PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2007, 10:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

jspenc3 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Been on .6c for two days now, so far I've only had three minor issues.

1) This morning my activesync ota exchange wouldn't connect, activesync just sat at 'connecting' on the PPC if I tried to "force" it. It also looked like the usb sync with my PC on Vista didn't sync last night after I docked it. Soft rebooting got OTA working, will test USB sync tonight.

2) After rebooting fixed issue #1, I noticed activesync "updated" a third of my contacts and some calendar entries. Nothing should have changed on either end since the last sync. When I got to work my desk outlook (exchange) had most of my recurring appointments for the past year re-activated (even though I had dismissed then in the past, seems the PPC reset the notification bit or something). It doesn't look like the "updated" items duplicated anything, so no big deal I guess.

3) Not that I'm the first to report this, but it does look like my battery went down MUCH quicker yesterday than when I was on WM5 and radio 1.41 (I'm on kitchen 6c and radio 1.43 now). I'll monitor and see how it does over the next few days.
Old 10-31-2007, 10:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: Verizon

?GotJazz? is just getting started
I loaded WM6.06c yesterday, and saw the following:

I loaded WM6.06c yesterday, and saw the following:
  • Windows Live doesn't let me access my Hotmail email. I can set my account up OK, but my Hotmail email doesn't appear as an account under my Messaging application.
  • When attempting a Sync with Outlook 2007, my work PC lost my previously established ActiveSync partnership with my XV6700.
  • Sometimes, it takes about 5 minutes for my XV6700 to boot up from a soft reset.
  • Internet Sharing via USB is still flakey, requiring turning off Bluetooth temporarily in order to allow my PC to acquire an IP address. If I turn on Bluetooth after establishing a good PC connection, I can plug in / remove my USB cable and reestablish another Internet Sharing session without any problems ... until I reset the XV6700 again.
If anything else pops up today, I'll let y'all know!

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

I'm afraid the holodeck will be society's last invention. - Scott Adams

¿GotJazz?
Old 10-31-2007, 10:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

jspenc3 is just getting started
I just noticed that my beam was on so I disabled that. Not sure if it will help my battery issue, but I didn't want it on anyway.

Any way to disable it by default in the kitchen?
Old 10-31-2007, 12:41 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus

imnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIP
Just upgraded to the latest kitchen, and something changed between this and 0.4 (last one I was using) and now I can't use the NoData app from the 3.5AKU kitchen anymore. It has worked on every other WM6 ROM I've tried until now. I really would like to be able to use it to prevent data connections and access when I don't need them as I don't feel like being charged for my phone randomly transferring data, plus, it could save me on some battery life. Other than that, 0.6c has been working great thus far.
Old 10-31-2007, 01:51 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6700

mrcharliebrown is a n00b
I just cooked a 0.6c kitchen with nodata, vistahide battery gauge, tray launch, strobe light, Toggle BT, vjcandela, acbPowerMeter, spb diary with success. Just used the tool included with the kitchen and grabbed these programs from the 1.0.4 kitchen and started cooking. Very impressed with this ROM. A2DP was the most critical for me. There is a significant improvement in the sound, but still not as good as connecting directly to the device. I also put in some 02 plugin's with no success. Loved the simplifications VG did to reduce boot time for hard boots. Awesome ROM so far. Thanks eveyone!
Old 10-31-2007, 02:26 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

WesWilkey is a n00b
Angry Another "Stuck in Bootloader" problem

I've been running various variants of the Helmi WM6 ROM with success. Today I tried the .7 Kitchen. The upload to the device went fine and completed successfully. However, now when I hard reset it just goes back to bootloader mode. I've tried uploading prior ROM editions that have worked, they all upload successfully, but on reset it just goes back to bootloader mode. I've even tried my original OEM ROM from Sprint. Same behavior.

Phone: PPC6700 Sprint
BootLoader: v1.00

Any suggestions out there?

I've been flashing my phone from Vista with the RUU driver update as posted elsewhere on the site, without any problems until this one. I tried applying Sprint's OEM ROM to no avail. So I then tried Sprint's OEM ROM from an XP machine. It worked. I then went back to Vista and tried the cooked ROM from this Kitchen. It worked. Go figure...

Sprint HTC Touch Pro (and lovin' it)

Last edited by WesWilkey; 11-01-2007 at 08:34 AM. Reason: Update Findings
Old 10-31-2007, 02:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: xv6900

RussMuscle is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by ?GotJazz? View Post
Sure! It's pretty simple - Go to "Settings >> Phone", and you will see an entry for "Voicemail:". You can enter your access number there.

Hint: You can also enter your Voicemail access code there for ease of access of your voicemail. Use the letter "p" for "Pause", with no commas. For example, on my Verizon XV6700, I have the following string for my "Voicemail:" entry: *86pp1234#pp1

The "1234" is my access code, followed by a "#" (which is requested by the voicemail to indicate I have finished entering my access code). The "pp1" just tells the voicemail system to start playing the first new voicemail message.

¿GotJazz?
That is fine for me, I'm a Verizon customer, but I have a buddy who is a sprint customer and the Messages/Missed Calls today plugin dials *86, no matter what is in the Voicemail box under Phone.
Old 10-31-2007, 03:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Threadstarter

verizonguy is becoming a great contributor
Quote:
Originally Posted by WesWilkey View Post
when I hard reset it just goes back to bootloader mode.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=7049

Before criticizing someone, first walk a mile in his shoes...
Then when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away and have his shoes.
Old 10-31-2007, 04:47 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

WesWilkey is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by verizonguy View Post
Thanks VZG for the response. Yes, I went through that thread, too. Tried the mTTY stuff to no avail.

Do you know what the kitchen is doing in the ROM update that the original Helmi version isn't, in regard to this type of result?
Old 10-31-2007, 05:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: centro
Carrier: vzw

jhonny11 is a n00b
Any chance someone could post what the registry change is for the clock that was removed?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development