PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2008, 11:19 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: xv6700

jchargu3 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 6.1 Battery Issue

its probably within the utilities and add ins you are choosing.

With moderate usage texting all day my phone battery lasts about 26-30 hours...

Now if I get a brazillion phone calls a day and that vibrator keeps going off, it lasts about 10 hours.
Old 03-22-2008, 04:51 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG V10, iPhone 6 and Nokia ICON
Carrier: Verizon

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT

Interesting find....for people with battery problems like I had....If you installed "Advanced Configuratuion" check that....Power settings in there, there was some power saving features that was "disabled", I enabled them and it really helped (going from 4 hours standby and about 45min talk time to 12 hours with 80% left, and talking on the phone for about a 1/2 hour through out the day).

I'll give it a real run in the next day or so but, so far, I am shocked in the difference, it's even better than 6.0 so far after adjusting this....but, this is only day 1 after the change.

Of course after I just spent $20 on 2 brand new extended life batteries....(waiting for them to come in)

Edit: after that change, I let the phone go with out charging it till it died. It lasted a little over 26 hours, in that time I spent about 2-3 hours on the phone, and used the internet for about a 1/2 hour to 45 min. This is with the standard battery, not the extened one (that came in today but, it's too big on the phone, only will use it if I need it)

Last edited by DavidinCT; 03-23-2008 at 01:28 AM. Reason: update
Old 03-22-2008, 08:11 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

pdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuff

I'm experiencing the same power issues as well.. btw thanks for the tip about advanced configuration, I went ahead and made those changes, hoping that helps things.

But for those of you having the poor battery life did you install the battery life/performance tweaks in the kitchen?
Old 03-23-2008, 08:21 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2

violentz313 is keeping up the good workviolentz313 is keeping up the good work

i installed battery life tweak and its horrible
Old 03-24-2008, 12:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

gregpilot is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdx77 View Post
But for those of you having the poor battery life did you install the battery life/performance tweaks in the kitchen?
I saw this in the new kitchen, can anyone state exactly what is changed vs. not including this OEM?

Thanks!!
Old 03-24-2008, 08:18 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid Eris

Gervy is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ga. Medic View Post
I would suggest for those with battery issues to install abcbattery meter from the kitchen and run it for a while. Post your results here when you post a question so that it can be determined where the drain is coming from. The program will run in the background so you can see how much usage from different functions like phone calls, internet, etc. Also note what the levels are when the phone is in standby. Also pay attention to the signal/data meter in the top bar. If you see that the data stream is connected often then you may want to check you email settings to see how often it access the net. I have not experienced the problems some of you have. If those with serious issues could also post selections text then maybe we can compare them and see if a particular program is causing a drain.
Done and done already. For me, the drain is internet connectivity is constant probably due to setting up Exchange push with activesync. However, unlike 6.0 or lower, 6.1 won't time the connection out. I think it's because there is a handshake issue with activesync. I've noticed that my Exchange account on my phone only works intermittently, and whenever I check the status is always "connecting" never "connected" or "synchronizing". SO the connection, is constantly trying a handshake and can't get out of an 'active' mode. I've noticed this 'locks' in that status even when manually hitting send/receive. Note: this is only for syncing with a server such as Exchange push. All of my pop3 accounts or gmail accounts sync just fine.

I hope this is enough detail for the guru's to start troubleshooting.

--------------
Verizon Droid Eris
Old 03-24-2008, 11:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

ChronoT52 is a n00b

When connected to the internet, my usage soars to near 500 mA and stays there. I recall in previous ROMs the only way I could get battery consumption to get that high was if I had the processor overclocked with XCpuScaler (which I have not used for a while.)

My average stays close to 300mA when I'm using the phone. I'm doing a full day test today to see if I can provide more accurate numbers again.

Last edited by ChronoT52; 03-24-2008 at 11:19 AM.
Old 03-25-2008, 11:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

ChronoT52 is a n00b

OK. Tested for a full day.

200 mA average.
Spike at 750 mA during a phone call.
Lowest at 50 mA while idle.

Phone calls take generally 350-450mA.
Browsing the internet roughly the same.
Normal programs demand about 100-150 mA (word processing etc.)

I have bluetooth turned on, no WiFi. Accept incoming connections is enabled under iR settings. If you need more information, I'm sure I can provide it.
Old 04-02-2008, 05:38 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG V10, iPhone 6 and Nokia ICON

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT

Well, I reflashed my phone and now the battery is just as bad as before. Does anyone have a config file for the kitchen that they are getting better battery life ?
Old 04-02-2008, 01:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: ppc6800 - bye bye ppc6700
Carrier: spcs

CopyCounsler is a n00b

A few notes on battery life I've learned in the past year:

1. xcpu and hackmaster and similar will drain your battery like a heater would drain your electricity.

2. internet connections going to idle will not affect battery life much.

3. using wm6.1 the dialer matters as to the internet connectivity
a. new touch dialer dated 3/8 will not let the connection idle
b. the older touch dialer WILL allow idle connections

4. advanced configuration does help battery life by enabling all power saving techniques.

5. the battery tweaks did not help me (from the kitchen)

6. setting a backlight timeout and power timeout of 1 minute improved battery life almost as much as turning off every unused radio

7. the brightness on the lcd being half way up does not affect battery life as much as one thinks (from one notch above off)...

Hope this sparks some controversy.

Copy

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development