PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2008, 03:51 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Spint

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 6.1 Battery Issue

I don't belive the slot cycle will have the impact you guys are experiencing. I am not experiencing that bad a difference either, but then I have not setup any email yet.

Data connecting for whatever reason usually gives this type of problem.
Old 03-18-2008, 04:06 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2
Carrier: Verizon

violentz313 is keeping up the good workviolentz313 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

that could be i have my data connection set to always on can someone help me with the the reg edit to turn it off?
Old 03-18-2008, 07:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Bell Canada

iggy is just getting started

Hi guys, quick question with the 6.1 ROM I am unable to set power options to turn off the power after X number of mins. (amount does not matter).

The problem is I check the box reboot and its unchecked again, anyone having this issue as well? OR did I miss an option when creating the ROM?

As of Dec. 10:
OMJs 6.5 ROM w/HTC Sense - and loving it.
Old 03-18-2008, 08:38 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Spint

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggy View Post
Hi guys, quick question with the 6.1 ROM I am unable to set power options to turn off the power after X number of mins. (amount does not matter).

The problem is I check the box reboot and its unchecked again, anyone having this issue as well? OR did I miss an option when creating the ROM?
You may be using some sort of Phone profile from an app that changes the setting as I dont have that prob on reset.
Old 03-18-2008, 10:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Bell Canada

iggy is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx134 View Post
You may be using some sort of Phone profile from an app that changes the setting as I dont have that prob on reset.
Maxx134, thanks so much man, excellent call. I had PhoneWeaver disabling the PowerOff option on all Profiles. Works great now.
Old 03-19-2008, 04:47 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG V10, iPhone 6 and Nokia ICON

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT

Does anyone have any other tips for battery life here ? I installed 6.1 and it's horrable, I used talked on my phone for about 45 min, and battery is now less than 30%. If I use the phone for another 10-20 min, I'll get the battery low error. Temped to go back to 5.0, really don't want to, I need some of the features in 6.0 for e-mail etc.
Old 03-19-2008, 05:41 PM
Ditch Doctor
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

GaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I would suggest for those with battery issues to install abcbattery meter from the kitchen and run it for a while. Post your results here when you post a question so that it can be determined where the drain is coming from. The program will run in the background so you can see how much usage from different functions like phone calls, internet, etc. Also note what the levels are when the phone is in standby. Also pay attention to the signal/data meter in the top bar. If you see that the data stream is connected often then you may want to check you email settings to see how often it access the net. I have not experienced the problems some of you have. If those with serious issues could also post selections text then maybe we can compare them and see if a particular program is causing a drain.

Feel free to if choose to do so.
My ROM for Verizon, Sprint, Alltel, US Cellular and Cricket 20931 Base!!

The THANKS button is over there------------------------------------------------>
Old 03-19-2008, 11:31 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG V10, iPhone 6 and Nokia ICON

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ga. Medic View Post
I would suggest for those with battery issues to install abcbattery meter from the kitchen and run it for a while. Post your results here when you post a question so that it can be determined where the drain is coming from. The program will run in the background so you can see how much usage from different functions like phone calls, internet, etc. Also note what the levels are when the phone is in standby. Also pay attention to the signal/data meter in the top bar. If you see that the data stream is connected often then you may want to check you email settings to see how often it access the net. I have not experienced the problems some of you have. If those with serious issues could also post selections text then maybe we can compare them and see if a particular program is causing a drain.
Ok, will do, I'll try to reflash mine again tomorrow (takes a good hour to get everything back up and running again). So today, I have talked on the phone for about and hour to an hour and 10. I have replaced the battery 2 times (extra one on the charger), not using interenet, wi-fi or bluetooth, just getting phone calls. I'm afraid to even turn on the internet (as I have unlimited access) just cause the battery will be dead even sooner. I think the phone is done in about 45min of acutal talk time.

5.0 was ok, 6.0 was worse but, I could live with it, 6.1 is horrable, I've looked up every little hack and trick I can find but, nothing helps(even the backlight is down to the lowest setting).
Old 03-21-2008, 05:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO
Carrier: SPRINT

tek2tirado is just getting started

im actually havin better battery life then 6.1
i went 2 days with out havin 2 charge it

mostly txt msgs and internet once in awhile 2 check scores
im very happy with this build
works extremely fast also
Old 03-21-2008, 10:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: ppc6700 & 6800/ Touch Pro/ now Htc Incredible
Carrier: Alltel/Verizon

charleskincade is just getting started

i've experienced the very same exact thing with the battery issue and nothing seems to help.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development