PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2008, 03:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

gregpilot is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Mikeep, try this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeep View Post
after I installed this fimware, my wifi connectivity stopped working for WPA secured networks. It works fine for WEP and unsecured networks but it just can't connect to a WPA secured network. It sometimes shows "Available" so I try to connect then and still no success-most of the time though it says "Unavailable."
This may be a shot in the dark but there is a .cab file which addresses this
issue, details http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=9298.

The file is WM6 WPA-PSK fix.cab.

I have seen elsewhere that you must also enable TKIP as well as WPA-PSK on your router....

Please note I have not personally tried this but it is probably worth a look!
Old 02-09-2008, 08:19 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Moto q9m and Samsung Saga
Carrier: VZW

jacy is a n00b
Just upgraded (thanks for a GREAT job) after running an old Helmi WM5 ROM for months with no trouble. Only thing I'm having trouble with is Today Agenda -- I can't seem to find the settings anywhere. On the earlier kitchen I believe I loaded Today Agenda from a .cab but although I've got it checked in this kitchen I can't seem to come up with it anywhere...?

Thanks,
~Jacy
Old 02-11-2008, 02:02 AM
Lurker

gorbunok is a n00b
Problem with Verizon Customization

After installation, I expect the phone to run a bunch of Verizon specific programs. That is what happened the last time I used the older version of the Kitchen. When I tried it with the latest version of the kitchen, the phone no longer runs through that type of customization. I have selected Verizon in the drop down before I build the image. I am afraid to transfer service to this phone because I am not sure it will work. Is this something new, or am I doing anything wrong?

thanks
Old 02-11-2008, 08:14 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6700
Carrier: Verizon

TMB_XV6700 is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by gorbunok View Post
After installation, I expect the phone to run a bunch of Verizon specific programs. That is what happened the last time I used the older version of the Kitchen. When I tried it with the latest version of the kitchen, the phone no longer runs through that type of customization. I have selected Verizon in the drop down before I build the image. I am afraid to transfer service to this phone because I am not sure it will work. Is this something new, or am I doing anything wrong?

thanks
gorb,
You're probably not doing anything wrong.
The verizon customizations are built into the rom (assuming you picked Verizon where necessary in the kitchen), so there is no need to run them from the extended rom. The autorun that you are used to seeing has been removed from the latest versions of the kitchen to avoid the conflicts that happen when the customizations are allowed to run on top of the ones already built into the rom.
Good luck, tmb
Old 02-12-2008, 02:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Herman
Carrier: Telus

Van G is just getting started
Got my first kitchen cooked and installed. Pretty cool although HTC Home sure takes up a lot of room with the billboard size clock! Can it be reduced?

Couple other quick questions:
1. Is there a way not to include the customizations from my carrier: Telus? I was using Sardinour's ROM and things worked well without anything from Telus.

2. Will I benefit from flashing my Radio (1.14 to 1.43)?

3. Is there a thread showing what people are installing and configuring their WM6 6700's?

Telus Rhodium - Energy.RHODCDMA.21916.Sense2.5.Cookie.1.8.5.Jul.04 - Radio 1.92.00WV - Voyager 510
Old 02-12-2008, 05:21 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: xv6700 w/ helmi wm6
Carrier: verizon

cheesegrater is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to cheesegrater
Quote:
Originally Posted by Van G View Post
Got my first kitchen cooked and installed. Pretty cool although HTC Home sure takes up a lot of room with the billboard size clock! Can it be reduced?

the htc plugin cant be reduced (to the best of my knowledge), but there is a program called rltoday that is completely skinnable. there is a whole load of htc style skins on these forums, the rltoday site, and over at xda. i'm sure you can find one you like.

Couple other quick questions:
1. Is there a way not to include the customizations from my carrier: Telus? I was using Sardinour's ROM and things worked well without anything from Telus.

i thought that the kitchen flashed the extended rom blank. maybe with telus it's different. perhaps gguru or someone can shed more light on this.

3. Is there a thread showing what people are installing and configuring their WM6 6700's?
there is a thread on the apache forums that has a list of what software ppl are using. theres also one by malatesta thats all ppl's today screens. do a search and you'll find them.

good luck and have fun
Old 02-12-2008, 07:07 PM
Ditch Doctor
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

GaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacy View Post
Just upgraded (thanks for a GREAT job) after running an old Helmi WM5 ROM for months with no trouble. Only thing I'm having trouble with is Today Agenda -- I can't seem to find the settings anywhere. On the earlier kitchen I believe I loaded Today Agenda from a .cab but although I've got it checked in this kitchen I can't seem to come up with it anywhere...?

Thanks,
~Jacy
On your today screen hold the stylus down anywhere inside the agenda plug-in and a menu will pop up. Options can be changed there.

Feel free to if choose to do so.
My ROM for Verizon, Sprint, Alltel, US Cellular and Cricket 20931 Base!!

The THANKS button is over there------------------------------------------------>
Old 02-12-2008, 07:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Herman
Carrier: Telus

Van G is just getting started
Anyone care to tackle Questions 1 & 2?:

Old 02-12-2008, 08:10 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: XV6900
Carrier: Verizon

bjhotch is a n00b
Quote:

Can't really answer number one, but from what I've read, number two is a hot debate. Some report issues or no noticeable improvement, some claim that they get 1 or 2 extra bars. I'm personally at 1.41 and didn't notice any glaring improvement, but didn't notice any issues either.

Brian
Old 02-12-2008, 10:57 PM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Quote:

1) You need the customizations for your carrier - either by selecting your carrier in the kitchen, or letting customizations run if you're using a stock rom. If you don't want your carrier customizations to load at boot (which they won't on WM6 kitchen roms), just push the reset button when your screen says "customizing in 3 seconds"

2) Unlikely. Bars displayed doesn't mean a thing. If you aren't having any issues, then don't bother. It is not advised to upgrade your radio just because you can.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development