PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2008, 02:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

tjarnold is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to tjarnold
Re: Apache WM6.1 Kitchen CE OS 5.2.19716 (Build 19716.1.0.0) - UPDATED 20080308

Quote:
Originally Posted by gguruusa View Post
This BuildOS only requires you to select it at the top. The carrier modules you used to select in the list are no longer visible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregpilot View Post
Tjarnold:

How did you get the carrier customizations visible?

Did you figure out why you needed to do this, eg why the carrier info
did not get into the rom?

An edit to config.txt?

Thanks!
I have no idea WHY it was not working.

As for how I did it, I had to open up the Apache_Helmi_WM6.1.rar file and edit the option.xml file for Sprint. I deleted the carriermodulename field completely.

I know I had this problem back when I first started using the WM6 kitchen and had to select in both the dropdown menu, and in the modules list, otherwise it would not include the carrier customizations.
Smartphone History - Treo700wx(1) -> Apache(4) -> Titan(3) -> TP2(4) -> EVO(1)
Old 03-12-2008, 03:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Before I made the change it was NOT including the carrier customizations. After I made the change the carrier customizations are now included and working. I honestly dont know why it was not working until I made the change.
Old 03-12-2008, 03:12 AM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjarnold View Post
I have no idea WHY it was not working.

As for how I did it, I had to open up the Apache_Helmi_WM6.1.rar file and edit the option.xml file for Sprint. I deleted the carriermodulename field completely.

I know I had this problem back when I first started using the WM6 kitchen and had to select in both the dropdown menu, and in the modules list, otherwise it would not include the carrier customizations.
Please don't do that. You're lucky your kitchen still builds a useable rom. How do you know it wasn't including them? Which carrier?
Old 03-12-2008, 03:13 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

eh-ef-kay is a n00b

ok i figured out the old problem it was due to not runing as admin now i have a diffent problem. i keep gettin that good ol country code error. any ideas anyone?
Old 03-12-2008, 03:14 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Please don't do that. You're lucky your kitchen still builds a useable rom. Are you sure it wasn't including them? Which carrier?
It was the sprint carrier that I was using.
Old 03-12-2008, 03:15 AM
Deep Thinker

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by eh-ef-kay View Post
gguruusa thats going to be an issue i'm Tipicaly a linux user i only use windows to flash this phone/update it how do i obtain my selections is it in a cirten folder seeing as i can't just open the project and upload to my webspace.
It's the project file you clicked on when buildos started.
Old 03-12-2008, 03:16 AM
Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by eh-ef-kay View Post
ok i figured out the old problem it was due to not runing as admin now i have a diffent problem. i keep gettin that good ol country code error. any ideas anyone?
Use noid ruu
Old 03-12-2008, 03:23 AM
Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjarnold View Post
It was the sprint carrier that I was using.
How do you know it wasn't included?

I just watched a Sprint build and the OEM included as it should have.
Old 03-12-2008, 03:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
How do you know it wasn't included?

I just watched a Sprint build and the OEM included as it should have.
The internet stuff was not set up and the #codes were not working. All that stuff now works for me. I'm getting ready to reflash my phone within the next hour with some other mods and I will try again with the original settings. I will let you know if it works or has the problem again.
Old 03-12-2008, 03:36 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

eh-ef-kay is a n00b

still nothing says its gonna update never does. screen never goes to "serial/usb" any ideas?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development