PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > GSM TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2009, 10:58 AM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Official HTC Touch Pro2 WinMo 6.5 Roms Released

Lets not get into speculation again! (but its so much fun!) But I would say by the end of Q1 of next year. That's just my humble opinion. Anything sooner would be great, though.
Old 10-27-2009, 03:32 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: t-mobile

dannyboi314 is a n00b
Cool Re: Official HTC Touch Pro2 WinMo 6.5 Roms Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon2 View Post
the european version works fantastic on the tmobile tp2........
I agree BUT i am now wondering why my phone memory is running at 64-70% Can anyone help?
Old 10-27-2009, 09:43 PM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyboi314 View Post
I agree BUT i am now wondering why my phone memory is running at 64-70% Can anyone help?
mine does too, and it did also on stock, theres 2 cabs out there to reduce that, do a search, memory saving cabs or something, i sit at about 60 %, i think it may just be 6.5, who knows, but I get great battery, smooth os and no memory errors so for me no biggie......
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-30-2009, 12:04 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: t-mobile

dannyboi314 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon2 View Post
mine does too, and it did also on stock, theres 2 cabs out there to reduce that, do a search, memory saving cabs or something, i sit at about 60 %, i think it may just be 6.5, who knows, but I get great battery, smooth os and no memory errors so for me no biggie......
Yeah no biggie for me either i was just curious Thanks
Old 11-06-2009, 04:14 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc Touch PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint

LbC Ya562 is becoming a great contributor

I heard WinMo 6.5 for sprint would be out this month (November) I hope so.
Old 11-18-2009, 11:55 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Motorola droid rooted
Carrier: vzw

bulvine420 is a n00b

us phone s/n's dont work
Old 12-04-2009, 05:08 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: about to buy htc TP2
Carrier: optus

riss is a n00b

G'day All,

I have a few questions, some have been partially answered, some are probably not specific to this thread. Apologies in advance.

1. Looking to buy the sprint version ((only one that inc 3.5mm audio jack I believe)all others are the same(generic specs) bar AT&T) of the TP2 for use outside the US.
Only issues are: Purchasing an unlocked and clean ESN phone? Missing anything?

2. Since it will have specific sprint info on it, I'll be looking to flash to WMO 6.5 EU version since our carriers all use GSM & 3G/Next G. This seems possible, what cons are there for a user who doesn't need any of the sprint specific software? eg will the GPS software find me outside the US. Will I need updated maps etc etc :O

Thanks in advance,
Old 12-04-2009, 06:06 AM
SUPER GADGET ADDICT!!!
Pocket PC: Samsung GS2 Epic 4G Touch

japper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by riss View Post
G'day All,

I have a few questions, some have been partially answered, some are probably not specific to this thread. Apologies in advance.

1. Looking to buy the sprint version ((only one that inc 3.5mm audio jack I believe)all others are the same(generic specs) bar AT&T) of the TP2 for use outside the US.
Only issues are: Purchasing an unlocked and clean ESN phone? Missing anything?

2. Since it will have specific sprint info on it, I'll be looking to flash to WMO 6.5 EU version since our carriers all use GSM & 3G/Next G. This seems possible, what cons are there for a user who doesn't need any of the sprint specific software? eg will the GPS software find me outside the US. Will I need updated maps etc etc :O

Thanks in advance,
Actually the Verizon TP2 also has a 3.5mm headphone jack, and I believe all the other CDMA versions do as well. However, if you get a SPRINT TP2 (this only applies to Sprint TP2s) and are only planning to use the phone outside the U.S. then you don't need to flash the radio on the phone. It will work out of the box with the stock radio and ROM with a non-U.S. sim card on a non-U.S. carrier. So if you are using this phone exclusively OUTSIDE the U.S. you technically don't even need a clean ESN because of this. (for non-Sprint CDMA TP2s you may need to perform a security unlock and a sim unlock, which will cost you a $15 "donation"). However, one thing you might want to consider is the CDMA TP2s do not support full 3G on GSM. So you would be getting 2.5G speeds not 3G speeds. And you have to flash to a CDMA ROM, even if you're not using the CDMA radio, which means you could not flash a EU ROM on to the Sprint TP2. But there are plenty of custom roms up their that remove the Sprint branded programs that you cannot use off sprint like SprintNav, SprintTV, etc.

I hope this helps to answer some of your questions.

Please remember to THANK me if I helped you!
Old 12-04-2009, 06:26 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: about to buy htc TP2
Carrier: optus

riss is a n00b

So I should really be looking at t-mobile version, since it runs on the US 3G network?
Old 12-04-2009, 03:11 PM
SUPER GADGET ADDICT!!!
Pocket PC: Samsung GS2 Epic 4G Touch

japper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by riss View Post
So I should really be looking at t-mobile version, since it runs on the US 3G network?
I just double checked because I didn't want to give you bad information. Below are all the frequencies supported by the various TP2s (I got all the information from phonearena.com). I think my earlier statement about the Sprint TP2 not supporting international GSM 3G might be slightly inaccurate. It ONLY supports 2100mhz GSM 3G. But you can look at of the frequencies listed below. Btw what GSM 3G frequency is used in the EU?

The Sprint TP2 (and other North American CDMA TP2s have the following frequencies:
GSM (850/900/1800/1900 MHz)
CDMA dual band (800/1900 MHz)
UMTS European/Asian 3G (2100 MHz)

By comparison here are the frequencies of the EU/International version [no 3.5mm headphone]:
UMTS dual-band European/Asian 3G (900/2100 MHz)

Here are the frequencies of the AT&T TP2 (Tilt2): [no 3.5mm headphone]
UMTS tri-band global 3G (850/1900/2100 MHz)

Here are the frequencies of the U.S. T-Mobile TP2: [no 3.5mm headphone]
UMTS dual-band global 3G (1700/2100 MHz)

If none of the U.S. TP2s support the correct frequency for EU 3G, and you're still set on getting one, I would recommend the Sprint TP2 because the sim card slot is already unlocked for use in the EU (or anywhere outside the U.S.). Otherwise, you will have to pay additional $ to get the phone Radio/Sim card slot unlocked and reflash the radio. Also you don't need a Sprint TP2 with a clean ESN, so you can probably get one for significantly cheaper. You just have to remember if you want to flash ROMs (after a Hard SPL unlock - free) you need to get CDMA roms.

I hope this helps.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > GSM TP2 Development