PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2007, 06:26 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

eessienu is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Hello TMB_XV6700,
I've never "flashed" or "cooked" before so I am little confused on my next step. I dl the two new updates and checked a few of the items i want on my phone or kitchen, but i am lost on what to do next!? I see there is a green button that says build Rom on top of the Apache Selection Program but is there anything else i should be doing before clicking the button and also how do i get it to my phone or flash to my Rom? Sorry for the newb questions, I just like all this new development and want to be a part of it.
Old 11-14-2007, 06:45 PM
Lurker

jeston is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ga. Medic View Post
Are you using the power, record button and reset button simultaneously to try and enter bootloader? I know this is a dumb question but I am just trying to throw things out because sometimes it's the simple that is being missed. I hope that is the case because this is a problem I have not had.
Unfortunately I've tried all different combinations of pressing the buttons. Holding the power button, then holding the record button with it then pressing the reset too, pressing all the buttons at the same time, etc. But yes, regardless of what sequence I use to press them, they're always pressed simultaneously. It's not a problem I can find anybody else having either :S I'm beginning to see a grim future for my phone...

Last edited by jeston; 11-14-2007 at 06:50 PM.
Old 11-14-2007, 10:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro II/ Sprint 6800/ Sprint 6700
Carrier: Sprint

Silent Assasin is just getting started
This is for us new to the Kitchens, Is there any thoughts to Helmi or any of the other gurus on this site to take this kitchen and create a "service pack" upgrade to those of use using Helmi's WM6 upgrade to fix the known problems? I have read info about an upgrade to the OS. Is this the equivlent or Windows 2000 ans XP? Or is this like a SP1, SP2 change in XP? What is a kitchen in regards to the OS?
Old 11-14-2007, 11:20 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: XV6700

dpdurst is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to dpdurst
Quote:
Originally Posted by eessienu View Post
Hello TMB_XV6700,
I've never "flashed" or "cooked" before so I am little confused on my next step. I dl the two new updates and checked a few of the items i want on my phone or kitchen, but i am lost on what to do next!? I see there is a green button that says build Rom on top of the Apache Selection Program but is there anything else i should be doing before clicking the button and also how do i get it to my phone or flash to my Rom? Sorry for the newb questions, I just like all this new development and want to be a part of it.
Nope once you select what you want press that green button let it do its thing. See below for the steps

1. start buildOS and set everything across the top (I have for my apache6700 phone) - wm6, standard, htc.nb for the splash screen (you can select any splash screen you want)

2. select the carrier and then select the modules you want to add to the rom for features?

3. When you have all the stuff selected in modules, select the green run arrow a the top and it compiles. Then select the encode go to the correct tools folder and select your correct carrier .prj select next and encode.

At this point you get the software update utility and I put the phone in bootloader mode and go.
SG288 Bluetooth LCD GPS

Last edited by dpdurst; 11-14-2007 at 11:27 PM.
Old 11-14-2007, 11:45 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: env touch...previous: mogul, titan, touch
Carrier: verizon

teamgood is a n00b
after building my ROM with the kitchen and upgrading my phone it installs fine and i set it up fine. but once the today screen loads up if freezes after a couple seconds and never becomes unfrozen. soft or hard resets and the problem still occurs. anyone know the solution? thanks!

edit: wanted to add that safe mode runs fine, so its gotta be something with a today plug-in, i'd guess.

Last edited by teamgood; 11-14-2007 at 11:59 PM.
Old 11-15-2007, 12:34 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: xv6700
Carrier: VZW

bitbrat is just getting started
BTW, in case I haven't said anything yet - you are all AWESOME

I cannot thank you all enough, finally I have a killer phone, and those iPhone toting freaks can kiss my white english arse!
Old 11-15-2007, 02:21 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

trayson is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by trayson View Post
Trying to get this done...

I first got the "fat 16 file too large", but based on at least one other comment, I pressed on to see if it'd work.

so at the bottom of my build status dialogue box, it says, "nk.nbf not found".

And I suppose the thing that's confusing me the most is that I'm not finding a "createrom.bat" like is referenced in the "Kitchen Walkthrough" PDF that I used the last time I did the 3.5 ROM. EDIT: I just found the "Upload Rom to Device" in the drop down menus, so I now know that that replaces the createrom.bat (Can you blame me when the "instructions" are for the old kitchen software?).

So, what am I doing wrong? It has something to do with this nk.nbf not being found... Do I just need to select even less stuff in my kitchen and try again until I don't get the "fat 16 file too large" error??? or is there some other reason why the nk.nbf isn't showing up?

Okay, thanks for the tip that I was using the wrong tools folder. that helped a TON. I'm not longer getting the error messages.

Took me a bit to figure out that you hook up the cable and leave the phone ON instead of going straight into bootloader like last time in the 3.5

I am able to have the "device software update utility" talk to my device and find out that I'm about to update from 3.12.30 / 3.14.208 / 1.43.00 to WM6_AKU_070.

Sounds good so far... THen I hit the update button, it puts my phone in USB bootloader mode for me (bootloader version 2.05). Then the dialoge box says "checking information on your device"...

Still sounds good... BUT, then after a bit, an error message comes up in a dialogue box that says, "EC:256 CB: error 201: get device data error; cannot get device data". How come it was able to get the device data enough to tell me what rom I was flashing from/to, but then when it's time to actually load it; it says it can't communicate??? I'm confused.

Is it the version of my bootloader? (just a wild guess). This is a verizon XV6700 that I JUST got as a warranty replacement. I have it loaded with the Helmi 3.5 right now and am trying to get thsi WM6 on it...

Last edited by trayson; 11-15-2007 at 02:24 AM.
Old 11-15-2007, 02:27 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6700

actin4life is a n00b
Thank you

I'm in complete awe of this amazing tool. Thank you all so much for the work you've put in. A donation will definitely be forthcoming.

=D>
Old 11-15-2007, 03:34 AM
Lurker

sntehran is a n00b
I installed cyberon voice commander 2.0. lunching the app with the bluetooth button doesn't work. Is there a way to do this by modifying the registry or any way to get this to work?
Old 11-15-2007, 06:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6700
Carrier: reliance

sunny1974 is a n00b
am running the 0711 version of this kitchen .. thanks to all ur great work.. is going good. can i get any safe mode freeware... apart from spb pocket plus..( it takes lots of resource- no place in the rom for that.) and im happy with the htc home..
besides when i earlier used the pocket plus.. thought it did get me to safe mode.. it didnt allow me to remove the htc home plugin which caused the boot screen hangup. eventualy i had to hard reset. so i wonder if there is any program which will allow me to actually remove the installed programs in case i run onto trouble.
i really dread the startup screen hangup and it has been my nemisis in the past..
and how do i get back my delivery ack or report enabled in this rom as it doesnt show my msgs delivered. its very important esp when u send multiple msgs..people do get them though..
thanks a ton once again for ur innovative work.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development