PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2010, 05:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive
Carrier: Sprint

afolayan702 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Now that it's released, is WP7 worth it?

At T-Mobile I played around with the HD7, (Venue Pro wasn't around.) I have read the reviews, saw the youtube videos. What impressed me was how fluid the system UI worked moving around in the limited time I played with it. I didn't get the feeling of falling in love with it, but with updates and more options from different carriers I would have bit on it. More complete, finished product in the first quarter will dictate to me will be the swing vote on grabbing one. I don't think its nessarry to have one unless your contract is up or you have the capitol(in this economy) to get one asap.
Old 11-14-2010, 06:31 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Opera/9.5 (Microsoft Windows; PPC; Opera Mobi/15954; U; en))

Quote:
Originally Posted by BooDaddy
There doesnt seem to be much marketing hype around it. I have only seen a few commercials and that was before it launched. You would think MS would be marketing the heck out of it in order to regain that lost market share.
I'm watching fox football now and I have seen 3 commercials for it and the game is still in the first half. Looks like they are spending some money.
Old 11-14-2010, 09:33 PM
I am a Patriot
Pocket PC: touchdiamond<treo800<touchpro<touchpro2<arrive<evo
Carrier: sprint

rrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIP
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Opera/9.5 (Microsoft Windows; PPC; Opera Mobi/15954; U; en))

I'm watching fox football now and I have seen 3 commercials for it and the game is still in the first half. Looks like they are spending some money.

lol i noticed that too today ...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-15-2010, 12:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre,HTC Touch Pro2
Threadstarter

smoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuff
Send a message via Yahoo to smoove21

Quote:
Originally Posted by afolayan702 View Post
At T-Mobile I played around with the HD7, (Venue Pro wasn't around.) I have read the reviews, saw the youtube videos. What impressed me was how fluid the system UI worked moving around in the limited time I played with it. I didn't get the feeling of falling in love with it, but with updates and more options from different carriers I would have bit on it. More complete, finished product in the first quarter will dictate to me will be the swing vote on grabbing one. I don't think its nessarry to have one unless your contract is up or you have the capitol(in this economy) to get one asap.
I don't really consider how fluid/fast/smooth a device/os is when I experience it inside of a store. It lacks day to day use. The environment is controlled. No apps installed/running, texts coming in and out. No push email. What i want to know is whether or not wp7 has what it takes to make people defend its capabilities. Tell us what wp7 has that no other os has. I'm talking something we can't give up. Like a blackberry with bbm or the ecosystem of the iphone.
Playstation 3/Xbox360/Wii/PC..Which is best? Join the debate!>> http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=112741
Old 11-15-2010, 01:03 AM
No charge for Awesomeness
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Musicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIP
So it's been a week. What's the verdict so far?

Windows Phone 7 has been out a week today (Monday), and it seems that a few of you have purchased one.

What do you think? What has a week of real world use been like? How many resets have you had to go through? How would you compare it to your previous phone?

Curious minds want to know!

Spread the thanks! Click http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/images/but...ost_thanks.gif if someone helps you!
Old 11-15-2010, 01:30 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: RazrMaxx
Carrier: vzw

cbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoove21 View Post
I just can't get that "i've gotta have it" feeling when i see it. Something about how simple/bland the whole tile concept looks and operates.
Yeah, you got it right. "Bland" is the best description I've heard yet. Nothing exciting about it for me anyway.
Very in-line with their advertisting theme of "Really?". Getting you in and back out quick so your time isn't spent playing with the device. Who'd want to play with a "bland" device? .....In n' out quick, yup, that fits a bland device.

Last edited by cbreze; 11-15-2010 at 01:35 AM.
Old 11-15-2010, 10:48 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and every single phone verizon had...
Carrier: Verizon

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP
Re: So it's been a week. What's the verdict so far?

worth it...even with the issues
Old 11-15-2010, 12:04 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

I have yet to see one out in the wild... but nothing I've seen about it yet has compelled me to check it out.

I dunno, I know it's supposed to be this great leap over WM6... but for me the hype is totally not there... heck I'm barely even interested.

Now, android for me is a whole different story even using the hamstring'd xandroid builds on my TP2 it blows me away!

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 11-15-2010, 02:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g

Biggnaa20 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to Biggnaa20 Send a message via Skype™ to Biggnaa20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post
worth it...even with the issues
What are the issues?

nnb

Last edited by Biggnaa20; 11-15-2010 at 02:56 PM. Reason: Clarity
Old 11-15-2010, 03:12 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

I can't wait.
Comeonnnnnnnnn Sprint.
p.

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions

Tags
ios, microsoft, review, webos, wp7