PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2008, 03:53 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: Verizon

delosky is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 6.1 Battery Issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by delosky View Post
Could this be the issue? I've been experiencing horrible battery drains as well. With WM5 and even with 6.0, my battery would last at least late into the evening with moderate use but now, my battery doesn't even last past 6:00pm with hardly any use at all.

Disabling ActiveSync is a no-no for me since I need to check my emails regularly (currently every 10 minutes) and EVDO is widely available in Atlanta so I'd rather not disable it since I do enjoy my web surfing!

After reading this latest post though, I did notice that the Data Connection icon does stay on and instead of the Antennae icon above the signal bars, the left and right data arrows remain, whether I'm synching emails, connecting to the web or not.

Is there a registry tweak to change this? I'd rather not go through the build process again unless absolutely necessary.
Of course as soon as I post this, I replaced the battery with one I have from a replacement and all is well. It is now almost 4:00pm and I still have 70% of my battery with regular everyday use. I think the other battery must be bad (it even charges in less than 30 minutes from a full drain).

Please disregard my post from earlier. Although my Data Connection light is still staying on, that is not draining the battery like I thought.
Old 05-13-2008, 11:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: tp
Carrier: sprint

sde780 is just getting started

I got my ppc 6700 with 3 batteries - 2 regular ones and an extended one.

1 of the regular batts lasts around 2 hours standby on a full charge, the other one lasts half a day on a full charge, and the extended can almost last a whole day.

I'm pretty sure it's the batteries fault
Old 05-15-2008, 01:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

bluedeer is keeping up the good workbluedeer is keeping up the good work

Anybody else noticed any weird issues with charging? I have the stock charger, as well as a USB cable to charge from the computer, and sometimes when I plug it into the wall charger, the unit acts as if there is no charger attached. When plugged into the USB port, it will sometimes kick on, sometimes it won't. When I check the battery status, it will report 'Unknown Battery'. I suspect there's some kind of battery driver issue that's causing this problem and possibly similar ones related. I wonder if there's something that's trying to access the battery to determine what kind/capacity of the battery and for some reason, is not talking properly, which is causing some kind of drainage issue. I have the same problem, and my results are unpredictable...sometimes it'lll work for hours on a full charge, sometimes only minutes. I can usually only get at most an hour or an hour and half call out of my PPC6700, or browsing unless I have it tethered.

I also have a car charger that used to work fine, now sometimes I'll plug it in and it won't register or charge. I'm not exactly sure how the power system functions, but I would have imagined it'd be simply hardware and not software at all, but I wonder if something that gets flashed is slightly incompatible and not switching on/off when it's supposed to, causing either no charging, or excess drain.

Soft and hard resetting my phone does not resolve this issue. What's even weirder, is that sometimes if I plug it in to a USB port and let it sit for a little while, it tends to correct the issue until I drain the battery.

Could there be some USB driver that's affecting it? Occasionally when I plug it in, I will get 'unrecognized device' until I soft reset my phone.

Food for Thought.
Old 05-15-2008, 04:36 PM
Lurker

semicharm is a n00b

I've had the 'Unknown Battery' issue since day one. It hasn't happened as much since moving to 6.0. On occasion it'll take up to a minute for it to recognize that it's plugged or unplugged, but otherwise works fine.
Old 05-22-2008, 02:58 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

cuadradoa1 is a n00b

this might be a long shot but today I was messin around with abc power meter and I went to insert an SD card while the meter was on screen - I noticed a jump from 78 to 225. I left the card in for about 2 minutes, then I took it out. It dropped back down to 75, then to 38 mA after about 20 seconds and continued at this usage until again, I popped in the memory card, and mA usage went back up to the 200's... would anyone else be willing to try this out?
Old 05-23-2008, 01:23 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint PCS

psiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuff

No major spike for me... 87mA without a card, jump to 97mA when card inserted, only to drop back to 88mA a few seconds later... pretty much stayed at 88/89mA...

Screen on, all background programs disable, data connection disconnected...
Old 05-23-2008, 07:37 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus

imnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIP

Has anyone tried out the new WM6.1 rom? I just flashed my phone with it yesterday and the batter life seems to be much better than with the initial Helmi release. Plus, things like slow typing seem to be gone as well.
Old 05-24-2008, 11:08 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

cuadradoa1 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by imnuts View Post
Has anyone tried out the new WM6.1 rom? I just flashed my phone with it yesterday and the batter life seems to be much better than with the initial Helmi release. Plus, things like slow typing seem to be gone as well.
which rom? lennys?
Old 06-25-2008, 12:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc diamond

juliocvaldez is keeping up the good workjuliocvaldez is keeping up the good work

I've been having all the same issues as bluedeer. It started a lot less noticable a few roms back. I do beleive it started when I plugged my car charger to a rental truck with an bad outlet. It made intermittent connection. From that day on, my car charger and USB cable never charged as good again. Only recently, I have seen the wall charger issues. I did a soft reset today and it started charging properly. I also noticed that recently, I've been having issues with activesync not seeing my phone even after a pc reboot.
Old 07-19-2008, 02:57 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC6700_6.5_21501

somu76 is a n00b

mn,kkkkb bjmn 6wsaxzzzzzzzzzzddcf 6

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development