PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2007, 12:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Apache
Carrier: Verizon (prepaid!!!)

archangel1982 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Kitchen Install Error

K im very sorry if i am posting this is the wrong location, i have done some searching in the forums and cant find a mention of this issue..... and i want to make it aware and see if there was any solution.... heres my PC specs 1st off..... XP Ultimate 32 Bit 2.8 Pent D 3GB DDR2 installing on a 80 GB SATA with 10 GB of space... I have . net 3.0 installed ( have tryed uninstalling it as well to default to 2.0 with out avail) i have attached a shot of the error .....

I must send my praises to all of the PPC GEEKS team with out you and your WM6 magic i would have tossed this phone out a window long ago.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg error durring install2.jpg (47.7 KB, 21 views) Click for barcode!

1 Phillips Nino 500 Windows CE Mobile
( 10 years ago lol)
HP Ipaq
treo 600
treo 650
treo 700w
Current XV6700

Last edited by archangel1982; 11-14-2007 at 03:29 AM.
Old 11-14-2007, 01:24 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apache (PPC6700); Titan (Mogul)
Carrier: Sprint

luv2chill is keeping up the good workluv2chill is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to luv2chill Send a message via AIM to luv2chill Send a message via MSN to luv2chill Send a message via Yahoo to luv2chill Send a message via Skype™ to luv2chill
Unfortunately you resized your screenshot down too far--the error message is unreadable. Please post the full-size version.
Old 11-14-2007, 03:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

archangel1982 is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2chill View Post
Unfortunately you resized your screenshot down too far--the error message is unreadable. Please post the full-size version.
K sorry about that resized that now shouldnt have a problem ....also i tryed the installer package on my xp box with out any issues .... build a rom ....2 quick ?s if i may 1 where can i find the walk though refrenced in the info txt about adding our own OEMs and after the ROM is built where ist it located ...i know that is probly a stupid ? but i cant seem to find it ... thanks for your help....

ARCH
Old 11-14-2007, 10:10 AM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Quote:
Originally Posted by archangel1982 View Post
K sorry about that resized that now shouldnt have a problem ....also i tryed the installer package on my xp box with out any issues .... build a rom ....2 quick ?s if i may 1 where can i find the walk though refrenced in the info txt about adding our own OEMs and after the ROM is built where ist it located ...i know that is probly a stupid ? but i cant seem to find it ... thanks for your help....

ARCH
That's an interesting error message. Might I ask what priviledges you account has? (or doesn't have)

fortunately, you can do by hand what it was trying to do...copy the .lnk files in c:\buildos to you desktop. Use the shortcut you just pasted to your desktop to start the kitchen.

After a ROM is built, the nk.nbf file is in c:\buildos\upgrade\{your RUU tool selected in the kitchen}. If you haven't built a ROM successfully, there won't be one there.
Old 11-14-2007, 12:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

archangel1982 is a n00b
k i will try to do it manualy ...i have full admin privs. im trying to reinstall my Vista box right now and see if it was because of some corruption. i will update later today.. thanks!!
Old 11-14-2007, 08:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

archangel1982 is a n00b
did a reinstall and all is fine now with installation now its time to BUILD!!!!! also wanted to know if there is a new walkthought for how to add new OEM to the package or can i use the old HOW TO with this kitchen as well?

Wow im nuttin but problems install went fine now durring build when it gets to the point of "building Rom" i get error "This applicatoin has failed to start becase MSVCR71.dll was not found. Re-Installing the application may fix this problem"

Tryed reinstalling useing administrative privlidges to no avail with the same error...... i sware im about to go back to xp just to use this on my main box lol

k im trying to figure it out myself ......i tryed to manualy register the dll file but i get a error that the module was loaded but the entry point DLLRegisterServer was not found ... make sure that the dll is a valid dll or ocx file and then try again.

K i copyed the same dll from my xp box that it works on any registered it on my vista pc still getting the same error ....

not sure what else to try .... maybe re DL package and try... any advice would help

thanks

Last edited by archangel1982; 11-14-2007 at 08:48 PM.
Old 11-16-2007, 05:07 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800 Titan (on Sprint) / PPC6700 (Sprint) Apache / Sprint Touch
Carrier: Sprint

tiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to tiermann Send a message via Yahoo to tiermann
I made up a quick reg file with the entries that weren't making it into builds for power saving. If you're having issues with battery drain, please try importing this registry file and see how it goes. The next kitchen release will have it properly included.

Thanks to luv2chill for finding the error in the rgu.
Attached Files
File Type: zip powerSaving.zip (356 Bytes, 81 views) Click for barcode!
Old 11-16-2007, 02:24 PM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Quote:
Originally Posted by archangel1982 View Post
did a reinstall and all is fine now with installation now its time to BUILD!!!!! also wanted to know if there is a new walkthought for how to add new OEM to the package or can i use the old HOW TO with this kitchen as well?

Wow im nuttin but problems install went fine now durring build when it gets to the point of "building Rom" i get error "This applicatoin has failed to start becase MSVCR71.dll was not found. Re-Installing the application may fix this problem"

Tryed reinstalling useing administrative privlidges to no avail with the same error...... i sware im about to go back to xp just to use this on my main box lol

k im trying to figure it out myself ......i tryed to manualy register the dll file but i get a error that the module was loaded but the entry point DLLRegisterServer was not found ... make sure that the dll is a valid dll or ocx file and then try again.

K i copyed the same dll from my xp box that it works on any registered it on my vista pc still getting the same error ....

not sure what else to try .... maybe re DL package and try... any advice would help

thanks
the file is located in the tools folder...all you need to do is copy it to windows\system32.
Old 11-17-2007, 01:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

archangel1982 is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by gguruusa View Post
the file is located in the tools folder...all you need to do is copy it to windows\system32.
its already in there ....maybe it was copyed in there and corrupted?? i tryed to copy the one in tools over it and it says the one in win32 is in use.... tryed to unregister it and get the same error about make sure it is a dll .....
AHHH lol ...ill keep trying for anyone who has any ideas and let you know if i come up with anything else

Last edited by archangel1982; 11-17-2007 at 01:10 AM.
Old 11-17-2007, 01:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

archangel1982 is a n00b
WAHOOO k i got i was able to wipe the dll with a shreadder program and put the one off my xp box in my vista sys 32 dir and just got finished building a rom.... thank you for all of your help with this guys and as allways praise to helmi and and the ppcgeeks build team ..... now im gonna work on getting my personal oems in the kitchen .....

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development