PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2007, 12:46 AM
Ditch Doctor
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

GaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
My selections.

Here are my selections robert. Maybe you can try them and see if it works for you. As you can see I have a lot stuffed on it.
Attached Files
File Type: txt 121707.txt (5.6 KB, 21 views) Click for barcode!

Feel free to if choose to do so.
My ROM for Verizon, Sprint, Alltel, US Cellular and Cricket 20931 Base!!

The THANKS button is over there------------------------------------------------>
Old 12-20-2007, 09:25 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

zenak is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertMills View Post
Hmm...after stripping down the ROM, I occasionally get a better average mA, sometimes down to 115, but never anything better. Is it possible for my battery to be losing efficiency after about 6 months? I purchased my phone from Verizon in June 07.
I doubt a worn battery would show up as extra draw, it would just die quicker.
Old 12-20-2007, 07:27 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: XV6700
Carrier: Verizon

dancadman is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to dancadman Send a message via Yahoo to dancadman
I'm using the latest WM6 kitchen, the big battery by SEIDIO and recently added a Jawbone BT headset. I am happy to say that my battery life is great! On Today I use LVM Time (Courtesy of Jbabey), WeatherPanel, SPB Diary, and SPB PhoneSuite. I am also using S2U and I have the unlimited data plan so I let my phone connect when it needs to. I only check my email through the web. I don't even use the built-in outlook anymore. I am also using the HTC Performance set to auto adjust and the 520MHZ setting. My phone has also not locked up since I installed this setup. WP, SPBD and SPBPS are all installed from cabs. Not enough room in the ROM. If anyone is interested, I can upload the txt file from my ROM build.
Old 12-21-2007, 11:48 AM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Carrier: Sprint

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
This thread perked my curiosity, so I installed abc power meter to check mine. I have Outlook & 5 pop accounts that check for email every hr (used to be 30min), plus I have HTC Home running & also QuickMenu.

I disabled HTC Home, then ran abc power for 30min.....had an average of 52mA

With HTC Home running, and abc power for 30min......had a average of 66mA, but it had a spike of 450mA when all my email accounts checked for email....which brought the average up.

So I don't think HTC Home is the culprit. All testing had the backlight off after 30sec. I have a 2800mAh battery, but it's usually down to 20-30% by end of day, and it's about 18 months old, so it's probably nearing it end of life.
Old 12-21-2007, 12:16 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro2

nico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Wink battery life is short with WM6 kitchen

My battery life is very short also with the new Kitchen wm6, i barely get one day of battery.

I thought it was my battery going bad, but i purchased another true OEM battery and it is the same story with the new battery too.
The battery life is the same with HTC Performance ON or OFF at 520Mhz.

There has to be an application in the background causing this, i'm sure, just have not been able to find it...Hope someone finds a solution for this too.
Old 12-21-2007, 06:58 PM
Indigenous Nudist
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Torx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIP
does keeping the phone on charge overnight degrade the battery?
ive always put my phone on the charge before i goto bed even when its fully charged..
is this bad??
Old 12-21-2007, 09:35 PM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torx View Post
does keeping the phone on charge overnight degrade the battery?
ive always put my phone on the charge before i goto bed even when its fully charged..
is this bad??
Depends on how smart your charger (or the phone) is. Generally, charging when a charge isn't needed is bad. Most LiION and NmH charging systems monitor charge rate so as not to "overcharge". Overcharging for extended periods will kill your battery very rapidly.

Given that I leave my phone on the charger all the time and I'm still on my original battery after 1.5 yrs, I'm guessing our phones have a little charging "smarts" built into them. Not suprising.
Old 12-22-2007, 01:13 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

spetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by gguruusa View Post
Depends on how smart your charger (or the phone) is. Generally, charging when a charge isn't needed is bad. Most LiION and NmH charging systems monitor charge rate so as not to "overcharge". Overcharging for extended periods will kill your battery very rapidly.

Given that I leave my phone on the charger all the time and I'm still on my original battery after 1.5 yrs, I'm guessing our phones have a little charging "smarts" built into them. Not suprising.
Have you noticed that when you have your phone on charge, and the green light comes on, the charger stops charging and the battery indicator comes back. So yes we do have some smarts built into them.

Steve

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development