PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   General Windows Phone 7 Discussions (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=164)
-   -   Where are all the Window 7.5 phone users (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=148090)

eric12341 03-19-2012 09:12 PM

Re: Where are all the Window 7.5 phone users

@kyderr, what features do you want?

rootlinux 03-19-2012 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kyderr (Post 2173236)
Nice to see I got some action. I really love WM6.5 with custom ROM. I'm just starting to get some problems with Synchronization, I can see the Daylight savings time will be a problem, and I need a new phone before the back falls off this one. But I cannot loose Several features. I will keep reading and learning. Perhaps WP8 will be my solution.

You could get an older Touch Pro II probably pretty cheap to have around.
I read people running Android from sd.
You could have 6.5 and Android.
Best of both worlds. :)

Edit: Forgot you had a tp2. :)

austin420 03-21-2012 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kyderr (Post 2173236)
Perhaps WP8 will be my solution.

wow. that has to be a joke. i dont think ive ever heard anything so funny in my life.

eric12341 03-21-2012 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by austin420 (Post 2173462)
wow. that has to be a joke. i dont think ive ever heard anything so funny in my life.

WP8 is going to be a gamechanger, whether you think it's funny or not.

kyderr 03-21-2012 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by austin420 (Post 2173462)

Not really sure why say it that way. Windows Mobile has been my solution with a custom ROM with a fairly high level of reliability for some time. It's not perfect, but with the ample assistance of the people on this forum, I have been able to get my phone to do everything that I need it to. A lot more than Verizon ever allowed me, and more than most people do with their phone. It does not have the ease of use of perhaps WP7 or IOS, but It's highly customizable and gives me what I need. I suspect if I had better hardware to run it on, it would even be better....

kyderr 03-21-2012 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eric12341 (Post 2173483)
WP8 is going to be a gamechanger, whether you think it's funny or not.

I agree that the WP8 will be game changer along with windows 8. It's why I asked for a forum to be created and I started a thread here:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/general-wi...ml#post2173478

(Not so much for you Eric1234, You found it already. )

rootlinux 03-21-2012 01:58 PM

Hard to speculate on WP8 when it isn't out yet.
If they were to open it more like WM6.5 was it could definitely be a game charger. Personally I don't see them going that direction but if they look at how popular it was compared to WP7 they may make the changes.

austin420 03-21-2012 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kyderr (Post 2173485)
Not really sure why say it that way. Windows Mobile...

I didn't say anything poor about windows mobile. I was just bemused as wp7 destroyed the platform. Wm6.1 was a gamechanger. Windows phone 7 tok away almost 3/4 functionality. Wp8 isn't going to be able to save it. Too little too late.

Sent from my SPH-D700 on the PPCGeeks App

kyderr 03-21-2012 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by austin420 (Post 2173491)
I didn't say anything poor about windows mobile. I was just bemused as wp7 destroyed the platform. Wm6.1 was a gamechanger. Windows phone 7 tok away almost 3/4 functionality. Wp8 isn't going to be able to save it. Too little too late.

I do not agree. I think Windows is the standard for Desktop platforms, and if they have a good solid desktop share, and they release a Phone O/S that integrates to that, the uptake will be large. My friends love their android phones, but they are not as married to them as some might think. They can get buggy and laggy, and they do not always work. IOS always works, (At least that is the perception) but it's so locked, many advanced users reject it. Something middle of the road with advantages from both camps could do really well. Blackberry held the business market with enterprise connectivity, but their grip is slipping, and seamless integration with Encryption to Exchange is a powerful draw. If WP8 pulls that off and captures consumer market at the same time......

eric12341 03-21-2012 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by austin420 (Post 2173491)

wrong again, nothing wrong with taking a clear start and implementing things bit by bit to ensure a stable experience. since MS was successful with creating a stable and functional experience in WP mango using this approach they are ready to go all out for Apollo. Can't say the same for google which still has lag issues in ICS. Even iOS5 has lag issues on the older hardware. WP is already gaining steam the Nokia lumia and HTC radar are the best selling phones on T-mobile and according to a recent poll more people are willing to buy a Nokia for their next phone, WP is already outselling Symbian in the UK. The US will be soon to catch up (since we always tend to be behind Europe).