PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2007, 09:39 AM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Ok, noticed this while trying to set an alarm and set my default ringer...

Kitchen 1.0.4/AKU3.5 had ~60 different ringers and sounds in .wav format
WM6 kitchen (including the Apache_Helmi_WM6.rar, and all "optional" sound OEMs) has less then 25.

Missing in action include: Alarm 1,3,4 - Ringer and some others.

I can get a complete list if anyone cares.
Old 11-07-2007, 10:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro and Apache
Carrier: China Telecom

mellon is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
i have trouble with the HTC Camera. the camera starts slowly with a dark screen on for nearly 5 seconds, even if i have changed the registry value from 10 to 1. and also when i press the key to shoot, the photo i get is usually not the one i want.(what i get is what happens 2 seconds later).
and another problem is the slidesound. it worked only for the first time.
Old 11-07-2007, 11:36 AM
morsus mihi

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by schettj View Post
Ok, noticed this while trying to set an alarm and set my default ringer...
Ah - had a chance to check this out a wee bit more.
Several of the .wav files are now .wma files - that's good, unless the app you're using only works with .wav files. Still seem to be some ringers missing - specifically the ringer I used to use in aku3.5/1.0.4 kitchen. Will dig around some more...
Old 11-07-2007, 11:51 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

aamon17 knows their stuffaamon17 knows their stuffaamon17 knows their stuffaamon17 knows their stuffaamon17 knows their stuffaamon17 knows their stuff
Send a message via Yahoo to aamon17
Great release!!! Thanks to Helmi & all involved! I flashed my phone with 3 different configs so far to see which one I like. No problems whatsoever. . . . With that, i don't know if the following is a bug or intentional.

Scenario: I go to SETTINGS - BUTTONS or SETTINGS - OWNER INFO and make changes. Whether I tap the screen OK button or the hardware OK button, I am taken out to the PHONE app screen instead of SETTINGS or the TODAY screen.

Any thoughts on why the PHONE app comes up?
---- Former Verizon XV6700
Old 11-07-2007, 12:13 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apache (PPC6700); Titan (Mogul)
Carrier: Sprint

luv2chill is keeping up the good workluv2chill is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to luv2chill Send a message via AIM to luv2chill Send a message via MSN to luv2chill Send a message via Yahoo to luv2chill Send a message via Skype™ to luv2chill
Quote:
Originally Posted by schettj View Post
Ah - had a chance to check this out a wee bit more.
Several of the .wav files are now .wma files - that's good, unless the app you're using only works with .wav files. Still seem to be some ringers missing - specifically the ringer I used to use in aku3.5/1.0.4 kitchen. Will dig around some more...
That was Microsoft's change--nothing we did. Should be fairly trivial to pull those sounds from the WM5 kitchen if you want 'em.
Old 11-07-2007, 12:15 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apache (PPC6700); Titan (Mogul)
Carrier: Sprint

luv2chill is keeping up the good workluv2chill is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to luv2chill Send a message via AIM to luv2chill Send a message via MSN to luv2chill Send a message via Yahoo to luv2chill Send a message via Skype™ to luv2chill
Quote:
Originally Posted by aamon17 View Post
Great release!!! Thanks to Helmi & all involved! I flashed my phone with 3 different configs so far to see which one I like. No problems whatsoever. . . . With that, i don't know if the following is a bug or intentional.

Scenario: I go to SETTINGS - BUTTONS or SETTINGS - OWNER INFO and make changes. Whether I tap the screen OK button or the hardware OK button, I am taken out to the PHONE app screen instead of SETTINGS or the TODAY screen.

Any thoughts on why the PHONE app comes up?
I believe that's been narrowed down to a side effect of the HTC Vogue dialer. You might consider building a ROM with the Touch dialer, which won't have that problem and looks more or less the same.
Old 11-07-2007, 12:21 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Whitestone

w0rdie is becoming a PPCGeeks regularw0rdie is becoming a PPCGeeks regularw0rdie is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
When using the Phonepad SIP where are the custom word entries stored, if I wanted to back it up or edit it manually? Thanks in advance.
Old 11-07-2007, 12:38 PM
morsus mihi

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2chill View Post
That was Microsoft's change--nothing we did. Should be fairly trivial to pull those sounds from the WM5 kitchen if you want 'em.
Yep... pesky day job will prevent me from gathering them up until tomorrow, but I'll find em all and dump em somewhere on the ftp so people can get em.
Old 11-07-2007, 01:36 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus

imnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIP
I'm on Vista x64, and after the new ROM builds, the RUU can't find my phone (Error 101). However, if I launch the RUU from the upgrade folder, it can find my phone. I think it has something to do with privileges on the system, as I get an admin prompt when launching it myself, but not when through BuildOS. I also set the properties of the standard RUU to be run as administrator for all users, but that setting is being ignored apparently.
Old 11-07-2007, 01:53 PM
Ditch Doctor
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

GaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
This new build seems faster. Great work. Still playing so if I find any questions I will post. The OEMizer works great for pop email settings now, except when you have different smtp for outgoing mail. If you incoming and outgoing are the same carrier then it is great. The ringtones in the additional ringtone folders don't work. Probably due to the change to WMA you guys just mentioned.

Feel free to if choose to do so.
My ROM for Verizon, Sprint, Alltel, US Cellular and Cricket 20931 Base!!

The THANKS button is over there------------------------------------------------>

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development