fixed" to have sprint not recognize...

will that "change" with this rom or not...thanks

taiwo989 08-31-2007 11:58 AM

Queer Thing with sprint version of Wm6

Thanks Helmi,

This is indeed a great job. Theres a bug i noticed on the sprint version. When a text message comes in, you cant see the name or number of the person that sent the text message to you. so when you tab "reply" on the return address it has the first couple of lines of the text message received as the contact name. This means you have to always guess who sent you the message and then compose a new message to them. .

track2 08-31-2007 12:00 PM

I'm trying to follow the instructions that Hemli laid out at the start of the thread. He mentions to put the device in bootloader mode, then run the updater app. I'm running Windows Vista on my PC. If I put the device in bootloader mode then connect I get a 101 NOT CONNECTED error. If I just have the 6700 running normally, plug it in, then run the updater, it detects my phone just fine and is ready to upgrade.

Am I creating a problem by NOT having the phone in bootloader mode? Just want to verify before I pull the trigger.

shiggs 08-31-2007 12:00 PM

first off - big thanks!

flash was succesful, as was the sprint customizing -> reset

Since I dont use outlook, I used PIMbackup v2.5 to save my contacts, calls, etc. prior to flash. Restore was successful as well, but I noticed some severe slow downs after. A soft reset seemed to to the trick, but I see no icons in on call history screen, and where they should be I see the dialer that I presume is under it. I am deleting all the stored calls for now and see if things work themselves out. Clearly this could be an issue with PIMbackup and not the ROM.

Some of the other things I will be testing and looking out for are:

A2DP performance with moto S805 headset

Battery life

The stupid screen turning on by itself - I really hope this is no longer an issue, it drives me crazy.

Will report back on these and anything else of interest.

Thanks again.

pdx77 08-31-2007 12:06 PM

I posted this over in the Bugs thread (let's try and post bugs over there), but I'll post it here too

For those of you who are having the text messaging issues, did you let the carrier customizations run? I remember having this issue with a previous ROM, and what fixed it was to NOT let the carrier customization run.

Try hard resetting your phone, and when it prompts that it is going to start the customization in 3 seconds, do a soft reset and see if that works.

Just a note, that all of the customizations for your carrier are built into the ROM (assuming you installed the correct one for your carrier So you should never let the customization run!

mattdb 08-31-2007 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ralydsm (Post 80253)
has anyone figured out how to actually view email as html? all of the options that i see for it are greyed out.

I am seeing the same thing.

bro4ever 08-31-2007 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shonn.burton (Post 80282)
Helmi,

Thanks,
Shonn

Go to Settings/System.....you will find it there...as Helmi said in the 1st post

canospinach 08-31-2007 12:11 PM

Great work Helmi! Seems solid, you and your crew did a wonderful job.

Who knew being involved in a "hack/mod" process could be so rewarding. i am going to donate again :-)

Thanks again, i freely volunteer for any beta work in the future ;-)

REO154 08-31-2007 12:15 PM

Nice...

Well, I downloaded, set up was sweet and its 100% from the get go. Nice work.

shiggs 08-31-2007 12:19 PM

A2dp

A2DP seems to be better implemented, but I will need to tweak the settings as the bandwidth is probably to high.

Getting a connection is much easier, keeping it may still be an issue.

sniffs 08-31-2007 12:26 PM

Does anyone know if the Encryption actually works and is bug free? I dont want to use it and find out it screws up my card..

bigdoofus 08-31-2007 12:29 PM

This is pretty awesome. I can't wait for a kitchen. $20 donation sent.

YzRacer 08-31-2007 12:29 PM

Thanks Helmi, this is the greatest! I installed from Vista no problems. Only thing I noticed was my Sprint Customs didn't run, so I didn't need a soft reset. Thanks again!

Jay6700 08-31-2007 12:31 PM

Excelent, i'm extremely excited! I'm installing now, onto my verizon XV6700. I'll let you know if i hav eany problems, but i doubt that i will have any more than i did with wm5.

Btw, does wireless sync work? I sync with work email, and haven't seen anything on this, but it's rough to sift through 3 days worth of posts when htey hit 44 pages...

mmamizuka 08-31-2007 12:33 PM

hi,not familiar with rar,how do I download it to 6700,Thanks

pcsdallas 08-31-2007 12:35 PM

html email

I can't seem to get HTML formatted email either... There's an HTML Truncation Registry setting, but I am too chicken to mess with it...

OZXV6700 08-31-2007 12:37 PM

Downloaded the rom, great job

Helmi thanks again
Paypal has a present from me to you for all your hard work

OMJ 08-31-2007 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay6700 (Post 80366)
Btw, does wireless sync work? I sync with work email, and haven't seen anything on this, but it's rough to sift through 3 days worth of posts when htey hit 44 pages...

I have wireless sync setup, working just fine.

KemoSabee 08-31-2007 12:43 PM

Thanks Helmi, and the rest of the crew here at ppcgeeks, cause of you, this is the longest I've ever owned a phone!