PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2007, 04:58 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Omnia i900
Carrier: Verizon

csutton7 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by csutton7
On my sixth flash, i've almost got it where i want it. But somehow my infrared port appears to be missing. In the CommManager there is a blank spot on the lower right corner. Not sure if it was gone immediately after the last flash or not. Anybody know of an easy way to resurrect the IR port?
Thanks in advance.

which com manager are you using 10 button or 8 button? does it show an image at all? where the ir beam is suppose to be?
Also should ask this in the bug/patch thread.

oops, sorry, i think i'm in the right place now.
I'm using the 10 button comm manager. It has a blue square where it used to have the icon with the word "Beam" underneath. But now it's just an empty square. All of the other buttons seem to work, pressing the blank button does nothing. Not a big deal, but when i run Novii Remote it acts like i have beam disabled (ir port in use or not properly configured). Without Novii i'm having to watch CNN at my favorite bar
Old 11-09-2007, 11:15 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Omnia i900

csutton7 is a n00b
An update to my missing Beam icon in the Comm Manager:
After a hard reset, beam came back. After putting the applications back that weren't cooked into the ROM (only 3 Isilo,Novii Remote,and Smartskey) I forgot to bake in Smartskey. Everything was well. Worked for 1 day. That evening after learning another remote in Novii, i charged the phone overnight. When i woke up the next morning the Beam icon was gone. And Novii wouldn't work again.

Not sure if it's related, but there is a file in the root directory called TMX.txt when you open it up it says "Init module fail." The time on the file was 11:55 the previous night, after i had put it on charge.

Also of note, there is a PIM backup scheduled for 12:00AM

I'm attaching my ROM text file. Hopefully some of the guru's here can come up with a simple fix.

As always, thanks for all the help so far. We all apreciate the hard work that went into this project.
Attached Files
File Type: txt My_Sixth_ROM_with_MSVC_ROMunlock.txt (3.7 KB, 4 views) Click for barcode!
Old 11-09-2007, 11:51 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC-6700

dabell is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69L46 View Post
LOL - this software is completely useless. Installed it and registered it and all it does is say that it can't create an outlook object, make sure outlook is installed. There's absolutely no support, but their bug-reporting page returns an error (could nto log in) when you try to submit a bug. I guess they got too many people submitting bugs.
Odd. It has worked form me on multiple machines, multiple installations. Here is another duplicates remover, just didn't like it as much. Also free- prayerware. http://odr.ipriest.org.uk/
Old 11-10-2007, 06:49 AM
Lurker

ghostnguyen is a n00b
Hi

I got the prob:

Making ROM
Searching for IMGFS start...
Found at 00640000
Fixing
Done

Cleaning up

Renaming for ROM Packaging

Setting PagePool=8
PagePool address=50B4FE
Copying extra files

Encoding

nk.nbf not found
Old 11-10-2007, 11:02 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apache (PPC6700); Titan (Mogul)
Carrier: Sprint

luv2chill is keeping up the good workluv2chill is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to luv2chill Send a message via AIM to luv2chill Send a message via MSN to luv2chill Send a message via Yahoo to luv2chill Send a message via Skype™ to luv2chill
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostnguyen View Post
Hi

I got the prob:

Making ROM
Searching for IMGFS start...
Found at 00640000
Fixing
Done

Cleaning up

Renaming for ROM Packaging

Setting PagePool=8
PagePool address=50B4FE
Copying extra files

Encoding

nk.nbf not found
You picked your prj file from the wrong folder. Build again, but after you hit "Encode" (at the prj file selection screen) back all the way out to the C: drive and then go in to c:\buildos\tools (or wherever you extracted the new kitchen.
Old 11-11-2007, 06:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6700

KidGixxer is keeping up the good workKidGixxer is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by csutton7 View Post
An update to my missing Beam icon in the Comm Manager:
After a hard reset, beam came back. After putting the applications back that weren't cooked into the ROM (only 3 Isilo,Novii Remote,and Smartskey) I forgot to bake in Smartskey. Everything was well. Worked for 1 day. That evening after learning another remote in Novii, i charged the phone overnight. When i woke up the next morning the Beam icon was gone. And Novii wouldn't work again.

Not sure if it's related, but there is a file in the root directory called TMX.txt when you open it up it says "Init module fail." The time on the file was 11:55 the previous night, after i had put it on charge.

Also of note, there is a PIM backup scheduled for 12:00AM

I'm attaching my ROM text file. Hopefully some of the guru's here can come up with a simple fix.

As always, thanks for all the help so far. We all apreciate the hard work that went into this project.
I can confirm this error. (I just noticed the ir beam missing for me too.) Ill go through your txt file and compare to what i am using. and and see what is causing this. Unless the kitchen team already figured it out. (That will save me alot of testing and flashing)
Old 11-11-2007, 06:57 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apache (PPC6700); Titan (Mogul)

luv2chill is keeping up the good workluv2chill is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to luv2chill Send a message via AIM to luv2chill Send a message via MSN to luv2chill Send a message via Yahoo to luv2chill Send a message via Skype™ to luv2chill
I would hold off on spending too much time on IR-related stuff. The next version of the kitchen reverts an IR-related driver to the version from WM5 AKU 3.3. Turns out the one helmi used in this kitchen came from a Universal--which is similar under the hood to the Apache (so a lot of its WM6-era drivers do work for us). But as it turns out, for IR the irsir.dll driver only partially works.

We will most likely have another kitchen release in a day or so.
Old 11-13-2007, 09:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 4

daveedem is just getting started
Anyone having any issues with the PocketCM? I thought it was working ok until today when I went to look up a contact and my contacts weren't there.

Getting the message "pcm cannot be opened. either it is not signed with trusted... "

I know I've seen some posts about this... so I'm of searching.

I did just install WA3 so I'm not sure if that is the culprit or not.

I also have schap's tool installed an it's got the check box on the ignore security message.
Old 11-13-2007, 11:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Threadstarter

Kolano is becoming a great contributor
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveedem View Post
Anyone having any issues with the PocketCM? I thought it was working ok until today when I went to look up a contact and my contacts weren't there.

Getting the message "pcm cannot be opened. either it is not signed with trusted... "

I know I've seen some posts about this... so I'm of searching.

I did just install WA3 so I'm not sure if that is the culprit or not.

I also have schap's tool installed an it's got the check box on the ignore security message.
It works for me. I think the issue you are seeing may be due to the lack of .net.
Old 11-13-2007, 11:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 4

daveedem is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolano View Post
It works for me. I think the issue you are seeing may be due to the lack of .net.
no I have .net --- I have another app that uses it.. and it works.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development