PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > WP7 HTC Devices > HTC 7 Titan

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2011, 04:02 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
review on engadget

HTC Titan review -- Engadget

interesting read.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-17-2011, 05:50 PM
Bringer of Good Things
Pocket PC: HTC TITAN
Carrier: AT&T

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Re: review on engadget

One thing that I really like about Windows Phone is how fast it boots. You can see in the Engadget video that he popped the battery out, then booted up (in critically low battery, mind you) that it booted in like 10-15 seconds. That is representative of how fast and responsive the OS is.
Old 10-17-2011, 06:04 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

I don't like how they take the slightest things and use it to bash the crap out of the OS. he picked on the search button, the capitalizations (or lack thereof?) and the screen resolution.
Old 10-17-2011, 06:11 PM
Bringer of Good Things

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level

Engadget is notoriously biased, however, I didn't feel the author of this article was particularly bashing the OS. He stated a few criticisms that bother him and could bother others. I find that he's generally incorrect about the capitalizations, but I dislike the Mango changes to Marketplace search as well... is it enough to not like it? No, I love the platform, but it is something I would change. I do find the search function consistent, though, which is far more important to me than that one preference.

The screen resolution is also a sore subject, given the iPhone's screen resolution is definitely its only strong point (in my opinion), BUT, I haven't seen too many Android phones sporting a better resolution either.
Old 10-17-2011, 06:14 PM
Bringer of Good Things

Incidentally... the author also wrote:

"Aesthetically speaking, we sometimes think of Android as a house that you build yourself: the base materials are relatively neutral, but there's plenty of scope for personalization in the way you fit them together. Meanwhile, iOS is like somebody else's house, built by a super-creative person with strong opinions who really doesn't care if you love it or hate it. So what about Windows Phone? Well, on the Titan's glorious display, it too feels like a house built by somebody else -- but this time it's the handiwork of someone who's primary goal is to make you happy."

I think that's possibly the most remarkable endorsement of Windows Phone possible... it's developed by someone who understands YOU and gives you what YOU want rather than forcing you to fit a cookie-cutter-standard or do-it-yourself.
Old 10-17-2011, 06:22 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodThings2Life View Post
One thing that I really like about Windows Phone is how fast it boots. You can see in the Engadget video that he popped the battery out, then booted up (in critically low battery, mind you) that it booted in like 10-15 seconds. That is representative of how fast and responsive the OS is.
Aren't all modern cellphone OS boot in 10-15 seconds?

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 10-17-2011, 07:31 PM
Bringer of Good Things

gTen... I can't speak for the iPhone, but if you show me an Android phone that does a cold boot in that amount of time (and is fully usable), and I'll take it back... but I had an EVO and an Epic, and neither came anywhere near that.
Old 10-17-2011, 08:56 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodThings2Life View Post
gTen... I can't speak for the iPhone, but if you show me an Android phone that does a cold boot in that amount of time (and is fully usable), and I'll take it back... but I had an EVO and an Epic, and neither came anywhere near that.
The Evo is a slow to boot, if you wana see a comparison look here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=yq99kjHQX-I#!

The epic boots pretty fast too, if you use default boot animation its a tad longer due to the animation being longer then that actual boot time. But even with Sprints animation its definitely less then 30 seconds.

I mean even my windows 7 pc boots in 15 seconds or so :/

Edit: I clocked the video, boot time was 24 seconds (having a plain boot animation too), thats on par with the boot time of an epic 4g.

I could not quickly find an Epic stock animation but here is one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDydejo7xhs

Time: 26 seconds, and fancy animation. My phone boots at around 20 seconds.

Last edited by gTen; 10-17-2011 at 09:49 PM.
Old 10-17-2011, 11:38 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

yea only stock animations should be considered.
Old 10-17-2011, 11:53 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
yea only stock animations should be considered.
Well when sprint puts their own animated loader it obviously takes a few more seconds but still under 30 seconds.

But if you want to play that game. I'll go as stock as it gets :P

Nexus S boot time 18 seconds:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWiBXF8jvJM

And I am not including the Galaxy S2 which boots even more faster..
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > WP7 HTC Devices > HTC 7 Titan