View Single Post
Old 03-19-2008, 11:31 PM
DavidinCT
VIP Member

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT
Re: 6.1 Battery Issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ga. Medic View Post
I would suggest for those with battery issues to install abcbattery meter from the kitchen and run it for a while. Post your results here when you post a question so that it can be determined where the drain is coming from. The program will run in the background so you can see how much usage from different functions like phone calls, internet, etc. Also note what the levels are when the phone is in standby. Also pay attention to the signal/data meter in the top bar. If you see that the data stream is connected often then you may want to check you email settings to see how often it access the net. I have not experienced the problems some of you have. If those with serious issues could also post selections text then maybe we can compare them and see if a particular program is causing a drain.
Ok, will do, I'll try to reflash mine again tomorrow (takes a good hour to get everything back up and running again). So today, I have talked on the phone for about and hour to an hour and 10. I have replaced the battery 2 times (extra one on the charger), not using interenet, wi-fi or bluetooth, just getting phone calls. I'm afraid to even turn on the internet (as I have unlimited access) just cause the battery will be dead even sooner. I think the phone is done in about 45min of acutal talk time.

5.0 was ok, 6.0 was worse but, I could live with it, 6.1 is horrable, I've looked up every little hack and trick I can find but, nothing helps(even the backlight is down to the lowest setting).