PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2010, 04:33 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

It is nice to hear that the device is responsive!
Old 11-05-2010, 04:41 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Re: Windows Phone 7... Doomed?

I agree bro... Now I can't wait to get my TP2 that I always wanted... (7PRO) lol.
Old 11-05-2010, 04:54 PM
Almost a VIP

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

How long ago was it that we were teased with that nvidia tegra processor? Looks like THE windows device will soon be here. Any idea when we may see demo units in the Sprint stores?
Old 11-05-2010, 04:56 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level

Well... Apparently the employees witll be able to pre order soon. Not sure how soon after that they will get it.
But Shouldn't be too long... I've got a busy and costly holiday season ahead of me. I'm kinda glad it won't get here till early 2011. Gives me a chance to recover the wallet.
Old 11-05-2010, 07:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia
Carrier: Verizon

aximtreo is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Seems that a 3.7" screen HTC WP7 is on the way to Verizon. I'll wait till at least a 4" screen is available.

HTC Windows Phone 7 smartphone spotted on way to Verizon? - SlashGear
Old 11-05-2010, 09:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre,HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

smoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuff
Send a message via Yahoo to smoove21

In the beginning i didn't care about microsoft's new os at all. Now it's actually starting to grow on me. Don't get me wrong, i still don't want one because webos is the os i love lol. I'm just waiting on better hardware for it. I haven't had the chance to actually play with microsofts new baby but i believe it's better than android in some ways. I bought my girl an evo not too long ago and its a great device i must admit. The problem is that its the hardware and skin (sense) that htc provided that makes it a completely sexy device.I've had a mogul/touch pro and tp2 so i've always enjoyed what HTC makes. I feel like most people are claiming to love android and what they really love is what phone manufacturers add to it that makes it pretty/sexy and consumer friendly.
Playstation 3/Xbox360/Wii/PC..Which is best? Join the debate!>> http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=112741
Old 11-06-2010, 01:27 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoove21 View Post
The problem is that its the hardware and skin (sense) that htc provided that makes it a completely sexy device.I've had a mogul/touch pro and tp2 so i've always enjoyed what HTC makes. I feel like most people are claiming to love android and what they really love is what phone manufacturers add to it that makes it pretty/sexy and consumer friendly.
Not exactly...while sense is a popular ui many people still opt to use launcher pro and adw launcher..the power of Android lies in it customization. realistically speaking at the moment its probably the closest alternative to the current winmo of having a pocket pc and a phone in one....and unlike winmo..Android is enjoying the new hardware and is taking advantages of the new processors/gpus and etc.

not only that, its also fairly customizable to the average consumer with the implementation of widgets.

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 11-06-2010, 09:28 AM
Almost a VIP

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; MSM Build/MASTER) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

The only real problem with Sense it is that you are pretty much stuck with the layout as provided by HTC. With Android, widgets can be moved around to really create a customized interface.
Old 11-06-2010, 02:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

smoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
Not exactly...while sense is a popular ui many people still opt to use launcher pro and adw launcher..the power of Android lies in it customization. realistically speaking at the moment its probably the closest alternative to the current winmo of having a pocket pc and a phone in one....and unlike winmo..Android is enjoying the new hardware and is taking advantages of the new processors/gpus and etc.

not only that, its also fairly customizable to the average consumer with the implementation of widgets.
I agree about being fairly customizable with widgets, but most people dont use launcher pro or adw launcher. Maybe most people that roam sites such as this one but not the average consumer. All they know is what they're told.If they know they like android then thats enough. They walk into the store looking for android phones. Not phones running sense or touchwiz. We research and understand that htc/samsung/dell etc all have their own ui's over android itself.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-06-2010, 02:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonlordoftheround View Post
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; MSM Build/MASTER) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

The only real problem with Sense it is that you are pretty much stuck with the layout as provided by HTC. With Android, widgets can be moved around to really create a customized interface.
Yes but lets be honest. We really aren't the average consumer. When we compare android to the old winmo it's because of the ability to tweak the os and flash different roms. We are the minority. The first thing any of us (users of sites such as this one) do when we get any new os is try to root/flash/tweak or just plain old make the os do things it didnt do right out the box. Demonlordoftheround kinda made the point i was trying to get at. My opinion was that most people (the majority) don't realize that android isn't sense or touchwiz. All the average consumer can do is customize the interface within sense. To someone like us sense or any other ui doesn't matter because nine times out of ten, we're just going to flash a custom rom anyway. My girlfriend has an evo, she loves everything about it. She says she loves android and the weather effects (of sense) are cute. She doesn't realize that its htc's sense ui that she's in love with. If it wasn't for me she would expect all phones running android to at the very least have what sense has. I could imagine there are many other android users thinking somewhere along the lines of her.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions