PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2008, 05:48 PM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration
Threadstarter

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Apache WM6.1 Build 20924 kitchen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx134 View Post
I deleted the OEM I had trouble with (GB-Soft) and inserted same OEM into the rar from an older PPCkitchen rar, and now the OEM builds fine.
I'll look into it...but you really shouldn't mix things from newer .rars into older rars - things aren't always what they seem.

Quote:
I also noted if I try to use pagepool I will get slowdowns so I dont touch it, but I set it to "9" in the Apache_WM6.1_20924_96DPI_0409.txt file, so default for me is 9
Mayby I should not have said that. ..
Dont do it unless you are brave. I dont want pplz to screw up their txt files and blame me.
Changing in GUI is same as changing it in the file. Or at least it's supposed to be. Any reason you didn't use GUI and hit Save?
Old 11-25-2008, 05:49 PM
Deep Thinker
Threadstarter

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by a1something View Post
Hello all, I am new here and I am wondering how to use this kitchen? can someone explain it to me? Please feel free to e-mail me e1something@yahoo.com thank you so much.

I am amazed of what you can do with Touch Pro.

Also, If I wanted to design a theme, Where do I start?

thanks again and again.
A good place for you to start is in the Touch Pro forum, not the Apache forum.
Old 11-25-2008, 05:51 PM
Deep Thinker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by edufur View Post
Yep. I think this is the ONLY way someone will be able to successfully set pagepool. My guess is that when you do it in the UI, there becomes a double entry and it messes everything up. So I am betting it is a BUILDOS bug. Along with the duplicate entries for packages selected, I guess that's two bugs.
uh.... We'll check into those. Neither should be happening. Even so, shouldn't cause any issues.
Old 11-25-2008, 06:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Apache
Carrier: Sprint

kevdawg is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to kevdawg Send a message via MSN to kevdawg Send a message via Yahoo to kevdawg Send a message via Skype™ to kevdawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by gguruusa View Post
Why do people try reinstalling stuff all the time? It's pointless.
Not always. Sometimes it does help. However sometimes it can make things work. I've reinstalled this software sometimes because it needed to have everything cleaned up after all the tweaking I've done to it.
Old 11-25-2008, 06:18 PM
Deep Thinker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevdawg View Post
Not always. Sometimes it does help. However sometimes it can make things work. I've reinstalled this software sometimes because it needed to have everything cleaned up after all the tweaking I've done to it.
I was referring specifically to this product. It is 100% pointless - unless you've jacked with stuff you shouldn't be touching (it is not necessary to touch _any_ of the distributed files)
Old 11-26-2008, 02:45 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Verizon XV6700

elmizzle is a n00b

when ever i try to build my rom it almost completes but then it says that error writing file system.. im running it on windows vista im not sure if that is a reason but please help.. i've tried everything that i can think of.

calvinelmo@yahoo.com
Old 11-26-2008, 07:46 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Spint

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmizzle View Post
when ever i try to build my rom it almost completes but then it says that error writing file system.. im running it on windows vista im not sure if that is a reason but please help.. i've tried everything that i can think of.

calvinelmo@yahoo.com
State exactly what is says, it is good at stating details to let you know what it does not like.
You probably have too many OEMs selected.
Old 11-26-2008, 10:34 AM
Deep Thinker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmizzle View Post
You've checked too many things. Uncheck some stuff...maybe a lot of stuff.
Old 11-29-2008, 04:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Cricket

kcallis is just getting started

My first issue is that the update doesn't update any files... It just seems to hung unless there is just a long time of period that it takes to connect... Also when I try to close updater, it locks up and refuses to close...

I am running Windows XP sp2... I have 2M coming down and 768K going up. I have removed and firewall and anti virus... The updater continues to hang... I think that I have had this running for about 20 minutes and still nothing. First off, is there a way to install natively (bare metal if you will) without the updater? In the mean time, has someone created a VX6700 Cricket-centric ROM that I can use to get me moving forward... Please PM

Last edited by kcallis; 11-29-2008 at 05:54 AM. Reason: Update: 29NOV08-0147
Old 11-29-2008, 02:55 PM
Deep Thinker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcallis View Post
My first issue is that the update doesn't update any files... It just seems to hung unless there is just a long time of period that it takes to connect... Also when I try to close updater, it locks up and refuses to close...

I am running Windows XP sp2... I have 2M coming down and 768K going up. I have removed and firewall and anti virus... The updater continues to hang... I think that I have had this running for about 20 minutes and still nothing. First off, is there a way to install natively (bare metal if you will) without the updater? In the mean time, has someone created a VX6700 Cricket-centric ROM that I can use to get me moving forward... Please PM
It can take a long, long time. I've heard of 30 mins, if you've checked tons of stuff. People have significantly better success with updater if they only check 1 or two things at a time.

http://ppckitchen.org/Downloads

All the bits and pieces, manually downloadable. No instructions.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development