PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2007, 09:54 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6700
Carrier: Verizon

TMB_XV6700 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeston View Post
First, I want to say thanks to the guys who put all this together. I've been using the ROM posted earlier and loved it.

However, I fear I must've done something wrong this time around flashing my phone. After trimming my program selection down enough so I didn't get an "out of memory" error when it was creating the ROM I was finally able to put it on my phone. Flashing took only 8 minutes. When it was done, as directed, I disconnected the cable and did a soft reset. The problem is, nothing ever came back on the screen. I'm fairly new at this, so maybe I did something wrong, but I did exactly what I did when flashing with the last ROM. Hard resetting results in the same blank black screen. Trying to put it in boot loader mode does nothing. I've taken the battery out for a few minutes with no help. If I plug it into the computer it sees it, but says it is an unrecognized device. Trying to reflash ends with not being able to get the device information of course. Is there anything I can do?
Jeston,
Looks like you're "stuck in bootloader". http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=7049
Good luck.
Old 11-14-2007, 12:15 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

trayson is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMB_XV6700 View Post
Trayson,
Perhaps to clarify a little more, at the encode step, you'll be presented with a window to select a file associated with your carrier, e.g. verizon.prj. DON'T PICK IT HERE - if you've ever used a kitchen before, the selection is in the wrong spot. You need to back out of the folder shown and navigate over to the \BuildOS\Tools folder (in the new kitchen). Pick the appropriate .prj file here.
thx, that makes a ton of sense.

I'll get it flashed tonight!

Last edited by trayson; 11-14-2007 at 01:17 PM.
Old 11-14-2007, 12:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid Eris

Gervy is a n00b
Spalsh Screen / Welcome Screen

Just a cool one I made...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg welcomehead.96.jpg (10.3 KB, 114 views) Click for barcode!

--------------
Verizon Droid Eris
Old 11-14-2007, 03:16 PM
Lurker

jeston is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMB_XV6700 View Post
Jeston,
Looks like you're "stuck in bootloader". http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=7049
Good luck.
I'm trying, but I have two problems 1) I should be stuck at the "serial/usb" screen, which I'm not. It's completely blank. And 2) I'm on Vista but can't install these drivers because the phone only shows up as an unknown device and says these drivers are not compatible.

Also, someone asked if when I try to do a hard reset if the white screen still comes up asking me to press y or n, yes it does.
Old 11-14-2007, 03:38 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Titan
Carrier: Sprint

ricketkm is just getting started
Send a message via MSN to ricketkm Send a message via Yahoo to ricketkm
newbee how do u install this? i have the apache 6 already but its the old one
Old 11-14-2007, 03:47 PM
Ditch Doctor
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

GaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Quote:
I'm trying, but I have two problems 1) I should be stuck at the "serial/usb" screen, which I'm not. It's completely blank. And 2) I'm on Vista but can't install these drivers because the phone only shows up as an unknown device and says these drivers are not compatible.

Also, someone asked if when I try to do a hard reset if the white screen still comes up asking me to press y or n, yes it does.
Are you able to put your phone into bootloader mode?

Feel free to if choose to do so.
My ROM for Verizon, Sprint, Alltel, US Cellular and Cricket 20931 Base!!

The THANKS button is over there------------------------------------------------>
Old 11-14-2007, 03:52 PM
Lurker

jeston is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ga. Medic View Post
Are you able to put your phone into bootloader mode?
No, the screen stays blank.
Old 11-14-2007, 04:45 PM
Ditch Doctor

GaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Have you tried shining a bright light on the screen to see if you can see any words? The bootloader screen has no backlight. If you shine a light on the screen while in bootloader you should see words on the screen. You may have already tried this, but suggesting it just in case. I guess you are saying the screen is backlit when you do a hard reset, meaning you see it fin when you hard reset.
Old 11-14-2007, 04:53 PM
Lurker

jeston is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ga. Medic View Post
Have you tried shining a bright light on the screen to see if you can see any words? The bootloader screen has no backlight. If you shine a light on the screen while in bootloader you should see words on the screen. You may have already tried this, but suggesting it just in case. I guess you are saying the screen is backlit when you do a hard reset, meaning you see it fin when you hard reset.
Right. I have looked with a light, there are definitely no words on the screen. When I do a hard reset the backlight does light up and I can see everything fine. If I can figure out how to get to the bootloader, I can reflash back to a working ROM, but from what I've tried there isn't a way to get there.
Old 11-14-2007, 05:13 PM
Ditch Doctor

Quote:
Right. I have looked with a light, there are definitely no words on the screen. When I do a hard reset the backlight does light up and I can see everything fine. If I can figure out how to get to the bootloader, I can reflash back to a working ROM, but from what I've tried there isn't a way to get there.
Are you using the power, record button and reset button simultaneously to try and enter bootloader? I know this is a dumb question but I am just trying to throw things out because sometimes it's the simple that is being missed. I hope that is the case because this is a problem I have not had.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development