PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2011, 01:41 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and every single phone verizon had...
Carrier: Verizon

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Microsoft's Brandon Watson will be on the next PPCGP! Ask your Qs!

Another question that cropped up in lieu of the recent news regarding the first 50 days of wp7 sales vs wm
WM does have a higher marketshare currently than wp7. What does microsoft have planned for improving marketshare for wp7 for the immediate long run?
Has microsoft seen success with the "really" commercials and the current advertising campaign targeting wp7 to mostly business users, parents, and professionals?
Why didn't microsoft emphasize marketing toward an adolescent/early adult demographic like apple iphone and (in a lesser extent) android?
Microsoft has a giant molehill to climb to get back into the mobile race. Much of that begins at standardization. While hardware is standardized, there is not a standard experience because both carrier OEMs continuously denigrate windows phone and force people to go to android. Will US carriers receive proper training to sell wp7 like they have been given for the apple iphone?
Old 01-31-2011, 02:50 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

any idea when we will have flash support?
Old 01-31-2011, 04:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia

aximtreo is just getting started

Two questions:

Direct Sync with Outlook and Zune? when?

How can we reformat micro SD cards that did not work in the Samsung Focus?
Old 01-31-2011, 04:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia

aximtreo is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidinCT View Post
Ok, It's Monday....Any idea on a time frame when this "big news" will be released ?

Nothing on any of the other "gadget" or phone sites about Microsoft releasing news today.

According to a report in France, the update will come on 2/7/2011; maybe this is the announcement for today.
Old 01-31-2011, 05:31 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG V10, iPhone 6 and Nokia ICON

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by aximtreo View Post
According to a report in France, the update will come on 2/7/2011; maybe this is the announcement for today.
http://www.intomobile.com/2011/01/31/windows-phone-7-update/

We all know that the Microsoft WindowsPhone7 update should be coming soon and now we have a rumored landing date: February 7.
Of course, this date for the Windows Phone 7 update is just a rumor swirling around the Internet and it’s attributed to unnamed sources, so we have to take that for what it is.

I would take that as a rumor and not an offical word...I've read the same thing on a few sites all taged with rumor.

Edit: 5pm EST, I guess there is nothing going to be said today, Very disapointed as I was looking forward to info I read here but, could not confirm on any other site.

http://mc.anywherecool.com/Blog/
If I helped in anyway, please hit thanks !

Last edited by DavidinCT; 01-31-2011 at 06:00 PM.
Old 02-01-2011, 09:29 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

lwleedy is just getting started

When will Verizon get a Windows 7 Phone.

I know this has been asked several times but with the number of people asking maybe they will understand how important this is to us.

I'm a business user and need Exchange, Word & Excel on my phone. I'm always cutting and pasting phone numbers from emails into the phone or just cllicking on the number to call a client.

Our company has a company that uses only MS software, IIS, SQL, IE, etc.

As a side note how about a real IPad competitor?

Lenny

Last edited by lwleedy; 02-01-2011 at 09:34 AM.
Old 02-01-2011, 01:02 PM
VIP Member

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laos101 View Post
Hey there geeks!

He will be answering all your questions and thoughts folllowing a big news release coming Monday.
Regards,

Laos101
Could you please ask him what this "big news release" was because it never happened and still has not happened ?

Was looking forward to it and it's a major disapointment that nothing ever came.
Old 02-01-2011, 03:29 PM
The PPCG CR Guy!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Laos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Laos101

I just got the word!

Microsoft will be pushing the news on Friday, which means our podcast will have the exclusive news BEFORE it is even out!!!

Now you will all HAVE to go.

Last edited by gTen; 02-01-2011 at 03:40 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-01-2011, 04:19 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: i910 Omnia
Carrier: verizon

Omega Ra is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOmega Ra is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOmega Ra is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOmega Ra is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOmega Ra is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Omega Ra

Quote:
I just got the word!

Microsoft will be pushing the news on Friday, which means our podcast will have the exclusive news BEFORE it is even out!!!

nice! I REALLY hope it is an announcement about a) the update being released and b) CDMA phones.

As Monday is the 7th (rumored day of release) then a Friday announcement sounds right
Old 02-01-2011, 04:23 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
I just got the word!

So, are you saying that Microsoft will release the news that is going to be brodcasted on Friday in your podcast ? Really ?

Top secret unreleased info, coun't me in, I'll be there... Still crossing my fingers for a Verizon phone.....

Thanks for the update and to clear up the time frame
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions