PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2008, 01:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid Eris
Carrier: Verizon

Gervy is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 6.1 Battery Issue

I have the perfect fix....

Tired of my battery draining way too fast, I just went back to 6.0.

Face it... the only difference between 6.0 and 6.1 that I know of, is threaded SMS.
I cured that by installing the CAB (attached) which provides better SMS threading and messaging than what's included in 6.1.
6.0 is faster, doens't have the battery issue, and much more stable.

I don't know why people are wasting time on 6.1 just for the sake of .1 instead of .0.
I used to be one of those that needed the latest and greatest... but I'd rather a working phone instead.

GErvy
Attached Files
File Type: zip Threaded SMS.zip (922.6 KB, 30 views) Click for barcode!

--------------
Verizon Droid Eris
Old 05-02-2008, 01:45 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

imnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIP

6.1 is better with wifi from my experience, and it's also faster and more stable than 6.0 was for me. The threaded sms is somewhat annoying since I can't back up my messages, but battery life hasn't been a problem for me really. it may have changed some, but when the battery life is possibly 2 days, a few hours is a significant percentage of that time compared to the average charge cycle on a normal cell phone.
Old 05-02-2008, 01:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

tcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I had a problem with Voice Command activating over bluetooth with 6.0. So far 6.1 works quite well. The battery last a good lng time but then I am using a 2600 mAh. I wonder if its not a specific application that is giving troubles. I would de-select everything from the kitchen and checking the battery life.
Old 05-02-2008, 02:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Herman
Carrier: Telus

Van G is just getting started

I just bought a 1500 mAh Li-Po battery off eBay for $10 incl shipping and using my 2400 mAh 'monster' as a back-up. Fingers crossed the new battery does it for me.

Telus Rhodium - Energy.RHODCDMA.21916.Sense2.5.Cookie.1.8.5.Jul.04 - Radio 1.92.00WV - Voyager 510
Old 05-02-2008, 03:22 PM
Newsie and More
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

Ticklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuff

if your using a 6800 no2chem new rom (5065)is great on battery life baby....LIke I can last for 2 and a half days if I use moderate use which includes youtube, gps, and phone!!!!
Old 05-02-2008, 09:19 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: ppc6700

hydro27405 is a n00b

This is my first post on the forum so hello everyone.
I just got back into WM about a week ago when I picked up this ppc6700. I used to be pretty handy with WM and am starting to get it back. Only took me 2 tries to get 6.1 installed, I have almost 2 times the battery life than I did with WM5.
The activesync hack is the most important one it will drain the battery pretty damn quick. I also did the advance configuration and the normal power saving stuff and everything is good.

Hydro
Old 05-03-2008, 07:23 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

newgun is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by saqer View Post
according to the reviews for the dekcell is appears to be the same mAh as the OEM battery. Can you please double check because I'm thinking of getting a couple. Thanks
They are right in front of my eyes. The one I bought from SF Planet is 1500mAh, and the one from UTStarcom is 1350 mAh.

Now, the one I bought on amazon.com from SF Planet doesn't really say it's dekcell. It says Cameron Sino Technology, and the model no# is CS-AP6700SL. Maybe that's why.
Old 05-04-2008, 12:36 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: U.S. Cellular

viper15c is a n00b

i just completely removed the activesync.exe from the phone as i dont use it and im fine. running 6.1 on the kitchen with phone, wifi, and bt wide open in comm manager. i know thats not a solution for all but it worked for me
Old 05-04-2008, 01:52 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Galaxy S3
Carrier: StraightTalk

glitchbit is a n00b

So far I have disabled activesync via quickmenu, I have disabled EVDO via the phone settings (services) switched from hybrid to 1X.

I have also turned of time synchronization. So far well my battery sucked on 5.0, 6.0 and it is still just as bad on 6.1, but I have not tried it out for a full day since disabling EVDO. Also my phone is now turning on its LCD while on the charger, before today it never did that and I have been on 6.1 for weeks now.

My sister is the one that complains the most about battery life on 6.1, so I have had her to try everything I have and so far she still acts like it is draining just as bad... but maybe the EVDO will do the trick. I will find out soon.
Old 05-04-2008, 06:09 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Galaxy S3
Carrier: StraightTalk

glitchbit is a n00b

Here is an update! After probably 15 hours off the charger with no use I have only drained 20% which for is GREAT!! That means I have 80% and even after messing with my phone for several minutes and calling my house a few times I am still at 80%!

I think out of everything I have tried disabling EVDO was the best thing I have done. It should not prevent emails from being pushed to my phone (which I am not doing right now but will later) and EVDO is not available in my area anyways only 1X is. Also maybe by using a mortscript others can quickly toggle EVDO on and off.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development