PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Apache Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   Apache WM6 CE OS 5.2.1620 (Build 18125.0.4.2) (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=7671)

brightedge 08-31-2007 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trident (Post 80186)
Before I simply ditch the HTC Home plugin, can someone tell me where the [previously mentioned] HTC Home customizer is found? If I can tweak the settings, I might keep it...

Also, what's been the experience of people with the extROMs? I'd like to do what Kirvin did with the blank one if the needed customizations are in the ROM, but I don't want to lose my IOTA, time sync, auto email config, etc.
Will an extROM from an older ROM build work here? (I'd like to dig up my old PPCGeeks extROM.)

One major benefit of the forum conversion from phpBB to vBulletin is the enhanced search feature. It works much better than phpBB's search.

Anyway, here's the link:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...ome+customizer

brightedge 08-31-2007 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElAguila (Post 80189)
I am sorry if these 2 things have been asked before. I started reading this thread a couple of hours ago and my eyes have gotten pretty blurry. Does this update have the ext_rom unlocked or do I need to do that myself? Also If i use the sprint update will I have to input the sprint information again after the update(i.e. account info to get back on the sprint network again.)?

The carrier customizations are built in, so you won't have to add the #777 and stuff after flashing. If you don't already have a blank ext rom, I suppose you'll want to soft reset when you see "Customizing in 3..2..1" to prevent the ext rom customizations from mucking things up.

When I flashed, the ext rom was unlocked.

If you want to lock the ext rom after, just edit the dword below from 0 to 1 and soft reset:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\StorageManager\Profiles\ TRUEFFS_DOC1]
"MountHidden"=dword:00000001

brightedge 08-31-2007 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -copyguy- (Post 80184)
you have to enter the code and click Unlock at the lower left of the screen

Yup, that's a WM6 "feature" - thank M$ for that.

brightedge 08-31-2007 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saumaun (Post 80158)
Now.... ummmmm... If I want some programs from you kitchen before this... what do I do? I want things like the GBSoft Tweak and the cingular musicID... where would I go about finding the .cabs for those?

Until a kitchen is released, I suppose you have two options:

1) Build a cab from the oem
2) Google each program name and find the original cabs (not sure if you'll find the cingular one though...

Trident 08-31-2007 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brightedge (Post 80191)
One major benefit of the forum conversion from phpBB to vBulletin is the enhanced search feature. It works much better than phpBB's search.

Anyway, here's the link:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...ome+customizer

While I thank you for the link, I obviously wasn't being clear. I know where the customizer is within the forum. (And I have the installer and OEM.)
I was looking for it on my device, since an earlier poster had mentioned that they had used it.
I read the directions for how to use it, but it's not showing up on my programs or settings list.

brightedge 08-31-2007 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saqer (Post 80142)
just reporting in after playin with it for a few hours:

synchronized fine with AS
seems just as fast as AKU 3.5, if not, faster
Like the GUI
defintely like the improvement in messaging (html mail and what not)
don't think i'm going to buy resco explorer (file explorer is much improved)

-missing the little taskbar with the comm manager and screen rotate icons, etc (how do we bring that back)

Edit the dword values in the following keys from 0 to 1 and soft reset.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SERVICES\SCREENROTATE]
"ShowIcon"=dword:1
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Services\WirelessMgr]
"Keep"=dword:1

brightedge 08-31-2007 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trident (Post 80196)
While I thank you for the link, I obviously wasn't being clear. I know where the customizer is within the forum. (And I have the installer and OEM.)
I was looking for it on my device, since an earlier poster had mentioned that they had used it.
I read the directions for how to use it, but it's not showing up on my programs or settings list.

Ah, sorry about that :) I installed the HHCv08b.cab to my storage card and the link to the program shows up in Programs as HTC Home Customizer.

<edit>
Oh, and the carrier customizations are built right in, so a blank ext rom will be fine (that's what I have.) You can dload it here if you don't already have it:
ftp://ppcgeeks:ezupload@up.ppcgeeks....nded%20ROM.rar
</edit>

Gervy 08-31-2007 09:29 AM

QUESTION: Application updates/removal (ie. DEEPFISH)

With this ROM, can I remove an app, or update it?

Example: I don't want DEEPFISH there wasting space, as it's pretty useless since it's a demo that's stripped of a lot of functionality. What happens when the final is released and I install that, will I have 2 (on in ROM, one in RAM Program space?)

azkid 08-31-2007 09:30 AM

Donation sent, thanks helmi_c and all who put there hardwork into this. System is way faster then before, I am running the verizon version with no problems. Talk about clean and simple install it just doesnt get any better. Thanks again.

brightedge 08-31-2007 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikelundi (Post 80121)
Not too up on switching ROMs, so just a simple question or two: Do I follow the same process as an official ROM and just link up to my PC via USB and click the new ROM? And is it preferred to use XP over Vista or it doesn't matter?

Please review the first post. Helmi has provided step-by-step instructions on how to flash his rom.

bleepjay 08-31-2007 09:32 AM

I'm probably getting greedy at this point but does this include the Touch features and also is there a VOIP client installed with this ROM?

brightedge 08-31-2007 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gervy (Post 80200)
With this ROM, can I remove an app, or update it?

Example: I don't want DEEPFISH there wasting space, as it's pretty useless since it's a demo that's stripped of a lot of functionality. What happens when the final is released and I install that, will I have 2 (on in ROM, one in RAM Program space?)

You can't use "Remove Programs" to remove anything built into the ROM. You can, however, delete the files associated with that program to "free up space." In other words, delete the shortcuts to deepfish and the exe. When you install the full version (whenever that may be), it will run just fine.

brightedge 08-31-2007 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bleepjay (Post 80203)
I'm probably getting greedy at this point but does this include the Touch features and also is there a VOIP client installed with this ROM?

Which Touch features? It includes the fancy HTC Home plugin, Audio Manager (is that in Touch?), Streaming Media Player, and Voice Recorder. Other than that, it's still an Apache at heart :)

Shrink 08-31-2007 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adam2dot0 (Post 80125)
So as I get to 99% on the phone updater...MY $&%#$ CAT STEPS ON THE POWER STRIP POWER BUTTON!!!! Didn't brick my phone, or computer for that matter. Now, after I shake out my drawers, I'll play with WM6, YAY!

LMAO - stupid cats, huh? That's why I have my power strip hidden in a place where the cat can't reach. Unless I disable the rear power windows in my car, my dog lowers them and jumps out!

zlich 08-31-2007 09:41 AM

awesome !!!!!!!!!! :)

CHUFLY29 08-31-2007 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brightedge (Post 80194)
Yup, that's a WM6 "feature" - thank M$ for that.

this stopped working for me after a soft reset, so be careful...

Shrink 08-31-2007 09:42 AM

I see that Deepfish is included but requires an activation. I didn't get on the beta but is there a public activation key that can be used? Thanks!

cypherkin 08-31-2007 09:43 AM

just out of curiousity, whats the difference between VeriZON AND verizon w/ boot loader 1.2?? what does it do? which is a better pack to download. i have the original rom and i have never upgraded my phone, since i got it (year + ago)

thanks for the help guys!!

brightedge 08-31-2007 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shrink (Post 80216)
I see that Deepfish is included but requires an activation. I didn't get on the beta but is there a public activation key that can be used? Thanks!

Not that I know of.

jphone1313 08-31-2007 09:49 AM

Hey guys-

Do you know if its ok to flash this ROM on Vista? What about other ROMs? I would think it would be OK, because we always put the phone in bootloader mode, and I don't think the ROM flashing is dependent on ActiveSync at all. Please advise!

Thanks!

neophenix 08-31-2007 09:51 AM

Great work, donation sent, friend sent me this link yesterday and recommended I give it a shot, very glad I did!

My only issue so far, and I think someone else mentioned it, was that during the device setup I was not able to set a pin. If I chose to, then it would just sit there and hitting next or skip did nothing, reset and hit skip and then was able to set one in the settings.

Also, for any Mac folks, syncing seems to work ok with Missing Sync V4. However it did "lockup" for lack of a better word trying to sync notes. I don't really use that so turned it off and tried again and no issue.

drizzo91 08-31-2007 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jphone1313 (Post 80222)
Hey guys-

Do you know if its ok to flash this ROM on Vista? What about other ROMs? I would think it would be OK, because we always put the phone in bootloader mode, and I don't think the ROM flashing is dependent on ActiveSync at all. Please advise!

Thanks!

the rom installation specifically tells you to be sure that the device is connected to active sync, so there must be some sort of use for it in the beginning. If you don't want a brick, i wouldn't risk it.

icr8stf 08-31-2007 09:54 AM

Just in case... how to revert?

If something were to go wrong with the ROM on my phone... how can we revert to the previous. I want to install it, big time, but if I lose some features my work will kill me. Anyone know how to revert or save the existing ROM?

GirlGoneGeek 08-31-2007 09:59 AM

Congrats & Thanks to Helmi & Wideawake. I am sure everyone is just loving their new WM6!!! I know I am!! Thanks a bunch again!!

rickpub 08-31-2007 10:04 AM

What next?? GooglePhone on HTC???

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php...show_article=1

the1stkujo 08-31-2007 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CHUFLY29 (Post 80213)
this stopped working for me after a soft reset, so be careful...

This has been my only issue so far.

jbrianj 08-31-2007 10:07 AM

Nice Work Helmi et al.
I have to say I like the result, can't wait for the first Kitchen for WM6 to be made avaiable.

@jPhone
This ROm actually Flashed from Vista with no Problems

@elAguila
No you won't have to put your Sprint Network Settings back in.

coreyoli 08-31-2007 10:08 AM

Thanks!!

So far so good Helmi... I'll give any input I can... Once I get a threaded SMS working I'll be heaven, I can't believe how much faster it is!! (this is my first non-stock rom, lol)

I'd love to donate, but just got divorced and have NO MONEY!! lol...

Thanks again!!

woods23 08-31-2007 10:11 AM

Yes once the threaded is working I'll be a HAPPIER camper..................thanks so much I was just about to buy a Mogul

2ndchance 08-31-2007 10:11 AM

Very nice. I do have 3 questions, though.

1. After flash, it never got to the point for me to hard reset so it wouldn't install Sprint Customization. However, none of it installed. The Extended ROM folder was already unlocked and empty. I did a hard reset afterwards and still the same thing.

2. Still can't get Arnald's PushMail to work. Anyone using it with this ROM?

3. While in "messaging" the left soft key now does the "delete" function instead of "new message". Can that be changed? I find myself deleting my messages, as I am so use to pressing that to write a new message.

All in all, an awesome job!

stroths 08-31-2007 10:18 AM

How much free program memory does this bad boy have after a fresh install?

Start -> Settings -> System Tab -> Device Information -> Program Memory "Free"

7_sins 08-31-2007 10:18 AM

Hey whats up loving this WM 6.0. my only question is when i get a txt message it doesnt say from who there isnt any contact name. Did anyone else get that ? How can i fix this ?

ralydsm 08-31-2007 10:22 AM

html email

has anyone figured out how to actually view email as html? all of the options that i see for it are greyed out.

EyePAQ 08-31-2007 10:23 AM

Let carrier customizations run or not?

Verizon user. Flashed perfectly (as expected from Helmi's past work). I'm still not clear whether it's better to let the customizations run or to soft-reset during the 3-second "countdown". Can someone answer that for me? Thanks!

drizzo91 08-31-2007 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 7_sins (Post 80251)
Hey whats up loving this WM 6.0. my only question is when i get a txt message it doesnt say from who there isnt any contact name. Did anyone else get that ? How can i fix this ?

i got the same thing, and when i hit reply, it tried to send the text message to "HAHA" which was the subject of the text message i was replying to

yotoad 08-31-2007 10:24 AM

if I don't like this ROM can i go back to the AKU 3.5 rom I've been using?

mikee4fun 08-31-2007 10:25 AM

Word Completion Issue

Everything works fantastic for me except for word completion. I have cycled it off and on and nothing is working . Does anyone know of a reg fix for this? This rom is so fast. Dawm hemli, you beat your Uni port of WM6. This is quicker then my UNI running stock programs and WM6.

Cheers! Have a couple of beers with my donation!!!!
Mikee

drizzo91 08-31-2007 10:28 AM

battery life

I am not sure if the rom update took alot out of the battery, or what it was, but i started using my phone this morning (about 3 hours ago) and the battery is already down to 60%!!

has anyone else noticed this?

bleepjay 08-31-2007 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brightedge (Post 80206)
Which Touch features? It includes the fancy HTC Home plugin, Audio Manager (is that in Touch?), Streaming Media Player, and Voice Recorder. Other than that, it's still an Apache at heart :)

I guess I was meaning the Cube interface with the Touch. Any word on the VOIP Client in WM6?

jruhsmith 08-31-2007 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stroths (Post 80250)
How much free program memory does this bad boy have after a fresh install?

Start -> Settings -> System Tab -> Device Information -> Program Memory "Free"

I just flashed and restored my contacts and SMS/MMS:

Storage:
3.08mb in use
36.51mb free

Program:
23.88mb in use
26.34mb free

Donation sent helmi!