PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   General Windows Phone 7 Discussions (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=164)
-   -   Where are all the Window 7.5 phone users (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=148090)

rootlinux 03-22-2012 04:39 PM

First link is all predictions.

Second link is from 2011.
So it doesn't say anything useful to us today.

Third link just says excedded expectations. What does that mean?
Could just mean they sold more than they thought.

Nothing proves the claims that two of the top three are wp.

gTen 03-22-2012 05:46 PM

Re: Where are all the Window 7.5 phone users
 
Radar 4g was #3 in nov2011 - dec 2011, as of latest results which I am guessing are jan/feb Radar 4g dropped and now Lumia is #3.

http://www-bgr-com.vimg.net/wp-conte...d-dec-2011.jpg

rootlinux 03-22-2012 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gTen (Post 2173671)
Radar 4g was #3 in nov2011 - dec 2011, as of latest results which I am guessing are jan/feb Radar 4g dropped and now Lumia is #3.

http://www-bgr-com.vimg.net/wp-conte...d-dec-2011.jpg

That is what I am seeing.
Device 1 and 2 are Android.

eric12341 03-22-2012 09:18 PM

Re: Where are all the Window 7.5 phone users
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by rootlinux (Post 2173663)
First link is all predictions.

Second link is from 2011.
So it doesn't say anything useful to us today.

Third link just says excedded expectations. What does that mean?
Could just mean they sold more than they thought.

Nothing proves the claims that two of the top three are wp.

didn't read more closely at it. Here

Quote:

As of today, the Lumia 710 is T-Mobile's third best selling device--a level we have never seen reached for any Windows Phone in the US. Likewise, the device is in the same spot for user satisfaction with a 4.7 stars (out of 5) from 115 reviews (interestingly, the HTC Radar is number two).
Quote:

Originally Posted by rootlinux (Post 2173695)
That is what I am seeing.
Device 1 and 2 are Android.

3rd place is good,its progress.

gTen 03-22-2012 10:21 PM

Re: Where are all the Window 7.5 phone users
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by eric12341 (Post 2173701)
didn't read more closely at it. Here

Quote:

As of today, the Lumia 710 is T-Mobile's third best selling device--a level we have never seen reached for any Windows Phone in the US. Likewise, the device is in the same spot for user satisfaction with a 4.7 stars (out of 5) from 115 reviews (interestingly, the HTC Radar is number two).

You mean the user satisfaction rating? personally I wouldn't trust those too much. Simply because unlike say sprint which requires you to actually be a sprint member to write a review for some reason T-mobile allows anyone with with an email regardless of whether you own the phone or not to vote. Not saying that its wrong, just saying that the numbers can easily be manipulated.

fixxxer2012 03-22-2012 10:24 PM

Re: Where are all the Window 7.5 phone users
 
yet verizon and sprint have seemingly jumped off the wp7 bandwagon.

EyeB 03-22-2012 10:51 PM

Re: Where are all the Window 7.5 phone users
 
I'd believe it, but sadly the tmobile stores (3 of them near me) had no windows phone to demo :S I got to see it at a ATT store when I checked out the note :S

Can't say that I'm not impressed with it, but I also can't say I'd want one (I'm not into social media so a "connected" phone isn't for me so much as a "tinkering" phone) I can't say that windows phone isn't good to mess with, but I don't have one and well, can't really sit down and tinker with it while the store rep is standing next to you...

eric12341 03-22-2012 11:36 PM

Re: Where are all the Window 7.5 phone users
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by gTen (Post 2173711)
You mean the user satisfaction rating? personally I wouldn't trust those too much. Simply because unlike say sprint which requires you to actually be a sprint member to write a review for some reason T-mobile allows anyone with with an email regardless of whether you own the phone or not to vote. Not saying that its wrong, just saying that the numbers can easily be manipulated.

I mean the sales, the article I quoted mentions both sales and ratings.

Here's another:

http://www.tmonews.com/2012/03/t-mob...for-lumia-710/

Quote:

Originally Posted by fixxxer2012 (Post 2173712)
yet verizon and sprint have seemingly jumped off the wp7 bandwagon.

Verizon maybe , sprint not so much according to this article:

Sprint Windows Phone with Qualcomm LTE chipset is entering testing phases, tip insiders

Quote:

Originally Posted by EyeB (Post 2173717)
I'd believe it, but sadly the tmobile stores (3 of them near me) had no windows phone to demo :S I got to see it at a ATT store when I checked out the note :S

Can't say that I'm not impressed with it, but I also can't say I'd want one (I'm not into social media so a "connected" phone isn't for me so much as a "tinkering" phone) I can't say that windows phone isn't good to mess with, but I don't have one and well, can't really sit down and tinker with it while the store rep is standing next to you...

T-mobile doesn't have any demo units out, you have to ask a rep to see one.

austin420 03-22-2012 11:49 PM

Re: Where are all the Window 7.5 phone users
 
IF THAT ARTICLE IS ANY INDICATION OF POWAH, IT SAYS IT WILL SHIP WITH A SNAPDRAGON SOC. LE BOO.
YES IM YELLING.

orangekid 03-30-2012 04:15 PM

Re: Where are all the Window 7.5 phone users
 
I don't see how WP7 could have destroyed a platform that was already obsolete. WM6.x had like 1% marketshare if that, I bet WP7 has already overtaken it. MS knew this was a 5 year plan. How many G1s sold when Android first came out, it was a joke. Android? what the hell was that? an ugly keyboard phone that was slow and buggy and was nothing compared to the iphone....

I am like REALLY excited about Windows 8, think about it, it will be across all platforms, ARM versions WP8, man it looks really cool. And WP7 is really sleek. I prefer Android, but WP7 is lightyears better than WM6.x, and I was a flashing junkie! I loved cooking ROMs on my diamond, but it cannot be denied how un-user-friendly WM was.

It will also raise the bar for Jellybean and Key Lime Pie as well iOS6 and 7 because they know that MS is not going away.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:21 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©2012 - PPCGeeks.com


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0