PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   General Windows Phone 7 Discussions (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=164)
-   -   Where are all the Window 7.5 phone users (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=148090)

boggie557 11-22-2011 04:25 PM

Where are all the Window 7.5 phone users

:(Is it me or does it seem this site is almost dead for Windows OS users? When I first joined this (pre iphone) site you would always see alot of posts from Windows OS users. The carriers are barely advertising and the former or current users are not posting. Please let me know that you are still out there!!!

eric12341 11-22-2011 05:46 PM

Re: Where are all the Window 7.5 phone users

I'm here, I usually post when someone else does. There's alot more WP users over at WPCentral.

fixxxer2012 11-22-2011 05:54 PM

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.7; en-us; Incredible 2 Build/GRI40; CyanogenMod-7) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Erics here for you lol.

darren.wlsn1 11-22-2011 10:26 PM

there all out buying android phones.http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/3353/24717482.jpg

deadwrong03 11-22-2011 10:56 PM

I'm Here there's never really anybody posting here I post stuff sometimes and and he responses are slow if they ever come. Wpcentral and xda have alt more frequent posts going on as far as wp7 goes

Sent from my mwp6985 using Board Express

fixxxer2012 11-22-2011 11:19 PM

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.7; en-us; Incredible 2 Build/GRI40; CyanogenMod-7) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Quote:

Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1
there all out buying android phones.

Sorry but lmao....

esqueue 11-23-2011 05:10 AM

Usually check in once every week or 2. See nothing new and leave.

eric12341 11-23-2011 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 (Post 2156942)
there all out buying android phones.

@darren.wlsn1 wow just wow, being a mod u should've known better not to post some nonsense like that. My initial reply was the most likely scenario. Replies like the one u posted are y there aren't many WP posters here. We felt that this site had an unwelcoming environment for WP. It has gotten alot better in recent months but it still has a long way to go. if u want to bash WP goto xda, they seem to get away with it over there.

dtrush 11-23-2011 12:37 PM

I'm still sticking around from time to time. I only have an account at XDA & Howard Forums. I only stop by on occassion over there.

Fact is that I needed to live on the forums when having a WinMo phone. If I used an Android phone it would be the same situation. Because Windows Phone 7 has few issues I don't need to spend much time here fixing the problems:mrgreen:. I'm able to spend the time I would have fixing/hacking the phone to do something productive. Thanks Microsoft!

rrjskj 11-23-2011 04:23 PM

the reason i dont post about the os is other then work i really dont use it for anything else .. btw lol darren that was kinda funny ..

fixxxer2012 11-23-2011 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dtrush
I'm still sticking around from time to time. I only have an account at XDA & Howard Forums. I only stop by on occassion over there.

Fact is that I needed to live on the forums when having a WinMo phone. If I used an Android phone it would be the same situation. Because Windows Phone 7 has few issues I don't need to spend much time here fixing the problems:mrgreen:. I'm able to spend the time I would have fixing/hacking the phone to do something productive. Thanks Microsoft!

No you mean theres no modding or themes for wp7. Thats why there isnt alot of users on here.

fixxxer2012 11-23-2011 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rrjskj
the reason i dont post about the os is other then work i really dont use it for anything else .. btw lol darren that was kinda funny ..

It was funny and sorta the truth but i can tell he was joking.

rrjskj 11-23-2011 06:58 PM

lol i agree fixxxer but just by going by some1 else's post they/he didn't seem all to happy about it but oh well what can ya do ..

Dr.8820 11-23-2011 09:18 PM

Wirelessly posted (WP7 Beta Tester: Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; Trident/5.0; XBLWP7; ZuneWP7))

OG WP7 user here, and LMAO @Darren!

darren.wlsn1 11-23-2011 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fixxxer2008 (Post 2157042)

It was funny and sorta the truth but i can tell he was joking.

ya i was joking, i had a wp device long before eric and i think there getting better now. i liked some stuff but not all so i use android but if i needed a phone for work i would have wp but i dont so....

ps, settle down eric it really was a joke a ppcg mods do joke from time to time.

eric12341 11-23-2011 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 (Post 2157064)
ya i was joking, i had a wp device long before eric and i think there getting better now. i liked some stuff but not all so i use android but if i needed a phone for work i would have wp but i dont so....

ps, settle down eric it really was a joke a ppcg mods do joke from time to time.

@darren.wlsn1 shoulda put a smiley or something on it to indicate it was a joke. Sorry about that then.

Also look at the time I made that post, how some people usually are when first wakin up.

dtrush 11-27-2011 02:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fixxxer2008 (Post 2157041)

No you mean theres no modding or themes for wp7. Thats why there isnt alot of users on here.

Well, I guess you could put it that way.

Some people want to trick their phone out with as much eye candy and other stuff to make the phone prettier. Some need to spend unmeasurable time and effort to make it faster so that it is bearable to use and other reasons out of necessity. That's the way it needs to be with Android and WinMo. Stock roms just flat out don't cut it. Some of us don't have the time to spend doing the work that the OS manufacturer should have released onto the market in the first place to release a quality product.

Windows Phone 7 simply works for me. I use the phone a lot for real work such as making phone calls(lots of them), e-mails, calendar, contacts, texts etc. in which the phone is a vitally useful tool. Of course, I use it extensively for podcasts, music and twitter also and some reading as well which is real convenient.

Can the other OS's do all of this stuff? Yes, but the severe lag in Android caused by bad programming, underpowered phones and generally not well though out ways to get things done make the phone a lot more trouble than it's worth. iOS is really in the same realm of confusion in areas also IMHO.

Is WP7 perfect? No. Far from it. But......it's a huge step in the right direction.

steveo70 11-27-2011 02:58 AM

100% agree. WP7 just works for me. Spent countless hours tweaking the TP2 to run faster and better but WP7 gives me exactly what I was looking for. I only wish they would have included a grey theme. Coming from a "hot rod" car background, I liked tinkering on WinMo but having a device that runs fast, consistent, and reliable has given me more me time.

JohnMcD348 11-27-2011 08:19 AM

Over the years I've seen a lot of different sites come and go. I used to be on Aximsite.com most of the time but as the device went away, so did the membership and it was merged into the parent site. The name of this site is PPC(Pocket PC) If you look, you'll still see quite a bit of activity on in the Windows Mobile forum. Pocket PC is a term that has gone by the wayside over the last few years. Now, everything is a Smartphone. It's all about marketing.

aximtreo 11-27-2011 11:44 AM

Don't know about other WP7 users, but I'm too busy using my lovely Trophy. Since I don't have to update weekly, ask a thousand questions about why something doesn't work on this particular phone, I don't fine the need to post sor often. Mind you, the fact that WP7 just works is a really big letdown. Now I don't have to read about all the problems other OS's are having. LOL

GoodThings2Life 11-28-2011 10:29 PM

aximtreo ... I totally agree! I hate to sound like a typical Apple fan, but my Arrive (and soon my TITAN) ... well, it just works. I don't have to fuss with it.

As long as Microsoft continues to promote new devices and applications, the platform will succeed.

fixxxer2012 11-28-2011 10:40 PM

To each their own.

darren.wlsn1 11-30-2011 03:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eric12341 (Post 2157078)
@darren.wlsn1 shoulda put a smiley or something on it to indicate it was a joke. Sorry about that then.

Also look at the time I made that post, how some people usually are when first wakin up.

http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/3353/24717482.jpg

sleepyha 12-02-2011 04:45 PM

i've been part of this site since i had a 6700 as the phones got better it was a question of... what can i get it to do next.. now with the new windows phone... there's NOTHING i can make it do that it doesnt already do.

really, now a days there's no real reason for us windows phone users to log in often.

i just keep hoping that there's been some magnificent discovery that's going to change something. lol

Dr.8820 12-02-2011 06:26 PM

Wirelessly posted (WP7 Beta Tester: Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; Trident/5.0; XBLWP7; ZuneWP7))

How many of you guys have ..I'm a WP7 app or Qik app, let's start a movement!

steveo70 12-02-2011 06:47 PM

Running I'm a WP7,

Arrived from my T7575 using Board Express

kyderr 03-15-2012 09:00 AM

Couldn't Figure out where to put this, so I'll start it here. I am on the TP2 Running the famous Energy ROM, Highly customized so it would work. I want to move to a new phone, but I cannot see a good option out there. I started doing some research on Windows Phone 7 and I DO NOT like what I am learning. I sync using USB, Bluetooth, exchange, and activesync. I sync to two computers, and one exchange server. I use external storage, and I do file synchronization with Goodsync. None of this is possible on Windows Phone 7. I found this article:

Exchange ActiveSync Considerations When Using Windows Phone 7 Clients - TechNet Articles - Home - TechNet Wiki

Which scares me. Basically there is a table about halfway down the article which lists a bunch of flags. Stuff Like:

DisableRemoveableStorage Always returns TRUE (Windows Phone 7 doesn’t support removable storage).

DisableDesktopSync Always returns TRUE (Windows Phone 7 doesn’t support synchronization with desktop Outlook, only media sync via Zune).

Someone give me some hope.

rootlinux 03-15-2012 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kyderr (Post 2172747)
Couldn't Figure out where to put this, so I'll start it here. I am on the TP2 Running the famous Energy ROM, Highly customized so it would work. I want to move to a new phone, but I cannot see a good option out there. I started doing some research on Windows Phone 7 and I DO NOT like what I am learning. I sync using USB, Bluetooth, exchange, and activesync. I sync to two computers, and one exchange server. I use external storage, and I do file synchronization with Goodsync. None of this is possible on Windows Phone 7. I found this article:

Exchange ActiveSync Considerations When Using Windows Phone 7 Clients - TechNet Articles - Home - TechNet Wiki

Which scares me. Basically there is a table about halfway down the article which lists a bunch of flags. Stuff Like:

DisableRemoveableStorage Always returns TRUE (Windows Phone 7 doesn’t support removable storage).

DisableDesktopSync Always returns TRUE (Windows Phone 7 doesn’t support synchronization with desktop Outlook, only media sync via Zune).

Someone give me some hope.

Android will do everything you mentioned. ;)

Sent from my SPH-M580 using Tapatalk

eric12341 03-15-2012 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rootlinux (Post 2172788)
Android will do everything you mentioned. ;)

@rootlinux malware included.

@kyderr WP doesn't support mass storage but it does support SkyDrive which is similar to goodsync I would think. The exchange server should also be able to keep the phone and the 2 computers all updated. Once windows 8 comes out the SkyDrive only thing will fall into place but rumor is that wp8 will have support for microSD cards.

rootlinux 03-16-2012 12:05 AM

Malware included?

I do not own a wp7 device but I do know Android does support every feature he is looking for.
He is looking for a new device that will do every thing he listed.

Like you said when windows 8 comes out.
Not a lot of good if he needs it now or uses something other than windows.
Android will connect to everything from windows to linux to mac.

Just answering his request with an honest answer.

kyderr 03-16-2012 09:21 AM

I have real concerns with Google and their data mining. At least with Activesync USB, I control my data.

rootlinux 03-16-2012 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kyderr (Post 2172881)
I have real concerns with Google and their data mining. At least with Activesync USB, I control my data.

I don't feel google would do it anymore than microsoft.
People just like to bash google more now.
Go back a few years and it was the same for microsoft.

I had windows mobile for years and loved it.
Problem is wp7 is more restricted.
Same reason I won't buy an iphone. I like freedom.

kyderr 03-16-2012 10:22 AM

We already know google is doing more with it than anyone ever has. But by bluetooth local sync or usb, I do not even need connectivity. It reduces my data usage as well. Better integration for synchronization. I know there are options for sync. Great listing of them here. Sync Android/Droid with Outlook/Exchange
What do you use?

rootlinux 03-16-2012 11:43 AM

I usually sync to drop box.
HTC Sync on pc sometimes.
With dropbox I can access everything anywhere.
I do however really like backup to gmail as I can switch devices or any of my sd roms and sync everything between them.
Very handy and windows mobile had something kinda like it but not as detailed.
I can print off emails or texts right from gmail.

fixxxer2012 03-16-2012 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eric12341 (Post 2172807)
@rootlinux malware included.

you know eric i know you LOVE wp7 but im getting a bit tired of your trolling and constantly bashing android. im telling you please refrain from it in the future.

dtrush 03-16-2012 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fixxxer2012 (Post 2172912)
you know eric i know you LOVE wp7 but im getting a bit tired of your trolling and constantly bashing android. im telling you please refrain from it in the future.

Don't crucify @eric12341 for telling it like it is. Take up your arguments with this guy:

CrowdStrike CEO George Kurtz to reveal 'major mobile exploit' at RSA - ComputerworldUK.com

"
A significant vulnerability affecting all versions of the Webkit mobile browser could give malware complete control of your phone. The malware could listen in on your conversations, view through your camera and record everything in your email and messages. It can also track your locations at the time. George Kurtz, CEO of the new security company CrowdStrike, said that he'll demonstrate how the vulnerability works at a presentation at RSA tomorrow.
According to Kurtz, the new vulnerability affects all Android, iOS and newer BlackBerry devices. It does not affect devices running Microsoft Windows Phone 7. Kurtz said this means virtually every smartphone and tablet in use globally shares this vulnerability. Worse, security software currently available for mobile devices won't detect such malware and won't protect against it."

eric12341 03-16-2012 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fixxxer2012 (Post 2172912)

@fixxxer2012 it's true. Plus I can say whatever I want about android as long as I'm not going to the Android section to say it (which I don't) that's trolling.

rrjskj 03-18-2012 04:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dtrush (Post 2172929)
Don't crucify @eric12341 for telling it like it is. Take up your arguments with this guy:

CrowdStrike CEO George Kurtz to reveal 'major mobile exploit' at RSA - ComputerworldUK.com

"
A significant vulnerability affecting all versions of the Webkit mobile browser could give malware complete control of your phone. The malware could listen in on your conversations, view through your camera and record everything in your email and messages. It can also track your locations at the time. George Kurtz, CEO of the new security company CrowdStrike, said that he'll demonstrate how the vulnerability works at a presentation at RSA tomorrow.
According to Kurtz, the new vulnerability affects all Android, iOS and newer BlackBerry devices. It does not affect devices running Microsoft Windows Phone 7. Kurtz said this means virtually every smartphone and tablet in use globally shares this vulnerability. Worse, security software currently available for mobile devices won't detect such malware and won't protect against it."

Umm not to burst ones bubble but seriously how long do u think its gonna last till someone finds an exploit to do send maleware to wp7 devices so unless ur Jesus I dont see anyone being crucified

lnando84 03-18-2012 05:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eric12341 (Post 2172938)
@fixxxer2012 it's true. Plus I can say whatever I want about android as long as I'm not going to the Android section to say it (which I don't) that's trolling.

I see you're still up to your old non-sense huh eric? I don't think you clearly comprehend the meaning of what a troll is so here's the definition from wikipedia for ya..

Troll (Internet):
In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.

Sorry to burst your bubble(had to steal that one rrjskj :laughing6:) but that "@_rootlinux malware included." comment definitely falls under this category, as you were trying to get a reaction from rootlinux, so I 100% agree with fixxxer on calling you a troll!! This thread being in the wp7 section has nothing to do with anything and def doesn't give you a free pass to be a d-bag here yet again!! I mean seriously dude..there's no need to turn everything into a wp7 vs android or t-mobile vs sprint battle..just give it a rest already!! I thought your previous excuse was cause you had a bad 2011..now what gives??

Edit: be sure to check out the cage..left ya something;-)

rootlinux 03-18-2012 10:44 AM

Have we ever had anything Microsoft that wasn't full of security holes?
My first PC was Windows 3.1 and 90mghz.
Every version of Windows has security problems including mobile.

Not bashing wp7 but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know security issues are a part of any os.
If they build it hackers will come.
Fact of life.