PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development

Notices


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #81 (permalink)  
Old 11-30-2008, 03:20 AM
wassname's Avatar
Lurker
Offline
Pocket PC: apache
Carrier: telecom
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 5
Reputation: 0
wassname is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Apache WM6.1 Build 20924 kitchen

To fix activesyn via bluetooth http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=959
Reply With Quote
  #82 (permalink)  
Old 12-06-2008, 02:49 PM
txpunk's Avatar
Lurker
Offline
Pocket PC: PPC 6700
Carrier: Sprint
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 9
Reputation: 10
txpunk is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Apache WM6.1 Build 20924 kitchen

First of all, thanks to all, especially the Guru!

I am having battery drain issues with this build. I am using S2U2 slide-lock in this build, and FTouchFlo, but otherwise the apps have stayed the same as my last few builds over the last year.

I'm not seeing any postings about it with this build, but any tweaks in this build that could be contributing? Also, are there any confirmed battery drainers that you all are aware of? Perhaps some settings?

Thanks in advance for any info...
Reply With Quote
  #83 (permalink)  
Old 12-06-2008, 06:20 PM
DanoH5656's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: Verizon
Location: CT
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 78
Reputation: 80
DanoH5656 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Apache WM6.1 Build 20924 kitchen

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpunk View Post
First of all, thanks to all, especially the Guru!

I am having battery drain issues with this build. I am using S2U2 slide-lock in this build, and FTouchFlo, but otherwise the apps have stayed the same as my last few builds over the last year.

I'm not seeing any postings about it with this build, but any tweaks in this build that could be contributing? Also, are there any confirmed battery drainers that you all are aware of? Perhaps some settings?

Thanks in advance for any info...
There are some concerns about battery drain in the most recent build as well (20931). Although noting that you have s2u2, that may be the cause of it. Try another build without it and see if you have any differences.
__________________
The Duke - XV6700/1.41 Radio/20931 Build/Crushed by a Chair :[
The Duke II - XV6800/3.42.50 Radio w/ aGPS/nueROM 3-206/Banana Stickers
Reply With Quote
  #84 (permalink)  
Old 12-08-2008, 04:22 PM
txpunk's Avatar
Lurker
Offline
Pocket PC: PPC 6700
Carrier: Sprint
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 9
Reputation: 10
txpunk is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Apache WM6.1 Build 20924 kitchen

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanoH5656 View Post
There are some concerns about battery drain in the most recent build as well (20931). Although noting that you have s2u2, that may be the cause of it. Try another build without it and see if you have any differences.
So I've disabled S2U2, and have seen no appreciable difference; still draining pretty quick. Battery is less than a year old.
Reply With Quote
  #85 (permalink)  
Old 12-08-2008, 04:43 PM
DanoH5656's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: Verizon
Location: CT
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 78
Reputation: 80
DanoH5656 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Apache WM6.1 Build 20924 kitchen

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpunk View Post
So I've disabled S2U2, and have seen no appreciable difference; still draining pretty quick. Battery is less than a year old.
Check your task manager processes to see if there is anything going on under the hood that would cause the processor to keep being used at maximum clock cycles. My problem with the older s2u2 was that it was constantly pulling in around 30-50% at least and my processor was set to dynamic overclocking literally sucking all the juice out of my battery in less than a day.
Reply With Quote
This post has been thanked 1 times.
  #86 (permalink)  
Old 12-08-2008, 05:14 PM
txpunk's Avatar
Lurker
Offline
Pocket PC: PPC 6700
Carrier: Sprint
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 9
Reputation: 10
txpunk is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Apache WM6.1 Build 20924 kitchen

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanoH5656 View Post
Check your task manager processes to see if there is anything going on under the hood that would cause the processor to keep being used at maximum clock cycles. My problem with the older s2u2 was that it was constantly pulling in around 30-50% at least and my processor was set to dynamic overclocking literally sucking all the juice out of my battery in less than a day.
Looking at the CPU%, nothing is using much, but I'll keep an eye on it. I've confirmed S2U2 isn't a running process. I for sure haven't ruled out hardware -- I've replaced the phone 3 times over 3 1/2 years - once for battery life issues (back when I still had a protection plan).

Thanks for your input!
Reply With Quote
Reply

  PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:36 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
©2012 - PPCGeeks.com