PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2007, 09:38 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6700
Carrier: Verizon

TMB_XV6700 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
OK guys, it looks like the Real Kitchen Support Team is taking a much needed break and perhaps preparing for the next kitchen release. Don't give up - I'm sure they'll be back soon to answer the toughies. In the mean time here goes.
Old 11-15-2007, 09:41 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeston View Post
Unfortunately I've tried all different combinations of pressing the buttons. Holding the power button, then holding the record button with it then pressing the reset too, pressing all the buttons at the same time, etc. But yes, regardless of what sequence I use to press them, they're always pressed simultaneously. It's not a problem I can find anybody else having either :S I'm beginning to see a grim future for my phone...
Jeston,
Your screen and backlight work at hard reset time, but you have a black screen afterwards (need to specify when) and can't get into bootloader. This is really unusual, and there are probably only 3-4 people who can really help you - they're all on the kitchen team. The best advice you've gotten so far was Gguruusa's last post - click the "chat" button at the top of the page, allow the java applet to download and install itself, then describe your situation and ask for help getting into bootloader.
Old 11-15-2007, 09:46 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamgood View Post
after building my ROM with the kitchen and upgrading my phone it installs fine and i set it up fine. but once the today screen loads up if freezes after a couple seconds and never becomes unfrozen. soft or hard resets and the problem still occurs. anyone know the solution? thanks!

edit: wanted to add that safe mode runs fine, so its gotta be something with a today plug-in, i'd guess.
teamgood, IMHO, your edit hit it on the nose. After you finish deselecting all plugins (in safe mode) and then reselecting one at a time, please post back which today plug-in is causing the problem. [Edit: Sorry, posted before coffee. I think lennysh's onto something below.]

Last edited by TMB_XV6700; 11-15-2007 at 10:10 AM.
Old 11-15-2007, 09:55 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC6875 WM6.5
Carrier: Alltel

lennysh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlennysh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlennysh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlennysh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlennysh is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to lennysh Send a message via AIM to lennysh Send a message via MSN to lennysh Send a message via Yahoo to lennysh Send a message via Skype™ to lennysh
Quote:
Originally Posted by teamgood View Post
after building my ROM with the kitchen and upgrading my phone it installs fine and i set it up fine. but once the today screen loads up if freezes after a couple seconds and never becomes unfrozen. soft or hard resets and the problem still occurs. anyone know the solution? thanks!

edit: wanted to add that safe mode runs fine, so its gotta be something with a today plug-in, i'd guess.
Also, did you happen to install the HTC X Button App? If so, for me, there is alway's a freeze at boot. But usually after letting it sit for a minute ot two, it unfreezes... It's mainly the today part of that program that does this. Which can be disabled after it boots..

Verizon's (CDMA) PPC-6875 (Rhodium_W/Touch Pro2) with WM6.5

Chat Rooms:
EliteTeam: Java or IRC Client
HTCGeeks: Java or IRC Client
PPCGeeks: Java or IRC Client

Click here to donate to the CDMA Raphael Project Team

Last edited by lennysh; 11-15-2007 at 09:59 AM.
Old 11-15-2007, 09:57 AM
Regular 'Geeker

lennysh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlennysh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlennysh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlennysh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlennysh is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to lennysh Send a message via AIM to lennysh Send a message via MSN to lennysh Send a message via Yahoo to lennysh Send a message via Skype™ to lennysh
Quote:
Originally Posted by trayson View Post
Okay, thanks for the tip that I was using the wrong tools folder. that helped a TON. I'm not longer getting the error messages.

Took me a bit to figure out that you hook up the cable and leave the phone ON instead of going straight into bootloader like last time in the 3.5

I am able to have the "device software update utility" talk to my device and find out that I'm about to update from 3.12.30 / 3.14.208 / 1.43.00 to WM6_AKU_070.

Sounds good so far... THen I hit the update button, it puts my phone in USB bootloader mode for me (bootloader version 2.05). Then the dialoge box says "checking information on your device"...

Still sounds good... BUT, then after a bit, an error message comes up in a dialogue box that says, "EC:256 CB: error 201: get device data error; cannot get device data". How come it was able to get the device data enough to tell me what rom I was flashing from/to, but then when it's time to actually load it; it says it can't communicate??? I'm confused.

Is it the version of my bootloader? (just a wild guess). This is a verizon XV6700 that I JUST got as a warranty replacement. I have it loaded with the Helmi 3.5 right now and am trying to get thsi WM6 on it...
First of all, try putting the phone in bootloader mode before plugging in the usb. You can do this by pushing and holding the power, and record buttons then hit the soft reset button on bottom with ur stylus... Once you see the word serial at the top, then you can plug in the USB cable. Then hit next/ok on the RUU.
Old 11-15-2007, 09:58 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sntehran View Post
I installed cyberon voice commander 2.0. lunching the app with the bluetooth button doesn't work. Is there a way to do this by modifying the registry or any way to get this to work?
Try installing the Microsoft Voice Command 1.6. I have not used the voice commander b4, but I know Microsoft Voice Command works great!
Old 11-15-2007, 10:00 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by trayson View Post
Okay, thanks for the tip that I was using the wrong tools folder. that helped a TON. I'm not longer getting the error messages.

Took me a bit to figure out that you hook up the cable and leave the phone ON instead of going straight into bootloader like last time in the 3.5

I am able to have the "device software update utility" talk to my device and find out that I'm about to update from 3.12.30 / 3.14.208 / 1.43.00 to WM6_AKU_070.

Sounds good so far... THen I hit the update button, it puts my phone in USB bootloader mode for me (bootloader version 2.05). Then the dialoge box says "checking information on your device"...

Still sounds good... BUT, then after a bit, an error message comes up in a dialogue box that says, "EC:256 CB: error 201: get device data error; cannot get device data". How come it was able to get the device data enough to tell me what rom I was flashing from/to, but then when it's time to actually load it; it says it can't communicate??? I'm confused.

Is it the version of my bootloader? (just a wild guess). This is a verizon XV6700 that I JUST got as a warranty replacement. I have it loaded with the Helmi 3.5 right now and am trying to get thsi WM6 on it...
Trayson,
With bootloader version 2.05, back in BuildOS, you need to select the NewBootloader upgrade utility. Click on the box at the top of the screen that says "Standard", then select the X.04+ option from the list.
Also, not sure about leaving the phone ON (i.e. not in bootloader) - this is counter to most recommendations I remember. Good luck. tmb
Old 11-15-2007, 10:47 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny1974 View Post
... can i get any safe mode freeware... apart from spb pocket plus..( it takes lots of resource- no place in the rom for that.) .....
http://www.monocube.com/content/view/5/37/
This version is $6.95 but has a 2-wk free trial.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny1974 View Post
and how do i get back my delivery ack or report enabled in this rom as it doesnt show my msgs delivered. its very important esp when u send multiple msgs..people do get them though..
thanks a ton once again for ur innovative work.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?p=122449
Try the middle of post #3, also the top of post #4.
[Aside: Sunny, these are worthy questions, but neither belongs in this thread. In future, please search for an applicable thread and post there. This one's getting too cluttered.]
[Edit: fixed quotes]
Old 11-15-2007, 10:56 AM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Assasin View Post
This is for us new to the Kitchens, Is there any thoughts to Helmi or any of the other gurus on this site to take this kitchen and create a "service pack" upgrade to those of use using Helmi's WM6 upgrade to fix the known problems? I have read info about an upgrade to the OS. Is this the equivlent or Windows 2000 ans XP? Or is this like a SP1, SP2 change in XP? What is a kitchen in regards to the OS?
Updates are released as bugs are resolved. Check post#1 of the stickied threads for updates. As far as a SP for helmi's original WM6 test ROM, no - you're better off using the kitchen to build a new ROM (it's really simple - and getting easier).

The kitchen is the OS + the ability to customize your rom w/ a variety of additional applications and pre-configured settings. The current kitchen is for WM6, which is a complete OS replacement for WM5, the OS that shipped w/ the PPC.

Last edited by gguruusa; 11-15-2007 at 10:58 AM.
Old 11-15-2007, 11:02 AM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMB_XV6700 View Post
OK guys, it looks like the Real Kitchen Support Team is taking a much needed break and perhaps preparing for the next kitchen release. Don't give up - I'm sure they'll be back soon to answer the toughies. In the mean time here goes.
break? did I miss it?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development