PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Apache Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   Apache WM6.1 Build 20748 Kitchen (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=37843)

Maxx134 09-29-2008 07:29 AM

Re: Apache WM6.1 Build 20748 Kitchen

1 Attachment(s)
HERE is a OEM I added to my kitchen to get the manila 2D working on my Apache :)

Trident 09-29-2008 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maxx134 (Post 438303)
I deleted registry as well as whole PPCkitchen folder and upon re-installation it still remembers all the crap oems I took out :(

EDIT: had to delete "ModuleDir=USER_OEM" from the "archive: path" in the BuildOS_config.text file... prob not a good thing to do but solved the issues of bad OEMs it remembered after I took them out...
EDIT: That wasnt a good move as it only worked temporary, so I dunno where it is being archived but it still remembers past crap :(

Did you do a custom install where the installed files aren't in C:\Program Files\PPCkitchen.org ? I had issues like this when I used to install manually to a different HD/partition/location.
Make sure there are no other installation of these files. Save any OEM's or project files that you do want on some removable media.

kevdawg 09-29-2008 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maxx134 (Post 438323)
HERE is a OEM I added to my kitchen to get the manila 2D working on my Apache :)

I tried your fix on mine and I can't get manilla to load when i click it. Am i doing something wrong?

Maxx134 09-29-2008 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevdawg (Post 438506)
I tried your fix on mine and I can't get manilla to load when i click it. Am i doing something wrong?

I used this OEM in combination with the other manila 2D OEM as this is just the fix, not the program.

Alternately, you can use this fix OEM and then after a flash, install latest manila cab at the xda site.

kevdawg 09-29-2008 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maxx134 (Post 438514)
I used this OEM in combination with the other OEM as this is just the fix, not the program.

Yeah, that's what I tried. I am wondering of another OEM i'm choosing is breaking manilla all together. Now after a reboot. nothing is on the screen. Not even the "tap here..."

Maxx134 09-29-2008 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trident (Post 438440)
Did you do a custom install where the installed files aren't in C:\Program Files\PPCkitchen.org ? I had issues like this when I used to install manually to a different HD/partition/location.
Make sure there are no other installation of these files. Save any OEM's or project files that you do want on some removable media.

Thanks I deleted all the other selection files within the program as it was not viewable when looking in the folder. I downloaded a new "Apache_WM6.1_20748 Selections" file and used it and it worked nicely, for now, and also saved a copy in case I screw up again :)

Maxx134 09-29-2008 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevdawg (Post 438518)
Yeah, that's what I tried. I am wondering of another OEM i'm choosing is breaking manilla all together. Now after a reboot. nothing is on the screen. Not even the "tap here..."

I think thats is a sign of too much OEMs, you should start with what you know works and add from there. Also I found the Samsung Omnia D3D driver killed my build.

For me its usually getting the right combination of "theme", "today Plugins", and "dialer skins" that cause most trouble.

Maxx134 09-29-2008 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sykosoft (Post 438275)
I'm having some....issues with this kitchen. Chief of which is the either missing or broken .Net 3.5. Anyone havng issues wth .Net?

Michael

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevdawg (Post 438042)
So is this actually usable for most people? I thought I'd see more complaints about it being very slow on our devices. Am I wrong or what? I wonder what I'm installing differently but I can't sync with exchange, I can't get my email to work with imap, it takes 5 minutes to open a text message and HTC Home Screen doesn't refresh the time until I reboot the device.
This has all happened each of the 4 times I've reflashed.

You probably tried it before the .NET update files and also mayby didn't use the older services.exe method a few posts back.

Quote:

Originally Posted by edufur (Post 437670)
ummm... ?? did anyone have any problems with the most recent update? I just attempted a build after the most recent update (selections were the same, not very many), and I am getting a build error. It says that it is too big. This can't be possible. I pretty much run a stripped down selection. I also noticed that sMMS duplicates in this build when you select it. Getting an overwrite confirmation.

Sounds to me like like you have both older PPC geek and newer PPC kitchen OEM rar files in your kitchens folder, and may also be using older selections files instead of new one (Apache_WM6.1_20748 Selections).

Quote:

Originally Posted by edufur (Post 437584)
why are we advising an older services.exe with this kitchen? the services.exe included in this build is fixed. or at least it seems to be for me. whats the beef with this version?

I wasnt shure to believe this at first, but I just noticed the slowdown with the services, so I am putting back the older one I used before. of course the different OEMs I chose also must played a role...

kevdawg 09-29-2008 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maxx134 (Post 438533)
I think thats is a sign of too much OEMs, you should start with what you know works and add from there. Also I found the Samsung Omnia D3D driver killed my build.

For me its usually getting the right combination of "theme", "today Plugins", and "dialer skins" that cause most trouble.

Ok. I tried installing absolutely nothing except for .net 2.0 manilla 2d and your patch. No luck. I tap the screen to try to load it and no luck.

Pir8Man 09-29-2008 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mastersm (Post 437452)
Thanks, what's the difference between the initial 20748 selections file on starting BuildOS and the one under the groups sub folder? Also any way to keep my selections from Helmis build, apart form manually writing down?

you can copy/paste the entries in your selections.txt files.