PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2007, 07:18 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800 Titan (on Sprint) / PPC6700 (Sprint) Apache / Sprint Touch
Carrier: Sprint

tiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to tiermann Send a message via Yahoo to tiermann
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdx77 View Post
Awesome Thanks for that, was this based off of the .cab files from XDA?
You're welcome. And this was based off the original office oem(s) from the kitchen SYS. I split up all rgus and provxml's manually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ga. Medic View Post
What is the hidden office requirements folder and does it go into oem folder as well?
Hidden Office Requirements is exactly that. It goes in user_oem with the rest of the folders. It is a hidden oem (doesn't show as a choice in buildOS) that only gets installed (automatically as a requirement) if you choose one of the office apps. It contains all files that the three of them share.

Last edited by tiermann; 11-08-2007 at 07:20 PM.
Old 11-08-2007, 08:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

Kolano is becoming a great contributor
Is the ActiveSyncMode app / configuration settings mentioned here relevant to the current kitchen?
Old 11-08-2007, 08:16 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apache (PPC6700); Titan (Mogul)
Carrier: Sprint

luv2chill is keeping up the good workluv2chill is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to luv2chill Send a message via AIM to luv2chill Send a message via MSN to luv2chill Send a message via Yahoo to luv2chill Send a message via Skype™ to luv2chill
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolano View Post
Is the ActiveSyncMode app / configuration settings mentioned here relevant to the current kitchen?
Possibly. But I suggest people just make it a habit of putting their phone in bootloader mode before connecting it to the PC to flash--saves having to toggle the mode (if that's even related to the problem) and gives you your best chance of having it "just work".
Old 11-08-2007, 08:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

verizonguy is becoming a great contributor
Quote:
Thanks... have changed it and it is definately faster.

FYI ...

SDMemory Class > Block Transfer was set to 16
MMC > Block Transfer was set to 64
nope if you are seeing 64 and 16 it means you are viewing the numbers in decimal and not hexidecimal. if you saw 16 and 64 change them both to 32.

We're trialing different settings here based on card, size, type and format and it will take some trial and error. that value can be 16 to 512 in decimal. the higher the value the larger the transfer. in your case with a smaller card non sdhc the 32 or 0x20 is probably better for you. you can experiment with the values of 32 and 64 both and report back. try to keep them the same
Old 11-08-2007, 09:13 PM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Some cleanup questions for the gang:

XTC X Button 2.0 OEM has a 1.4mb file "TaskManagerApp.idb" - does it need it? I don't think so since its not in the cab file itself
MobileCalculator.exe (.5MB) is in core, no way to exclude it even if you are using 1-cacl lite

Also, if I am using the Patch dir to replace some files with 0-length files, does that override happen at a point where the file size savings is going to keep me from getting an out of memory error?
Old 11-08-2007, 09:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6700

KidGixxer is keeping up the good workKidGixxer is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by schettj View Post
Some cleanup questions for the gang:

XTC X Button 2.0 OEM has a 1.4mb file "TaskManagerApp.idb" - does it need it? I don't think so since its not in the cab file itself
I took it out.
Old 11-08-2007, 09:23 PM
morsus mihi

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Also, during the build I see:

Setting PagePool=8
PagePool address=50B4FE

But if I pull up the Tools->Page Pool it has "Current Page Pool: 7
New Page Pool: 8

I changed the 8 to 7 and re-built, and during that build....

Setting PagePool=7

So, the GUI is still a little confused

No idea if I want a rom with a page pool of 7 or not, btw...
Old 11-08-2007, 09:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

Schwartz is halfway to VIP status based on repSchwartz is halfway to VIP status based on repSchwartz is halfway to VIP status based on repSchwartz is halfway to VIP status based on repSchwartz is halfway to VIP status based on repSchwartz is halfway to VIP status based on repSchwartz is halfway to VIP status based on repSchwartz is halfway to VIP status based on repSchwartz is halfway to VIP status based on repSchwartz is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Why Is Button 3 Not Mapped To The Camera. Dont know if this is a bug or not but it should be mapped to this. Can someone please fix this?? Thank you.....Great Work BTW.
Old 11-08-2007, 09:27 PM
morsus mihi

I thought they fixed that in this version (we are 2 revs from the first release, have you re-downloaded the kitchen?)
Old 11-08-2007, 09:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Threadstarter

Kolano is becoming a great contributor
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2chill View Post
Possibly. But I suggest people just make it a habit of putting their phone in bootloader mode before connecting it to the PC to flash--saves having to toggle the mode (if that's even related to the problem) and gives you your best chance of having it "just work".
It's supposedly resolves Activesync errors that sometime occur when you connect your phone via USB. I know I had that issue with past kitchens, though I haven't noticed it with the current kitchen yet. Not sure if others have seen the issue on the new kitchen or not.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development