PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2007, 10:11 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro - Conflipper ROM
Carrier: Alltel

sagamoredad is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Unhappy Time Resets on Soft Reset

First thanks to all, this kitchen is awesome !!!!!

Sorry if this is in the wrong post but I figured the really smart people on this thread would know the answers or where to look. Also sorry if this rambles but I have been having this problem on and off for about six months and haven't seen it addressed elsewhere. When searching I saw some "time reset" threads for AKU 3.3 ( I think ) but the old links to these threads are no longer valid.

First some basic questions:

1. Should the Alltel PPC6700 retain the last time and date on a soft-reset without synching to the cellular network?

2. If yes, is there a registry entry that enables and disables this function?

3. How often does the time sync on the network and is the interval settable in the registry? ( I'm concerned that synching might beat the battery - IDK )

I have struggled with this through AKU 3.5 then Verizon Guys' WM6 kitchens seemed to fix it. The earlier version of Helmi WM6 were OK but now in the most recent release on 11-18 it is seems to be broken once again.

The symptons are whenever I do a soft-reset the time reverts to 2/1/2006 - 12:00 PM. The GMT of -5 is always there.

I am not sure what I did to kill this function but now no matter how I cook the ROM it does not work. With time sync from the network enabled it syncs in 5-10 minutes. Without time synch enabled it never sets the clock to the correct time.

One major change to my PC was that I updated from Activesync 4.5 Beta to the current 4.5 off of the MS site. It seemed to get broken around that time but I'm not sure.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development