PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2007, 05:54 PM
Ditch Doctor
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

GaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I did some testing thinking that maybe ou had your backlight set at full strength but even at the highest setting mine runs an average of 102-104 ma. I use the 4th small tick mark on the brightness setting and mine runs 80-82ma average. So I was probaly wrong to think it was a backlight issue but did find that for every tick you move toward dim you save 2-3ma. just food for thought.

Feel free to if choose to do so.
My ROM for Verizon, Sprint, Alltel, US Cellular and Cricket 20931 Base!!

The THANKS button is over there------------------------------------------------>
Old 12-18-2007, 05:58 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Apache 6700
Threadstarter

RobertMills is a n00b
Just rebuilt my ROM and removed quite a few features, I will post my new selections text. Average over 10 minutes of idle has dropped to 115 mA.

Another question, are you running HTC Task Manager? It's the only other thing that I could think of thats always running in the background that could be draining battery.
Attached Files
File Type: txt UpdatedSelections.txt (3.5 KB, 3 views) Click for barcode!
Old 12-18-2007, 06:24 PM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertMills View Post
Just rebuilt my ROM and removed quite a few features, I will post my new selections text. Average over 10 minutes of idle has dropped to 115 mA.

Another question, are you running HTC Task Manager? It's the only other thing that I could think of thats always running in the background that could be draining battery.
there's your problem:
Code:
ed461ae9-a258-431e-a0e6-a7f27bb9e8dd, True, Verizon
Just kidding!

it's probably one of these:
Code:
c74f5e84-905b-470b-910b-79cf3a467cc8, True, HTC Home
7f71a4dc-8131-4a0a-ae36-2872cbf5cd87, True, HTC Performance
remove those, disable your WIFI, data, and BT connections via the comm manager, and see what your power draw is.
Old 12-19-2007, 04:51 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Titan
Carrier: Sprint

dalsik is a n00b
How can I tell what programs are running in background?

I've recently upgraded to Helmi's WM6 ROM and have noticed and INCREDIBLE drop in battery power. I built my ROM with one of the Adobe Flash plugins, the HTC Home plugin, vibrating keypad, the new HTC "X" (close) feature.

Is there a way to disable this items without rebuilding the ROM?

I also installed a "performance" program which allows me to overclock my PPC 6700. There was another thread where people said to check the box that allowed that program to run in the background. I did do that but still have this battery issue. If I don't keep my phone plugged in, I'll get maybe a half-day or less on the battery.
Old 12-19-2007, 09:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

zenak is a n00b
I'm happy to report that a new battery has solved my issue completely. Good luck to the rest of you!
Old 12-19-2007, 03:27 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

sph33r is a n00b
I've noticed a significant drop in battery life since the last kitchen. The general consensus was that my battery was nearing the end of it's life and that the drop just happened to coincide with my rom flashing. I've got a new battery on its way so I'll see if that fixes it. I notice a few people pointing fingers at HTC Home.. I hope that's not true, I love that feature.
Old 12-19-2007, 05:19 PM
Deep Thinker

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
It's true that a new battery can affect power draw (remember V=IR? battery voltage declines over time, so additional current is used to get the needed "power"), but it should only be about a 15% difference between new (min draw) and old (max draw).
Old 12-19-2007, 07:15 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Apache 6700
Threadstarter

RobertMills is a n00b
Hmm...after stripping down the ROM, I occasionally get a better average mA, sometimes down to 115, but never anything better. Is it possible for my battery to be losing efficiency after about 6 months? I purchased my phone from Verizon in June 07.
Old 12-19-2007, 10:01 PM
Deep Thinker

Of course, but it's very unlikely. It's more likely that you have some feature enabled that's causing the extra power draw.
Old 12-20-2007, 12:11 AM
Ditch Doctor
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

GaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Try it without Htc X program. Use wm task instead. Also don't install any of the Flash programs. See what happens.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development