PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2008, 12:41 PM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g
Carrier: Sprint

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident
Re: Apache WM6.1 Kitchen CE OS 5.2.19716 (Build 19716.1.0.0) - UPDATED 20080308

Quote:
Originally Posted by colonel View Post
Have you tried any of the other dialers? That may help narrow down the problem. The touch dual dialer was pulled from a GSM phone and is still "experimental".
I had the issue with the Touch Dual dialer and... shoot, I think it was the Colonel dlaler. Not sure.
Anyway, I reflashed late last night and then found out that the new version of Sprite Backup6.2 is crap. It didn't restore much of anything and half of what it did restore needed to be redone.
So I reflashed again using the BlueFrog dialer and have mostly finished reinstalling everything.

Last edited by Trident; 03-15-2008 at 02:18 PM.
Old 03-15-2008, 12:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6700
Carrier: Verizon

Kreigz is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to Kreigz

I know this is coming kinda late, but ...

I think the problem is traced to running the Kitchen on Vista. I had the same error message on my Vista Ultimate (SP1) box, but no problems at all on my Tablet XP (SP3) laptop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh2Death View Post
wow

kitchen\Apache_Helmi_WM6.1.rar

File create error

wow, no matter what i do. anyone have an idea whats the cause of this?
Old 03-15-2008, 01:14 PM
Ditch Doctor
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

GaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Well I have been gone for a few days so the 6.1 is brand new for me. Built a few ROMS before I found the one I wanted. I like it so far, especially the threaded SMS. I will be tinkering with it for a day or so to see how it runs. One thing I did notice is that on a fresh build with no programs running I only had 24MB of Program storage. I am running around 22MB after a reset. I had a problem running the kitchen to begin with. I couldn't get logged in. Gguruusa spent a lot of time just to fing out that my .net framework was not updated to 2.0 sp1. So that was my fault for not keeping my computer up to date. Thanks guru for your help, you are an asset to the Apache users on ppcgeeks. Thanks to all who wrked on this new project. I will hope to learn this new stuff so I can help answer all of these questions you guys are having thrown at you. Thanks again for you hard work.

Feel free to if choose to do so.
My ROM for Verizon, Sprint, Alltel, US Cellular and Cricket 20931 Base!!

The THANKS button is over there------------------------------------------------>
Old 03-15-2008, 01:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6700

CHUFLY29 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHUFLY29 View Post
I just re-flashed using the BlueFrog dialer and everything seems to be working correctly. I'll edit this post again after I've re-installed everything I have and use it for the day. Thanks for the help colonel.

Well that didn't take long to f' up. I installed MemMaid, deleted the startup item for VoiceCommand, then killed the EXE. I then tried changing my text message sound to a wav file and then that's when the issue re-occurred. Is it possible that there's some registry key that get's overwritten when I'm doing this? maybe the path's to the sounds have been nixed?
Old 03-15-2008, 01:51 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Harrier, HTC Apache, HTC Titan, HTC Vogue....

colonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuff

k, I have my apache up and going. I have the Touch Dual on there and see the problem. However, I can select the "standard" ringers such as Ring_WindowsMobile .wma. And, it does ring when called. If possible later on this afternoon, I would like some of you that are having this ringer issue to join the #ppckitchen chat room so we can try some stuff.

Edit: Actually, I can use a ringer our of \Windows\Rings too. The only thing I cannot use is a ringer from \Windows because the registry is not set up correctly.

If you have been helped by me or would like to support developers like Olipro, helmi_c, and others please feel free to Donate

ALWAYS FLASH BACK TO YOUR CARRIER'S OFFICIAL ROM BEFORE TAKING YOUR PHONE IN FOR SERVICE OF ANY KIND

Last edited by colonel; 03-15-2008 at 02:10 PM.
Old 03-15-2008, 02:17 PM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident

Quote:
k, I have my apache up and going. I have the Touch Dual on there and see the problem. However, I can select the "standard" ringers such as Ring_WindowsMobile .wma. And, it does ring when called. If possible later on this afternoon, I would like some of you that are having this ringer issue to join the #ppckitchen chat room so we can try some stuff.

Edit: Actually, I can use a ringer our of \Windows\Rings too. The only thing I cannot use is a ringer from \Windows because the registry is not set up correctly.
That sounds right. All of my rings are in \Windows.
Old 03-15-2008, 03:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

gregpilot is a n00b
Re: Task Manager for Apache WM6.1 Kitchen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ?GotJazz? View Post
I can't find the "Running Programs" tab under "Memory" anymore.
Same here whether the page is selected from Start..settings..system..memory or called from another program (magic button).

I noticed an OEM in the new kitchen called "running programs link" under "Task Managers", but I don't think this is the same.

EDIT 03/15: I think this is by design. In the start menu..settings, system tab, there is a rudimentary task manager which performs the same functions as the "running programs" tab on wm6.0. And looking at the very first post here, the pic of the "memory" page is also missing the tab.

Anyone else have this issue?

Also, HTC audio manager does not load. An error msg pops up complaining about "one ofits components can't be found" or it is not "signed with a trusted certificate".

The 6.0 kitchen did not have this issue.

If it is a hassle to fix, I just might re-flash without it. Mort and GS player are better, anyway.

Thanks again to the team!

Last edited by gregpilot; 03-15-2008 at 11:56 PM.
Old 03-15-2008, 04:21 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

imnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreigz View Post
I know this is coming kinda late, but ...

I think the problem is traced to running the Kitchen on Vista. I had the same error message on my Vista Ultimate (SP1) box, but no problems at all on my Tablet XP (SP3) laptop.
Run the kitchen program as administrator and that problem should go away.
Old 03-15-2008, 04:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 T7381
Carrier: 2degrees

mastersm is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by gguruusa View Post
Try, try again. If you continue to have trouble, post again and I'll try to find a workaround for you.
Hi GGuru, fantastic job an early xmas. I have just checked with updater and it says all is up to date. When I checked against your numbers, my Apache_Helmi_WM6.1 is 30,342,329. All others were ok.
Old 03-15-2008, 04:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 T7381
Carrier: 2degrees

mastersm is a n00b

Quote:
Have you tried any of the other dialers? That may help narrow down the problem. The touch dual dialer was pulled from a GSM phone and is still "experimental".
Is there a preferred/best dialler option? Also what's the easiest way to change diallers without rebuidling the phone?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development