PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2011, 07:59 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and every single phone verizon had...
Carrier: Verizon

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Windows Phone 7... Doomed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
Your not reading the numbers right..its EVEN worse...those are the amount of licenses M$ sold up to now to manufacturers...aka we aren't even talking about carriers shelves or even how many devices were made..we are talking about licenses for software here..and usually they buy in advanced..aka it wouldn't be out of the question if the CDMA WP7 devices are ALREADY included in those numbers..yes..its THAT BAD...
tough to posit in lieu of the recent rumors for 2 updates that offer cdma support...
Old 01-27-2011, 09:36 PM
I am a Patriot
Pocket PC: touchdiamond<treo800<touchpro<touchpro2<arrive<evo
Carrier: sprint

rrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIP
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

i dont know about all that if wp7 fails its gonna be due to the timing on cdma releases which doesnt make sense releasing the gsm versions and not the cdma's .. i just dont know i mean i still like the devices but i kinda think its the timing issue that is gonna cause it to fail but hey the mobile industry has always been a cat and mouse deal to me anyways..
Old 02-06-2011, 08:05 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

wow a thread started by a fandroid rooting for a MS failure has more replies than one cheering on MS by a WM user, i think im beginning to see Dr8820s point
Old 02-06-2011, 05:32 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Arrive
Carrier: Sprint For Now

alphaxi3 is just getting started

All I have to say is that this came before Windows to

An inside look at the original Macintosh (photos) | 15 of 17

and guess who won that battle. (hint: It was not Apple)
Old 02-09-2011, 11:35 AM
The EVO Guru
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaxi3 View Post
All I have to say is that this came before Windows to

An inside look at the original Macintosh (photos) | 15 of 17

and guess who won that battle. (hint: It was not Apple)

I dont know why people keep using windows as an example when there was a more clear cut example of windows mobile vs IOS.. thus winmo vs the iphone. Clearly windows mobile department isnt anywhere near as productive or successful as their other division.
Old 02-10-2011, 10:59 AM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

I agree that WP7 has a few bugs and needs an update, but this is a really nice user experience OS!

I have been using it for over a month now and it does continue to grow on me. It will succeed as a mobile OS because it does offer some things that neither Android nor iOS can offer, and those are unfragmented, more integrated, smoother, more fluid UI. It will evolve guys.

We will see custom UIs and 3rd party multi-tasking and all that jazz, but it has to be implemented the right way, look how long it took iOS to put in multi-tasking! Give it some time, starting out this strict on specs and apps was a brilliant move, it got the devs to stay honest!

if your app does not state-save the right way instead of just trying to tombstone every app then it will be killed! when true multi-tasking and tombstoning hits WP7, then devs will be used to making efficient apps, so you don't have a backgrounded fart app eating 50mb of RAM and using up your battery.

Give it some time, and give it a chance. MS has proven they can let a product stay on the Market for a long time before it starts to earn serious cash and market share, they have a very long term approach on this, and they are more worried about what the users who own phones think than how many initial units they sell.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-10-2011, 07:48 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
I have been using it for over a month now and it does continue to grow on me. It will succeed as a mobile OS because it does offer some things that neither Android nor iOS can offer, and those are unfragmented, more integrated, smoother, more fluid UI. It will evolve guys.
You know what though...when I first tried WP7 I actually couldn't figure out how it worked initially...in comparison my first experience with Android I was able to figure it out from the get go..the only thing that had me confused was the Menu key..

Then again I come from a background of using smartphone in general...so it may have attributed to that :/

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 02-10-2011, 11:34 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and every single phone verizon had...
Carrier: Verizon

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
You know what though...when I first tried WP7 I actually couldn't figure out how it worked initially...in comparison my first experience with Android I was able to figure it out from the get go..the only thing that had me confused was the Menu key..

Then again I come from a background of using smartphone in general...so it may have attributed to that :/
so did I but substitute the menu key for the start key...
as far as not knowing how it works...yeah you're going to have to clarify. I dunno how hard it is to slide up through tiles slide left to access all programs...
Old 02-10-2011, 11:57 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post
so did I but substitute the menu key for the start key...
as far as not knowing how it works...yeah you're going to have to clarify. I dunno how hard it is to slide up through tiles slide left to access all programs...
Well start key is the App Drawer...when I first got android I realized to hit the home key..but when I wondered into Google Maps for example I couldn't figure out how to get the options lol..

Well yeah thats the thing..the sliding gets a little confusing initially..when I first got to play with it I played with it for like 3 minutes or so..and I couldn't find where all the programs were or where to configure the setting..I got the clicking on the hubs/tiles part but I kinda got lost in the navigation :/

I mean its kinda a physiological thing where everyone's UIs have similarity that even while unique can confuse users for the limited amount of time they get to play with it :/
Old 02-11-2011, 11:20 AM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

the first time I picked up an Android device it was a Hero in a Sprint store, up till then my knowledge was in WM flashing, hacking, cooking, etc... and I couldn't figure out how to work the task manager in Android, didn't even know you could slide the notification window down, I just tapped it and nothing happened. I didn't know how to use the menu key, the whole experience was like wtf.

Then I got a mytouch 3G just to learn Android and after about a week I was rooting, flashing custom recoveries and radios and roms and all that jazz, so I learned pretty fast but yeah, when I had WP7 flashed on my phone I learned the whole OS inside/out in about 10 minutes, lol.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions