PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > Google Nexus One
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2010, 06:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Incredible!
Carrier: VZW

MrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: No Verizon subsidy for the Nexus?!

just read this on engadget
http://www.engadget.com/2010/03/12/v...se-u/#comments

i'd be pissed if the verizon n1 turns out to be the incredible. i personally think the incredible looks distasteful, at least from what i have seen so far. and underclocked?! thats so verizon...

i am becoming very impatient for more facts about this topic...lets all hope they are seperate phones (crosses fingers)

EDIT: also noticed on that screen posted that it lists a 5mp camera...the incredible is rumored to have an 8mp...

off topic sorta, can sense ui be turned off on android like in winmo?

Last edited by MrGoodCat; 03-12-2010 at 06:27 PM.
Old 03-12-2010, 07:48 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo Shift 4G
Carrier: Sprint

tokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stuff

Sense can be disabled in Android, but HTC has replaced the vanilla android apps with their own. So messaging would be the HTC messaging program. Not android. So on and so forth.

Since the phone is made by HTC, it will be rooted in no time, and you will have your 1 ghz processor. I wonder if it really was verizon who required the processor to be underclocked, or if google didn't want anything to rival the G1, especially since Verizon will be selling the G1 later this year.
Old 03-12-2010, 10:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Incredible!
Carrier: VZW

MrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuff

well i guess that engadget post got updated and here is a pic of the new spec list...
http://www.androidcentral.com/sites/...erizon%202.jpg

so it seems as though they WILL be two different phones...thanks gad

and thanks tokuzumi for the info. i liked what htc did with sense on winmo, but i kinda like android the way it is. home++ helps too
Old 03-20-2010, 03:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Droid Eris / TP2
Carrier: Verizon

jwoolz48 is becoming a great contributor

I am excited about both of these phones... I hope the 8MP camera stays. Doubtful they'll be out at the same time. I've been using the Eris for a while and Android is very, very nice.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > Google Nexus One